Windows 10: Upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 - Window does not fill screen

Discus and support Upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 - Window does not fill screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello... I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Now my windows desktop does not expand to the full size of the monitor via HDMI. My second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DB-ATL, Apr 16, 2019.

1. DB-ATL Win User

Upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 - Window does not fill screen

Hello...

I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Now my windows desktop does not expand to the full size of the monitor via HDMI. My second monitor is plugged in via DMI and that one still works fine just as it did with Windows 7 but my main monitor has a black margin on all sides.

I have already uninstalled the video driver and reinstalled and that did not work. Here are my specs

HP Desktop

Core i7 920 @ 2.67GHz

12GB RAM

1T hard drive with lots of free space

Display Adapter: ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series

Please advise other options to utilize my full monitor.

Thanks.

:)

DB-ATL, Apr 16, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 16, 2019
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Apr 16, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 - Window does not fill screen - Similar Threads - Upgraded Window does

2. Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10: I am having significant trouble while trying to upgrade my PC to Windows 10. Currently I am running Windows 7 Home Premium, and I just today purchased an upgrade to Windows 10 Home edition, with a new key. When I run the installer, the system allows me to agree to the terms...
  3. Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10: I am having significant trouble while trying to upgrade my PC to Windows 10. Currently I am running Windows 7 Home Premium, and I just today purchased an upgrade to Windows 10 Home edition, with a new key. When I run the installer, the system allows me to agree to the terms...
  4. Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10: Hello everyone... Actually I need to upgrade my PC which is running Widows 7 32bit to Windows 10 32bit. Few months ago I have upgraded my PC to Windows 10. It's an old PC but Windows 10 64bit just run fine without any problems for more than 7 months. One day a problem...
  5. Shape Fill with MS Word 2007 after upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 does not work.

Shape Fill with MS Word 2007 after upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 does not work.: All this worked with W7 but not now, after W10 upgrade: I can insert ANY shape just fine but the "square" is the only one that comes up with color filled in blue, which can be changed with no problem. Attempt to fill any other shape with color does not work. Get shape...
  6. windows 10 upgrade from windows 7

windows 10 upgrade from windows 7: I finally did the upgrade from windows 7 to windows ten after I was constantly getting messages from Microsoft to do so I didn't want to but they talked me into it and I lost all of my personal photos from 10 years I am a musician and also lost 5 years of recordings my band...
  7. Upgraded To Windows 10 From Windows 7

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgraded To Windows 10 From Windows 7: I bought Windows 7 a long time ago to load on a new computer I was planning to build. Well it took me over 2 years to finally buy the components and put the computer together. I tried downloading my copy of Windows 7 so I could activate it. However, I had trouble...
  8. upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10

upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10: how do you upgrade windows 7 to windows 10 through the Microsoft Store? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-from-windows-7-to-windows-10/b927dbd8-ea32-4704-808b-666c3881b4f4
  9. Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7

Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7: I've just upgraded my Windows 7 to windows 10. Since the upgrade when I try to update windows, it says the device is missing important security and quality fixes. When I try to activate the windows, it says it can't find my organization's activation server. What this mean?...
  10. Windows 10 image does not fill screen on monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 image does not fill screen on monitor: for windows 10, how do I adjust display so image will fill the screen? I have followed instructions for windows 7 as found on help chat but this did not work....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i upgraded from windows 7 to windows but the windows key does not bring anything