Windows 10: Upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home

Discus and support Upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Today I upgraded my computer from Windows 7 Home to Window 10 Home and after the install am getting a spreview.exe error.. followed by spwixul.dll,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AngelaMiller4330, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home

Today I upgraded my computer from Windows 7 Home to Window 10 Home and after the install am getting a spreview.exe error.. followed by spwixul.dll, sperror.dll, spwizui.dll, sprerror.dll Boxes that pop up.

I have done the Disk Cleanup as suggested, and checking for Windows updates currently.

Can I delete these files, it looks like they are associated with Windows 7?

Thank you,

Angela

:)

AngelaMiller4330, Dec 3, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 3, 2018
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

Upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

Upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home

1. Upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Upgraded Home Home

2. Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 Home: I cannot run the Media Creation Tool 21H2; getting the error 0x80072F8F - 0x20000. How do I get around this so that I can upgrade to Win10 and know that I haven't just wasted £120 please? Cheers....
  3. Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 Home: I cannot run the Media Creation Tool 21H2; getting the error 0x80072F8F - 0x20000. How do I get around this so that I can upgrade to Win10 and know that I haven't just wasted £120 please? Cheers....
  4. Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 Home from Windows 7 Home Premium

Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 Home from Windows 7 Home Premium: I asked this question earlier - August 20 or so, and received a detailed reply. However, I was unable to access my computer until now to read it. I have gone through many, many pages of prior postings but have been unable to find that solution . So I'm posting the problem...
  6. Unable to upgrade from Windows 7 home to Windows 10 home

Unable to upgrade from Windows 7 home to Windows 10 home: I have Windows 7 Home on my Dell Latitude 5400. Downloading from Microsoft's web page, I tried the free upgrade process to Windows 10. After many hours, this message appeared: System registry contains invalid file paths Drive letter assignments do not match across...
  7. Windows 7 Home upgrade to Windows 10 Home "Failed"

Windows 7 Home upgrade to Windows 10 Home "Failed": So I finally bought Windows 10 after missing the free upgrade window and of course the installation won't work. I have a valid Product Key for W10, downloaded the media creation tool and have tried several times to upgrade, and each time it goes through the whole installation...
  8. upgrade from windows 7 home to windows 10 pro

upgrade from windows 7 home to windows 10 pro: i have brought windows 10 pro and downloaded it to a memory stick but my windows 7 is asking for a anytime upgrade key to upggrade how or where do i get one ....
  9. Upgrading from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrading from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Pro: Please can someone advise if it is possible to upgrade directly from Windows 7 (working laptop) to Windows 10 Pro using a Microsoft Windows 10 Flashdrive? (full Windows 10 Pro flashdrive purchased from Microsoft) I appreciate I can install a clean Windows 10 Pro...
  10. Upgrade windows 10 from windows 7 home premium

Upgrade windows 10 from windows 7 home premium: Hi Team, I have missed the free upgrade to windows 10 last year, however i would like to upgrade my laptop from windows 7 to 10 now. I have alredy running Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium on my Sony Vaio Laptop.... Can I upgrade to Windows 10 again for free? If so, how can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 7 home premium