Windows 10: Upgraded hardware and now now Microsoft Windows

Discus and support Upgraded hardware and now now Microsoft Windows in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Ok, I just updated the hardware on my desktop. I was going through everything and noticed an Activate Windows watermark in the lower right corner of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RichyRosado, Apr 30, 2022.

1. Upgraded hardware and now now Microsoft Windows

Ok, I just updated the hardware on my desktop. I was going through everything and noticed an Activate Windows watermark in the lower right corner of my screen. I went through the troubleshooting steps on the website and I received this error "We found a Windows 10 Home digital license for this device running Windows 10 Pro. To activate using this digital license, you need to install Windows 10. I called Microsoft to get assistance. The rep found my digital key as well as other items made no sense to me and then reinstalled windows 10 Home. I followed the step he provided but I am still havin

:)

RichyRosado, Apr 30, 2022
  2. malware Win User

Microsoft Announces Windows Vista Hardware Requirements

Microsoft today announced the official Windows Vista hardware requirements. If you want to run Windows Vista you'll need at least: 800MHz CPU , 512 MB of system memory, a graphics processor that is DirectX 9 capable, and 15 GB HDD free space. If you plan to use the Windows Aero user interface you'll have to own at least:
    • 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor.
    • 1 GB of system memory.
    • A graphics processor that runs Windows Aero.
    • 128 MB of graphics memory.
    • 40 GB of hard drive capacity with 15 GB free space.
    • DVD-ROM Drive.
    • Audio output capability.
    • Internet access capability.
    Source: Microsoft

malware, Apr 30, 2022
  3. lse123 Win User
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool said all OK and continued OK with upgrade... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all OK for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?
    and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

lse123, Apr 30, 2022
  4. trparky Win User

Upgraded hardware and now now Microsoft Windows

Potential upgrade to AMD Ryzen

There are two types of Windows licenses...
    • Retail
    • OEM
    Retail licenses of Windows can be legally transferred between hardware because it's a retail license. Upgrade licenses if it was an upgrade from a retail license maintains the same license freedoms that the original license held, Windows 10 upgrade licenses are the only exception to that rule. OEM licenses however cannot be transferred from hardware to hardware. Upgrades from OEM licenses of course have the same restrictions that the original OEM license had.

However, right now Microsoft is still accepting old licenses of Windows as an upgrade to Windows 10. All you have to do is type in your old key and it will accept it. Why Microsoft is still allowing this I have no idea but my thoughts are is that Windows 10 adoption numbers are so damn low that they need all the help they can get. *Laugh :laugh:

trparky, Apr 30, 2022
Thema:

Upgraded hardware and now now Microsoft Windows

1. Upgraded hardware and now now Microsoft Windows - Similar Threads - Upgraded hardware Microsoft

2. Upgraded hardware and now now Microsoft Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded hardware and now now Microsoft Windows: Ok, I just updated the hardware on my desktop. I was going through everything and noticed an Activate Windows watermark in the lower right corner of my screen. I went through the troubleshooting steps on the website and I received this error "We found a Windows 10 Home...
  3. Upgraded hardware and now now Microsoft Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgraded hardware and now now Microsoft Windows: Ok, I just updated the hardware on my desktop. I was going through everything and noticed an Activate Windows watermark in the lower right corner of my screen. I went through the troubleshooting steps on the website and I received this error "We found a Windows 10 Home...
  4. upgraded hardware windows is now deactivated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    upgraded hardware windows is now deactivated: I upgraded my mobo, ram, and cpu then windows was deactivated i don't have a product key as it was a prebuilt with it preinstalled i tried trouble shooting but It gives me an error and says contact support....
  5. ASUS Laptop now missing hardware

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ASUS Laptop now missing hardware: Hello, I have an ASUS laptop that has been losing hardware. At least, according to device manager. First, my keyboard stopped working except the touchpad. Eventhough it showed that the device is working properly. The keyboard was clearly not working at all. Then, I no...
  6. Upgraded my hardware and now Windows 10 is no longer autenticated

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgraded my hardware and now Windows 10 is no longer autenticated: A while back I did the free upgrade from windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro on my self-built PC. It came with a digital product key that it applied automatically and all was well. Yeaterday, I got some major upgrades to my PC (motherboard, cpu, and ram) so I got things rebuilt...
  7. I upgraded hardware and now windows needs to be activated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I upgraded hardware and now windows needs to be activated: I upgraded my motherboard, it was a z170 motherboard, and I wanted a more modern one. But now after putting the new one In I have the issue of windows needed to be activated. I really don't know what to do about it....
  8. Changed hardware and now windows isn't activated.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Changed hardware and now windows isn't activated.: I've already gone through the built in trouble-shooting and I don't have any other accounts with this version of windows on it. I got my original computer from a friend about four years ago and swapped out everything except for the drives, so you can say I built a new...
  9. Now is possible to upgrade in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Now is possible to upgrade in windows 10?: Hey Guys, I had updated my windows 8 in windows 10 but after some issues my lappi formatted and I came again into windows 8. Now is possible to upgrade in win10 free???...
  10. Upgraded to Windows 10, and now my desktop is now messed up.

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgraded to Windows 10, and now my desktop is now messed up.: I upgraded to windows 10, and after doing so, my desktop would flash and I wouldn't be able to open programs. I could open task manager and open programs through "run". I opened msconfig and disabled the services "Problem Reports and Solutions Control Panel Support" and...