Windows 10: Upgraded Graphics card - Win10 Upgrade does not see it

Discus and support Upgraded Graphics card - Win10 Upgrade does not see it in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; My old XPS700 could not be updated due to my old GeForce 7900 GT. I upgraded to a GeForce 8500 GT which Win 10 supports, but I cannot upgrade as the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by WPaGuy7, Aug 26, 2015.

1. WPaGuy7 Win User

Upgraded Graphics card - Win10 Upgrade does not see it

My old XPS700 could not be updated due to my old GeForce 7900 GT. I upgraded to a GeForce 8500 GT which Win 10 supports, but I cannot upgrade as the Win10 program still says I have the old graphics card. Anyone know how to get that program to recheck your system for the upgrade. *Sad

:)

WPaGuy7, Aug 26, 2015
  2. SSimsz1 Win User

Win 10 upgrade

I got the Microsoft icon for win10 upgrade. I got a message win 10 can not be installed on this machine because I have a graphic card that will not work with win 10. I replaced the card that will work with win10, but I still have the message. how do I get
    the system to see the new graphic card?

SSimsz1, Aug 26, 2015
  3. mueed98 Win User
    Windows 10 black screen

I was upgrading from win8.1 to win10.During upgrade screen went black.Now i am again on win8.1.If i set Intel Hd graphics as default graphic card besides nvidia than the problem will be solved?????

mueed98, Aug 26, 2015
  4. Nozmint Win User

Did u delete all old drivers and registry from your old card.
    Does the new card work perfect wirth drivers and so on / showed correct in device manager?
    What do you use to upgrade? Windows Media Creation Tool/ WinUpdate?
    At which point does it say u can´t upgarde?

Nozmint, Aug 27, 2015
  5. WPaGuy7 Win User
    Registry was cleaned after upgrading the Graphics card and installing the latest driver. Card is working perfectly. I did not try to upgrade but my lower right task bar shows the Get Win10 icon, however it still says I can't update due to my old graphics card. I can't figure out to get the Win10 update to recheck my system.

WPaGuy7, Aug 27, 2015
  6. Nozmint Win User
    Try the Media Creation Tool.. this way u force to upgrade and it checks your system again.
    I think it has to work then.
    But be warned.. at the moment there are a few problems with nvidia drivers.
    Me have too.. and i have an 9600gso.
    Can´t use Win10 atm.. always become BSOD..

Nozmint, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Upgraded Graphics card - Win10 Upgrade does not see it - Similar Threads - Upgraded Graphics card

2. upgrade helios 300 graphic card.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    upgrade helios 300 graphic card.: hi.i was wondering what are the possible way to upgrade Helios 300 graphic card ,currently I'm using RTX 2060 but is there anyway i can boost my graphic card further or even upgrade it ?...
  3. Z800 Graphics card upgrade

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Z800 Graphics card upgrade: HP Z800 / Z820 / Z840 - Graphics cards. I believe all three models are the same in these respects. I have been very confused by the information on upgrading a Z800 to a more powerful graphics card, so having solved, at least the more obvious issues, I have listed my findings...
  4. Win10 upgrade graphics problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 upgrade graphics problem: Hi, I started upgrade to win10 but at one moment I saw on monitor message: Not Optimum mode, recommended mode 1920x1200 60Hz, it is Samsung SyncMaster sa850. I thing this message is from monitor, so there are wrong settings on pc. I made restart, bios works, i can se part of...
  5. Graphics card for Windows 10 upgrade

Graphics card for Windows 10 upgrade: I am upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I am not a gamer, only occasionally watch a TV program on my PC. Otherwise I just play with my photos. I have an old integrated NVIDIA GeForce GT 230 graphics card. I understand that this card is not compatible with Windows 10....
  6. Upgrading an Old Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgrading an Old Graphics Card: Hi everyone! I have a very old PC that I built in 2008 with the following configuration: Asus P5Q Pro motherboard; Intel core 2 duo e8500 CPU; 8GB RAM; Asus EN9600GSO TOP/HTDP/384M video card (DirectX 10) My PC runs Windows 10 1909 just fine. Here is the question. I do...
  7. Upgrade my graphic card

Upgrade my graphic card: Hi, I was wondering what was the best graphic card to upgrade my computer. I don't play that much, but I want to be able if I want to, for the last ones. It's fine if it's not the best quality, just enough to play. I also want to watch 4k videos. I need two HDMI output...
  8. Upgrade Graphic Card

Upgrade Graphic Card: I'd like to upgrade my video card but am not to informed on which card to use. I have a Nvidia GeForce GT 610 and my power supply is 460 watts, any suggestions on what I could use would be greatly appreciated. Windows 10 Pro latest updates installed.*Smile 87549
  9. Upgrading Graphics Card?

Upgrading Graphics Card?: So I just wanted to know if I could upgrade my graphics card without changing/upgrading anything else as well. I have a GeForce GT 610 currently, and switching it out for the GeForce gtx 750 ti or the 950. PROCESSOR: AMD Fx(tm)-4300 Quad-Core processor 3.8 GHz RAM: 16gb...
  10. Win10 upgrade problem vs. graphics card

Win10 upgrade problem vs. graphics card: About two years ago I built a Win10 computer, using an Asus M5A78L-MLE MB (I usually use ASRock MB). To my dismay, the on-board graphics weren't working. I remembered I had an old (8-9 years?) XFX GeFORCE graphics card and I plugged it in and all seemed well. Now suddenly...