Windows 10: Upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Pro Enterprise. Now Windows is not activated

Discus and support Upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Pro Enterprise. Now Windows is not activated in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Bought this HP computer at Costco last year. It came with Windows 10 Home. I need encryption so I paid Microsoft $99 to upgrade to Pro so I could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by GaryWiedemann, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Pro Enterprise. Now Windows is not activated

Bought this HP computer at Costco last year. It came with Windows 10 Home. I need encryption so I paid Microsoft $99 to upgrade to Pro so I could have BitLocker. After the upgrade, I now have the "Activate Windows" watermark. The activate page in settings is showing error code: 0xC004F025. What should I do?

:)

GaryWiedemann, Mar 10, 2020

2. Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro becomes not activated Enterprise?

This is the second time in a row where I've upgraded a PC from Windows 10 Home to Pro via the Microsoft Store on the machine. However, upon restarting I get the message that shows that Windows isn't activated and in the computer properties it shows that
    the machine is now Windows 10 Enterprise. Why is this occurring so often? How can an upgrade from Home to Pro suddenly become Enterprise, and on top of that, not activated? I'm paying for these upgrades, yet I'm not receiving them. Are there any steps that
    I must take to prevent this from happening? Is it inevitable?

Christopher Vela, Mar 10, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 10, 2020
  4. MrGenius Win User

Upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Pro Enterprise. Now Windows is not activated

Windows 10 RTM/Build 10240 now available for Insiders

Insiders in the fast and slow rings are now being distributed the latest Windows 10 RTM (build 10240).

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwi...-for-windows-insiders-in-fast-and-slow-rings/

But for those wanting to expedite the upgrade, and/or download the latest build in iso form, it can be downloaded for free from the following link.

http://getintopc.com/softwares/oper...-pro-build-10240-iso-32-64-bit-free-download/

Don't forget to check out the activation steps found here:

Spoiler slmgr /ipk W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX
    slmgr /skms kms.xspace.in
    slmgr /ato

Windows 10 Enterprise - NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43B8YKP-D69TJ
    Windows 10 Home - TX9XD-98N7V-6WMQ6-BX7FG-H8Q99
    Windows 10 Professional - W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX

use the key you need for the build and run those lines in cmd to activate

activation
    I suggest running those commands as administrator. Just in case.

Enjoy!

MrGenius, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

Upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Pro Enterprise. Now Windows is not activated

1. Upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Pro Enterprise. Now Windows is not activated - Similar Threads - Upgraded Home Pro

2. Windows upgraded to from Home to Enterprise, deactivated. Now is Pro.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows upgraded to from Home to Enterprise, deactivated. Now is Pro.: I did a fresh install of windows, bought a Home key and activated.The next day after changing some things to fix my mail app it said my windows was deactivated.I googled a bit and came across this post. I did what it said there but I didn't realise this was only for windows...
  3. Windows 10 Upgrade from Home to Pro and Activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Upgrade from Home to Pro and Activation: Hi, If I upgrade my Windows 10 license from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro will Windows 10 Pro be the version that is activated on machines that I install from then on, like Windows 10 Home is now, or will it only be valid for one machine Windows 10 Pro and the rest will...
  4. Upgraded edition to from Home to Windows 10 Pro, now Enterprise installed and not activated

Upgraded edition to from Home to Windows 10 Pro, now Enterprise installed and not activated: Hi, I was having Windows 10 Home version on my laptop and I upgraded it and bought Windows 10 Pro edition, through Microsoft Store. My payment was successful. But, after the Windows has upgraded and restarted, I have activation issues because now edition is Enterprise even...
  5. Activation for Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Home

Activation for Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Home: Hi, I bought an 1 yr old HP laptop from a friend, restored factory settings, and trying to set up. I purchased upgrade from Microsoft for Windows 10 Pro from Home and it won't activate. Receipt contains no product key. When I try to active with Microsoft account, message...
  6. Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead.

Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead.: Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi/6d21d6d7-1500-4458-b69f-3ee07b1f66c0
  7. Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead.

Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead.: Hi, I recently bought the Windows 10 Pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store for my laptop with Windows 10 Home installed. After the payment is finished, I got a notification to restart my laptop. When it is booted on, I checked the Settings > Activation page and instead of...
  8. Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro becomes not activated Enterprise?

Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro becomes not activated Enterprise?: This is the second time in a row where I've upgraded a PC from Windows 10 Home to Pro via the Microsoft Store on the machine. However, upon restarting I get the message that shows that Windows isn't activated and in the computer properties it shows that the machine is now...
  9. upgraded PC to from activated Windows 10 home to Windows 10 pro, ended up with enterprise,...

upgraded PC to from activated Windows 10 home to Windows 10 pro, ended up with enterprise,...: What a mess. I purchased an upgrade from Win 10 Home to pro ($99 USD), installed that. Now my system is showing as Windows 10 enterprise and is not activated. I have the a product key sticker on the box and I entered that but windows comes back with "the product key didn't...
  10. Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro/Enterprise from Windows 10 Home(OEM)

Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro/Enterprise from Windows 10 Home(OEM): Hi All, I purchased a Laptop with Windows 10 Home, and now I want to upgrade to a server edition like Pro or Enterprise. Do I need to pay anything for that, or simply I can go and upgrade and use the same key? Regards Binoy...