Windows 10: Upgraded hardware. Windows 10 won't recognize my digital license from last install....

Discus and support Upgraded hardware. Windows 10 won't recognize my digital license from last install.... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently changed my mother board. In 2016 I upgraded my windows from 7 to 10 using the free update they offered. My Microsoft account WAS connected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CesarSalgado, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Upgraded hardware. Windows 10 won't recognize my digital license from last install....

I recently changed my mother board. In 2016 I upgraded my windows from 7 to 10 using the free update they offered. My Microsoft account WAS connected prior to the hardware change so as stated by Microsoft I should only need my account to activate my old version. I used the media creater to get windows 10 on my usb and installed it that way.It was Windows 10 pro 64 bit BEFORE AND AFTER my hardware update After signing in to my Microsoft account windows will not recognize my old code/account the troubleshooter gives me error C004C003, the troubleshooter had a button that said "i changed my hardware" clicking through it and selecting my device simply said it could not be done and to try again later. I DO NOT HAVE THE OLD WINDOWS 7 CODE FROM OVER 4 YEARS AGO

:)

CesarSalgado, Jul 25, 2018
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Jul 25, 2018
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jul 25, 2018
  4. r.h.p Win User

Upgraded hardware. Windows 10 won't recognize my digital license from last install....

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

Upgraded hardware. Windows 10 won't recognize my digital license from last install....

1. Upgraded hardware. Windows 10 won't recognize my digital license from last install.... - Similar Threads - Upgraded hardware won't

2. Unactivated windows 10 won't recognize digital license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unactivated windows 10 won't recognize digital license: Hello, I have an unactivated Windows 10 on my PC. I bought Windows 10/11 on the Microsoft website not a 3rd party seller and as I understand it I should have a digital license connected to my Microsoft account. When I check the activation settings, it seems as if I haven't...
  3. Unactivated windows 10 won't recognize digital license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unactivated windows 10 won't recognize digital license: Hello, I have an unactivated Windows 10 on my PC. I bought Windows 10/11 on the Microsoft website not a 3rd party seller and as I understand it I should have a digital license connected to my Microsoft account. When I check the activation settings, it seems as if I haven't...
  4. Unactivated windows 10 won't recognize digital license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Upgraded Windows 11 Home From Windows 10 Home And Failed to recognize the Digital License....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded Windows 11 Home From Windows 10 Home And Failed to recognize the Digital License....: At first i did upgrade from windows 10 to windows 11 after i installed windows 10 in my new pc where the digital license autometically activate my windows 10,then it seems fine which the windows 11 home is already activated. However because of some hardware problem, i...
  6. Upgraded Windows 11 Home From Windows 10 Home And Failed to recognize the Digital License....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgraded Windows 11 Home From Windows 10 Home And Failed to recognize the Digital License....: At first i did upgrade from windows 10 to windows 11 after i installed windows 10 in my new pc where the digital license autometically activate my windows 10,then it seems fine which the windows 11 home is already activated. However because of some hardware problem, i...
  7. win10 reactivation won't recognize my digital license

win10 reactivation won't recognize my digital license: hi all I rebuilt my desktop PC with new components because everything in it was 8 years old and couldn't keep up. Before the rebuild I had a perfectly good copy of Windows 10 Pro that I got via the Win7 to Win 10 upgrade offer and it is tied to my account so the digital...
  8. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Digital License No Hardware Change

Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Digital License No Hardware Change: Hi, I recently upgraded to windows 10 Pro from Home. I purchased the digital license through the Microsoft store. Immediately following the installation windows would not activate. There has been no hardware change and I am getting error code 0x803F7001....
  9. Windows 10 digital license and upgrading my computer's hardware

Windows 10 digital license and upgrading my computer's hardware: Hi! I upgraded to windows 10 from windows 8 which I had an original copy of. I am looking to upgrade my computer's CPU and motherboard. Will I be able to use the current version of windows that I have and if yes, is there a limit to how many upgrades I can do to my PC?...
  10. Installing a digital license after hardware change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing a digital license after hardware change: Hi all, I was hoping to double check with the wisdom of the interwebs if my understanding of the re-install process is right before I do something I can't undo. Essentially my PC has become very unstable, with the CPU dying a long painful death (painful for me anyways)....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 wont recognize digital license

2. changed ssd windows 10 wont recognise my digital key

3. node lock license doesnt recognise after motherboard replacement

4. wont recognize my digital license,
  5. upgraded cpu and windows doesnt recognise,
  6. windows doesnt recognise my digital license