Windows 10: Upgraded from Windows 7 to windows 10 yesterday. Now I have no sound. I've tried everything...

Discus and support Upgraded from Windows 7 to windows 10 yesterday. Now I have no sound. I've tried everything... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Upgraded from Windows 7 to windows 10 yesterday. Now I have no sound. I've tried everything suggested with no luck. Please help...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlfredDeVita, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Upgraded from Windows 7 to windows 10 yesterday. Now I have no sound. I've tried everything...

Upgraded from Windows 7 to windows 10 yesterday. Now I have no sound. I've tried everything suggested with no luck. Please help...

:)

AlfredDeVita, Jun 1, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 1, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jun 1, 2019
  4. Upgraded from Windows 7 to windows 10 yesterday. Now I have no sound. I've tried everything...

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

Upgraded from Windows 7 to windows 10 yesterday. Now I have no sound. I've tried everything...

1. Upgraded from Windows 7 to windows 10 yesterday. Now I have no sound. I've tried everything... - Similar Threads - Upgraded yesterday sound

2. Completed Upgrade From Windows 7 to 10 - Now No Sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Completed Upgrade From Windows 7 to 10 - Now No Sound: Tried uninstalling drivers. System says the 'best drivers for your system are installed. I don't even get the tones when I do the speaker test....
  3. Completed Upgrade From Windows 7 to 10 - Now No Sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Completed Upgrade From Windows 7 to 10 - Now No Sound: Tried uninstalling drivers. System says the 'best drivers for your system are installed. I don't even get the tones when I do the speaker test....
  4. Completed Upgrade From Windows 7 to 10 - Now No Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Sound problem and I've tried everything... help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound problem and I've tried everything... help: Just bought a new pc with windows 10, and plugged in my soundcard I'm a music producer and simply does not want to work with windows.All sounds work through the soundcard until I open up cubase, everything ceases including cubase and i get this error code on Groove...
  6. Sound problem and I've tried everything... help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound problem and I've tried everything... help: Just bought a new pc with windows 10, and plugged in my soundcard I'm a music producer and simply does not want to work with windows.All sounds work through the soundcard until I open up cubase, everything ceases including cubase and i get this error code on Groove...
  7. Sound problem and I've tried everything... help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Trying to upgrade to windows 10 from 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to upgrade to windows 10 from 7: I have tried several times and get one message to uninstall NVidia GeForce, not sure how to. Then it gets to second boot and error in migrate data. I am not very computer savvy, but would like a solution to my problem if possible. Thank you...
  9. Trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10

Trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10: Trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10. It downloaded then went in to setup looking for updates and has been at 46% for almost 5 hours. Is this normal? This is my church computer and I need this to be up running for church in the morning? If I stop it and try again Monday...
  10. Trying to upgrade to Windows 10 from 7

Trying to upgrade to Windows 10 from 7: Over the past few days, I've been working to get my desktop to Windows 10. Right now, it's on Windows 7x64. I've tried: * Windows Media Creation Tool A) "Upgrade this PC now" B) "Create installation media" * USB drive from the creation tool A) Booting to it B)...