Windows 10: Upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 - WiFi Issues

Discus and support Upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 - WiFi Issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just finished upgrading my Dell 1545 from Windows 7 to Windows 10. My WiFi is connected and I don't have any trouble accessing the internet through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bowtiewontlie, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 - WiFi Issues

I just finished upgrading my Dell 1545 from Windows 7 to Windows 10. My WiFi is connected and I don't have any trouble accessing the internet through Chrome, Spotify, and iTunes. However, when I click on the Getting Started button to connect my accounts, it tells me "It looks like you're not connected to the Internet."

Any suggestions on how to fix this? (I am not super tech savvy, so the more detail the better.)

Thanks!

:)

Bowtiewontlie, Aug 8, 2015

2. Windows 10 Reupgrade or dual boot Win10 and 7 with same key

Hey guys, I upgraded my fiancée's laptop to Windows 10 from Windows 7 but I'm having issues with wifi (it's because of an old wifi adapter, not compatible with Windows 10), I'm going to get her a new wifi adapter but until then she can't be without one.
    So here's what I'm wandering, can I downgrade to Windows 7 and then when it arrives can I upgrade once again to Windows 10? If not, can I dual boot 10 and 7 with the same key?

Thanks!

YuriMedeiros, Aug 8, 2015
  3. Upgraded from Windows 7 to 10- HAVING ISSUES

I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 on my HP G60 Notebook PC, and everything is fine and dandy, besides the fact when I try to wake my computer from sleep mode, only the machine itself will respond and now my screen. I found if I put my computer to
    sleep mode by pressing the button and keeping the lid open, then using the mouse to wake it, it works fine. Please help me fix this issue. I was on tech support earlier and we thought we had a solution but it is still doing it!

JonathanU10, Aug 8, 2015
  4. Lisa Win User

Upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 - WiFi Issues

Sorry I don't have a solution, but just wanted to say I have the exact same issue.

I upgraded my Dell Inspiron 560 from Windows 7 to Windows 10. On Friday. Since then, none of the new features can connect to the internet i.e. Edge, Mail etc all say 'It looks like you are not connected to the Internet'. Strange this is, I am connected. I launched IE which was still along the top of my screen, and can browse the internet no problem in IE.
    The icon at the bottom right shows 'Internet Access' and when I click it shows Ethernet Connected.

I tried uninstalling Realtek PCLe GBE Family Controller, but it must have downloaded again on restart, and the issue persists. I have also uninstalled Avast, and have no vpn software installed.

Other things I have read about Private/Public network etc, when I go to 'View your active networks', this shows you are not currently connected to any networks.

I just don't get why IE works fine, but not the new apps.

Lisa, Aug 8, 2015
  5. I finally decided just to reset my computer to see if that would help, and it actually did.

Settings>Recovery>Reset this PC

When you click "Get started" it'll ask you if you want to keep your files (which will delete all your applications and settings, but keep any documents, pics, etc. that you have) or delete everything. I chose to keep my files and it worked fine. It took a while and it was a pain to re-download everything and get all my settings and everything back, but it seems to be working fine now!

Hope this helps you, Lisa!

Bowtiewontlie, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 - WiFi Issues

1. Upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 - WiFi Issues - Similar Threads - Upgraded WiFi Issues

2. Issues with upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues with upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7: Partway through the install the computer shuts completely off. On restart, it uninstalls the partial installation of Windows 10 and returns to Windows 7 The following error message displays 0xC1900101-0x20006 The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error...
  3. Upgrading from windows 7 to 10 - issues with update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading from windows 7 to 10 - issues with update: It completed install(update) and screen is rebooting - but then it booted back to windows 7 I may have missed a screen alert - as it was running for a while and i only had to answer to keep my programs and files and i said yes - Im going to try again with not keeping files...
  4. Issues while upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Issues while upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10: Dear micro soft, I am unable to upgrade wind 10 i have got an error during booth operation as below, please visit: http//go.microsoft.com/?Link ID528892 Please assist, Thanks , Prajwal ***PII Removed for privacy*** ***Original title: Regarding wind.. upgration frpm...
  5. Issues while upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Issues while upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10: I keep getting this message: WindowsUpdate_C1900101" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" ***Original title:Failed windows 10 upgrade from windows 7*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issues-while-upgrading-from-windows-7-to-windows/a582d206-422c-41c1-a883-2a8266d0a301
  6. upgrade from 7 to 10 compatitbilty issue

upgrade from 7 to 10 compatitbilty issue: what should I do my NVIDIA GEFORCE ISNT COMPATIBILE. New to this should I try to update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-7-to-10-compatitbilty-issue/dceb1aae-dbb3-4402-9038-6dbdfe17f9b5
  7. Issues while upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Issues while upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10: I tried to upgrde from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and i have error. Safe_os and migrate_ data ***Original title: Windows 10*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issues-while-upgrading-from-windows-7-to-windows/3cc7de44-f740-41f6-9934-e79fef62b01a
  8. Issues while upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Issues while upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10: Hello All, Custom build PC. Has been running fine for years with updates on Windows 7 Pro. Looking to update to Windows 10 via in-place USB method created from mediacreationtool. 1. Computer is fully updated with drivers from manufacturers. Gigabyte board, etc, etc. 2....
  9. Upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 Network Issues

Upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 Network Issues: Hi All Just updated my final Windows 7 machine to Windows 10 but have an issue with the Ethernet Adapter. It is a VM machine running on Windows 2012R2. Before the upgrade the VM had a static IP address but after the upgrade it had gone to a DHCP address. No Issues, I...
  10. Upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 - Issues!

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 - Issues!: I have recently installed Windows 10 and have found the following issues:- I need to use Explorer rather than MS Edge for my CCTV - but when using Explorer the pages freeze up or jump up and down? It seems almost like MS being determined that I will use Edge or else?!?...