Windows 10: Upgraded hardware, windows 10 Pro RETAIL not activiating

Discus and support Upgraded hardware, windows 10 Pro RETAIL not activiating in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello forum, I've read through many of the posts regarding activation after hardware changes. I replaced everything except hard drives and DVD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by LeebutBaggins, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Upgraded hardware, windows 10 Pro RETAIL not activiating

Hello forum,

I've read through many of the posts regarding activation after hardware changes. I replaced everything except hard drives and DVD writer.
    Despite having a retail channel version upgrade from Windows 7 Pro, activation throws 0xC004C003., which seems to be a key problem, but I checked before upgrading my hardware, and the license was digital, linked to my ID.

I downloaded ShowKeyPlus, which returned (Full keys not revealed):

Windows Product Key Information
    Product Name: Windows 10 Pro
    Product ID: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-AA036
    Installed Key: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-3V66T
    Original Key: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-P23JD
    Original Edition: Windows 7 Professional Retail
    OEM Key: OEM key not present in firmware

I was going to uninstall the key as mentioned in another question: https://winaero.com/blog/how-to-deactivate-windows-10-and-change-the-product-key/

I am unsure which key to reinstall with, the 'Original', or 'Installed' key.

This situation has also deactivated Office 2016, stating that the key has been used too many times. I thought the whole point of linking to MS ID was to avoid this situation.

:)

LeebutBaggins, Nov 5, 2018
  2. Frick Win User

Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Nov 5, 2018
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 5, 2018
  4. _rwhite_ Win User

Upgraded hardware, windows 10 Pro RETAIL not activiating

Windows 8 Pro Retail => Windows 10 Pro (Free upgrade) Fails Activation after hardware change

Hi,

I bought 2 retail licenses (one for my desktop and one for my laptop) for Windows 8 several years ago and upgraded to Windows 10 (via the free upgrade). Recently I had to change some hardware (motherboard) and I get the following error code when trying to
    activate Windows: 0xC004C003.

I have tried the following, all of which have failed.

1. Troubeshoot -> I recently changed hardware on this device (I can only see my Laptop License and not my desktop)
    2. Provided the Installation ID (via phone helpdesk) on two occasions.
    First help desk technician suggested I buy a new Windows License and the second suggested I reinstall and use Windows 8. Both suggestions from help desk are ridiculous.

How do I proceed without having to:

1. Pay for a license I should technically already have
    2. Downgrade back to Windows 8 (loose time / data)

_rwhite_, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

Upgraded hardware, windows 10 Pro RETAIL not activiating

1. Upgraded hardware, windows 10 Pro RETAIL not activiating - Similar Threads - Upgraded hardware Pro

2. Cannot transfer retail windows 10 pro license to new hardware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot transfer retail windows 10 pro license to new hardware: Hi, I upgraded the my PC hardware motherboard/cpu/ram/harddrive I installed Windows 10 Pro and now cannot active. The troubleshooter does nothing and the 'I changed hardware on this device' also fails to find my license. I am logged in with the same account as the previous...
  3. Can a retail Version of Windows 10 pro Retail. Upgrade a Windows 7 pro OEM?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can a retail Version of Windows 10 pro Retail. Upgrade a Windows 7 pro OEM?: Because the recent windows 10 update my computer became unusable. I couldn't access the computer because the sign in prompt disappeared and trying to do an update rollback or repair or recovery through safe mode failed. So I had to reinstall my old windows 7 pro just...
  4. is it possible to upgrade windows from 10 pro OEM to 10 pro retail

is it possible to upgrade windows from 10 pro OEM to 10 pro retail: Hi, I just bought a new PC yesterday with windows 10 pro OEM. Is it possible to upgrade it to windows 10 pro retail? OEM to retail is the only change I want to do. Since it's a new PC which did not arrive from the store yet, I don't care if data will be lost. I DON'T have a...
  5. i want to activiate windows 10 pro

i want to activiate windows 10 pro: how I activate windows 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-activiate-windows-10-pro/8324dfd7-51c4-4f73-b557-da81b4636ab6"
  6. Upgrade Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail

Upgrade Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail: I have Windows 10 Pro Retail license previously in my old PC (own build) and now I bought a new Dell PC with Windows 10 Home OEM installed. How can I upgrade Windows 10 Home OEM in the Dell PC with Windows 10 Pro license from another PC? I don't use the old PC (own build)...
  7. Activiation problems after a hardware change

Activiation problems after a hardware change: Hi So I changed my motherboard etc on my desktop, and unfortunately forgot to generate a digital license. However now I have been struggling for weeks to activate my old windows product key. I have tried using the virtual bot for help but it clearly doesn't know what the...
  8. Windows 10 activiation

Windows 10 activiation: Hello. I got an issue. I installed Windows 10 on my friends computer because in the previous version of Windows he had a virus. Im trying to activate windows on this computer with the windows 7 license key but I keep getting an error . It says...
  9. Windows 10 Upgraded to Retail?

Windows 10 Upgraded to Retail?: I bought an 8.1 Home from WalMart so it's a retail package. Upgraded and loving it. However I am curious if I was to go back to Linux and virtualize windows 10 how would that work? I don't want to go through a whole reinstall process if it won't work and I'd have to go back...
  10. Windows 7 Pro Retail upgrades to Windows 10 Pro OEM?!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 Pro Retail upgrades to Windows 10 Pro OEM?!: Hello, I current have Windows 7 Pro SP1 64 bit installed from a Retail (not OEM) copy. If I read the tutorials correctly, I understand that if I install the free upgrade to Windows 10, there is no product key and it is tied to my hardware. Even if I create install media,...