Windows 10: Upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 - Issues!

Discus and support Upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 - Issues! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have recently installed Windows 10 and have found the following issues:- I need to use Explorer rather than MS Edge for my CCTV - but when using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Maxholt, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Maxholt Win User

Upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 - Issues!

I have recently installed Windows 10 and have found the following issues:-

I need to use Explorer rather than MS Edge for my CCTV - but when using Explorer the pages freeze up or jump up and down? It seems almost like MS being determined that I will use Edge or else?!?

I wanted Adobe to be my default for PDF files - not MS Edge! It took me a while to get it to stay as the default, as again I found it kept reverting back to Edge - this also happened with my printer!!! I really do not want EDGE to take over everything I do!!!!!!

However ....

PDF files are now freezing on me - refusing to open - opening with all the sizing incorrect? Editing that previously was easily done is now either awkward, difficult or impossible! I don't understand why the OS would interfere with my software?

I use Moneysoft and now that programme will keep freezing up during the first ten minutes of use - then it seems to settle down and operate correctly? Is this the price you pay for installing Windows 10?

I can no longer drag PDF files from my desktop and drop them directly into email messages (I use gmail)?

Really beginning to wonder why on earth I installed this product as everything worked just fine before *Mad

I'm on the verge of trying to get Windows 7 back - but worried that this action might cause even more issues. Is Windows 10 just full of bugs, or do I need to spend a day or two researching online, calling MS, etc to try and resolve issues that I now have?

Any advice gratefully received, .

:)

Maxholt, Nov 29, 2015

2. Upgraded from Windows 7 to 10- HAVING ISSUES

I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 on my HP G60 Notebook PC, and everything is fine and dandy, besides the fact when I try to wake my computer from sleep mode, only the machine itself will respond and now my screen. I found if I put my computer to
    sleep mode by pressing the button and keeping the lid open, then using the mouse to wake it, it works fine. Please help me fix this issue. I was on tech support earlier and we thought we had a solution but it is still doing it!

JonathanU10, Nov 29, 2015
  3. Upgraded from Windows 7 to 10- HAVING ISSUES

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Please provide us more information on the exact issue. Mean while run Power troubleshooter to fix common issue with power settings. Follow the steps below to do so:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.

• Double click on troubleshooting and click on view all.

• Click Power and hit next to run the power troubleshooter.

• Follow the on screen directions to complete the process. Once it is done, close all windows and restart the computer.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Sara Mohammedi, Nov 29, 2015
  4. philc43 Win User

What version of Win10 are you on? Type winver in the search box to check. The most recent upgrade is:

Upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 - Issues! [​IMG]

This is working quite well in my experience but it may take a few days and a number of updates before your system settles down, which I agree should not be the case but seems to be what is happening. It depends on how you upgraded but I can recommend the route described in the following tutorial if you want to get a clean install.

How to Directly Clean Install Windows 10 without having to Upgrade First

Now that you are upgraded and activated you can of course do a clean install and there is a tutorial for this too.

I found my own system worked much better after a clean install (of course, you will need to reload all your software but the extra time spent is worth it in the long run). Make sure you have backups of all your files.

philc43, Nov 29, 2015
  5. Maxholt Win User
    I guess I am stupid because I cannot even find "start" in windows 10?

I received an email saying I was entitled to a free upgrade - I kept getting the reminders that I could do this and last week finally decided to do it - so I would have thought I would have the most recent version? I just clicked the pop up box to proceed with the free upgrade.

Thank you for suggesting the clean install; however, I won't be able to do that just now as I am running behind with work and don't have the time to back up and reinstall everything from scratch.

Maybe the only solution is try to revert back to Windows 7? Or, maybe give it a another week or so to settle down?

Maxholt, Nov 29, 2015
  6. Maxholt Win User
    Ah ha, just found my command prompt!

Windows 10
    Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.14)

Maxholt, Nov 29, 2015
  7. philc43 Win User
    Good, you are on the most recent build. Give it a day or two and check out a few of the tutorials and search on this forum to see if there are things that might help. If the operating system continues to play up have a look at this tutorial:

How to Refresh Windows 10

As many people will confirm on this site a clean install is well worth doing if you have the time and have good backups of your data and any other settings you might need.

All the best,
    Phil

philc43, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 - Issues! - Similar Threads - Upgraded Issues

2. Can't upgrade to Windows 11 from Windows 10 issues with Windows Update Assistant as-well

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't upgrade to Windows 11 from Windows 10 issues with Windows Update Assistant as-well: I'm currently cannot update my PC to the newest versions.I'm currently on Windows 10 21H2 and every update assistant, whether that's the Windows 10 or 11 tool, it say's "something went wrong" Error Code: 0x80070003 mainly.When I "check for updates" on my PC same Error Code...
  3. Can't upgrade to Windows 11 from Windows 10 issues with Windows Update Assistant as-well

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't upgrade to Windows 11 from Windows 10 issues with Windows Update Assistant as-well: I'm currently cannot update my PC to the newest versions.I'm currently on Windows 10 21H2 and every update assistant, whether that's the Windows 10 or 11 tool, it say's "something went wrong" Error Code: 0x80070003 mainly.When I "check for updates" on my PC same Error Code...
  4. Can't upgrade to Windows 11 from Windows 10 issues with Windows Update Assistant as-well

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 upgrade issues

Windows 11 upgrade issues: Pc Health stated that I could not upgrade to windows 11 because my Hard drive was in MBR so I now converted hard drive to GPT and Pc Health now says to contact PC manufacture to see if windows 11 will work on my PC?...
  6. Windows 11 Upgrade Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Upgrade Issue: I am trying to upgrade to Windows 11, but the PC health check states, "The processor isn't currently supported for windows 11." However, the processor appears in the list of Microsoft Windows 10 22H2 Supported Intel Processors. How can this be that I cannot upgrade if my...
  7. Windows 11 Upgrade Issue

Windows 11 Upgrade Issue: I am trying to upgrade to Windows 11, but the PC health check states, "The processor isn't currently supported for windows 11." However, the processor appears in the list of Microsoft Windows 10 22H2 Supported Intel Processors. How can this be that I cannot upgrade if my...
  8. Windows 11 Upgrade Issue

9. If i upgrade my HP laptop purchased in june 2021 to windows 11, will the issue with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If i upgrade my HP laptop purchased in june 2021 to windows 11, will the issue with...: If i upgrade my HP laptop purchased in june 2021 to windows 11, will the issue with security update not installing be fixed, or do i still need to expand my recovery partition?...
  10. If i upgrade my HP laptop purchased in june 2021 to windows 11, will the issue with...

If i upgrade my HP laptop purchased in june 2021 to windows 11, will the issue with...: If i upgrade my HP laptop purchased in june 2021 to windows 11, will the issue with security update not installing be fixed, or do i still need to expand my recovery partition?...