Windows 10: Upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro, now having multiple problems.

Discus and support Upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro, now having multiple problems. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm currently in the process of upgrading all of our Windows 7 computers to Windows 10. The first two I did, both had the same problem. Initially, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Matt Balliett, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro, now having multiple problems.

I'm currently in the process of upgrading all of our Windows 7 computers to Windows 10. The first two I did, both had the same problem. Initially, I discovered that the search box didn't work. Every time I click on it, the box disappears. While trouble shooting, I also discovered that I cannot right click on the task bar icons, Edge closes immediately after opening, and the "Check for updates" button doesn't seem to do anything at all.

I can use windows-key + R to bring up the run window. This works as long as I know the right commands to use. I've spent a day and a half trying to trouble shoot, searching one IT forum after another, trying everything I could find, but to no avail. I'm going to guess that all of these issues are related, but I'm at a loss to explain how. Every thing else seems to be working fine, other browsers, apps, shortcuts, etc. Without these features though, functionality is limited.

Most of our PC's are HP ProOne 400's. While these initial two machines where in use by other employees, I tried updating a third so I could continue troubleshooting on it. Ironically that one came up just fine. I still have about another 60 computers to update, so I'm really hoping somebody can help me figure this out before I a have a bunch of half working computers.

I greatly appreciate any help I can get!

:)

Matt Balliett, Nov 22, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 22, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Nov 22, 2019
  4. Upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro, now having multiple problems.

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

Upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro, now having multiple problems.

1. Upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro, now having multiple problems. - Similar Threads - Upgraded Pro Pro

2. Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro Upgrade: I want to upgrade a Windows 7 PC which by the requirements is upgradable to Windows 10 Pro. I went to the Microsoft Store and the only option is to Download WIndows 10 Pro. My Windows 7 PC really requires a clean install. Does Windows 10 Pro give me the option to format...
  3. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Win 7

Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Win 7: I custom build my own machine. Current machine is a Window 7 Pro with an OEM version. Plan to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro shortly. ------------ Questions ------------ 1) My understanding is I can install the Full Retail version and this will keep me from having to...
  4. Upgrade Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrade Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: I have a computer that I am attempting to upgrade to Windows 10. It is currently Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. I have attempted to use the Media Creation Tool to do this as I have done probably a 100 times at time point and I am not able to upgrade without erasing all the settings...
  5. Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro: Have tried several suggestions on upgrade of windows 7 Pro. Still get same error message: This PC cannot be upgraded to to Windows 10. PC is not yet supported for this version of windows 10...........
  6. Upgrade of Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrade of Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: Get thew following error: This PC cannot be upgraded to Windows 10. Your PC is not supported yet on this version of Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-of-windows-7-pro-to-windows-10-pro/558d9872-9d50-4dfe-9592-3c549d64ff50
  7. Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro: We are experiencing a strange issue with domain joined workstations when upgrading them to Windows 10. When running setup.exe or setupprep.exe from the install DVD/ISO we get: "Setup couldn't start properly. Please reboot your PC and trying running Windows 10 Setup...
  8. How to in place upgrade window 10 pro from window 7 pro

How to in place upgrade window 10 pro from window 7 pro: Dear All our company have around 120 window 7 pro computers, and we plan to upgrading them to window 10 pro by the end of 2020, just wonder is it recommended to in place upgrade to win 10 from win 7 directly ? in this way i do not need to re-format the...
  9. Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Windows 7 Pro Backup

Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Windows 7 Pro Backup: I have the latest version 1809 and last update available as of this date. I cannot find a way to run backup without getting an error 0x80070013 eventually during the backup. I have a clean 8TB Seagate drive and get the same message as that on my 5TB Seagate backup drive....
  10. Multiple Problems With Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple Problems With Windows 10 Pro: i have upgraded from windows 7 ultimate to windows 10 pro because of the newly designed start menu *Biggrin but little did i realize until recently i came across alot of bugs with this distro, but i am not bashing win 10, after all it is new. i expect bugs and glitches....