Windows 10: Upgraded Hardware And Cannot Reactivate Windows 10

Discus and support Upgraded Hardware And Cannot Reactivate Windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; On Christmas day I upgraded my computer and cannot reactivate my windows 10 home on the computer. I have followed the step and it did not fix my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Kiritocloud, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Upgraded Hardware And Cannot Reactivate Windows 10

On Christmas day I upgraded my computer and cannot reactivate my windows 10 home on the computer. I have followed the step and it did not fix my problem. I have added a new mobo and now i'm stuck with the Activate Windows mark on my screen.

My windows 10 key is digital

I have check and I am running a genuine copy of windows.

:)

Kiritocloud, Dec 26, 2018
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 reactivation on hardware changes

Hi Florea,

It is possible that Windows won't be able to identify your computer correctly that is why the operating system is not activated. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to reactivate your Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Dec 26, 2018
  3. Reactivating Windows 10 after hardware upgrade

I recently did some major hardware upgrades on my computer, including replacing the motherboard. A week before I did this I linked my digital license to my microsoft account so I could reactivate windows after the upgrade, following the steps on this page:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change

After following the second set of steps I'm given this error:

"We can’t find any devices linked to your Microsoft account that can be used for reactivating the device you’re using right now. Make sure you’re signed in with the same Microsoft account you linked to the Windows 10 digital license on this device or try
    again later."

Clicking "See other devices" shows me nothing except:

"We can’t reactivate Windows from these devices.

If you're not seeing your current device, make sure you're signed in with the same Microsoft account you linked to the Windows 10 digital license on this device. "

I'm signed in on this computer as an admin with my Microsoft account. Is there anything else I can try to reactivate Windows 10?

AMonoceros, Dec 26, 2018
  4. Nordic Win User

Upgraded Hardware And Cannot Reactivate Windows 10

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

Upgraded Hardware And Cannot Reactivate Windows 10

1. Upgraded Hardware And Cannot Reactivate Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Upgraded Hardware Cannot

2. Reactivate Windows 10 after PC Hardware Upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivate Windows 10 after PC Hardware Upgrade: Hi I just upgraded my PC Motherboard, CPU, RAM, GPU, Etc and kept my old SSD and HDD drives with windows installed which was activated with a Windows 10 Pro license. However now Windows 10 says it's unactivated, and that I need to buy it. I have tried troubleshooting and it...
  3. Reactivation after hardware upgrade

Reactivation after hardware upgrade: Hi guys, I just upgraded my PC CPU, motherboard, RAM, and SSD to be specific and having problems reactivating my Windows 10. I was using a Windows 10 home retail key brought on Amazon upgraded to pro and linked to my Microsoft account. Tried the troubleshooting and change...
  4. After Hardware upgrade, cannot reactivate windows.

After Hardware upgrade, cannot reactivate windows.: My issue is multi faceted. Firstly, Windows did not activate after upgrading my Motherboard CPU and RAM. Hard drive with windows installed was kept. This version of Windows was originally Windows 7 that came preinstalled on the computer when I bought it. [ATTACH] When I...
  5. Windows reactivation after hardware upgrade

Windows reactivation after hardware upgrade: I've recently upgraded my home desktop replacing everything but my harddrive, gpu, and power supply. Before doing so I attempted to get my windows 10 pro key for reactivation but was told that it would saved to my windows account since I'm keeping the hardrives the same...
  6. Hardware upgrade, can't reactivate windows.

Hardware upgrade, can't reactivate windows.: Back in 2013-14, I built a new rig and purchased a copy of Windows 8.1. I received my free copy of Windows 10 back in 2018 for having a registered copy of 8.1, and yesterday I purchased some new hardware motherboard, processor, and RAM. After getting the hardware installed,...
  7. Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware upgrade

Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware upgrade: I recently upgraded both my CPU and motherboard, and 'Activate Windows' watermark showed up I tried the troubleshooter but it doesnt seem to work I also tried reenter the product key again and that also doesnt work. The troubleshooter doesnt show any error codes it just...
  8. Windows 10 won't reactivate after hardware upgrade

Windows 10 won't reactivate after hardware upgrade: I upgraded my mobo and CPU, but after moving my SSD to the new PC it won't reactivate Windows 10. I keep going to Settings to reactivate but it keeps saying "We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later. " It's said that for 4 days so I don't think trying...
  9. Hardware changed cannot reactive windows 10

Hardware changed cannot reactive windows 10: I installed windows 10 when it first came out I never entered a key to active it or use my windows 7 key. My computer died and it was replaced with the same motherboard and now im unable to active windows 10. I don't want to use my windows 7 key to active 10 and I don't want...
  10. Upgraded hardware, windows needs to be reactivated.

Upgraded hardware, windows needs to be reactivated.: I recently got a new motherboard, cpu, and ram installed in my pc and I now have a watermark at the bottom of my screen saying "Activate Windows - Go to Settings to activate Windows". I went to the activation settings, clicked troubleshoot and a tab opens up saying "We...