Windows 10: upgraded hardware windows is now deactivated

Discus and support upgraded hardware windows is now deactivated in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I upgraded my mobo, ram, and cpu then windows was deactivated i don't have a product key as it was a prebuilt with it preinstalled i tried trouble... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by joedvorak1235, Mar 1, 2021.

1. upgraded hardware windows is now deactivated

I upgraded my mobo, ram, and cpu then windows was deactivated i don't have a product key as it was a prebuilt with it preinstalled i tried trouble shooting but It gives me an error and says contact support.

:)

joedvorak1235, Mar 1, 2021
  2. JM_906 Win User

Windows deactivated after hardware upgrade.

I recently upgraded my CPU and Motherboard, and now my copy of Windows 10 Pro is no longer activated. I already followed the steps on here, Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change.

None of the steps seemed to work, as I'm still getting error code 0xC004C003 and the troubleshooter is failing. I do not have a product key code, as this PC had windows 8.1 pre-installed and then I did the free upgrade.

JM_906, Mar 1, 2021
  3. lse123 Win User
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool said all OK and continued OK with upgrade... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all OK for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?
    and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

lse123, Mar 1, 2021
  4. Nordic Win User

upgraded hardware windows is now deactivated

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

upgraded hardware windows is now deactivated

1. upgraded hardware windows is now deactivated - Similar Threads - upgraded hardware deactivated

2. upgraded my cpu, now windows is deactivated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    upgraded my cpu, now windows is deactivated: Hi all, I upgraded my cpu yesterday from a ryzen 1700 to a ryzen 5800, and now windows has deactivated itself. I've tried the troubleshooter but it doesn't work, saying that because my windows is on two different machines same pc, different cpu, my digital license is now...
  3. Windows deactivated after hardware change.

Windows deactivated after hardware change.: Hi. My windows has deactivated after I replaced most of my computer and I never had a digital license. I brought my computer second hand so windows was already installed and activated. I have tried the activation troubleshooter and it didn't fix my issue. I don't have the...
  4. Windows Deactivated Due to "Hardware Change"

Windows Deactivated Due to "Hardware Change": Windows was deactivated because I plugged in an old hard drive that had an installation of Windows in it so I could extract some old data. I set the boot order to ensure that I had the correct drive to boot my new drive to the system, but it didn't boot correctly. Powered...
  5. Re-installed windows, now it's deactivated

Re-installed windows, now it's deactivated: Pretty much as the title says. I re-installed windows because it didn't work, and now it's not activated anymore. I tried using the get help app and it came really close to working but then told me to call them or ask the forums, so here I am. How do I get windows activated...
  6. Intermittent Windows 10 deactivation after cloning hard drive and upgrading hardware

Intermittent Windows 10 deactivation after cloning hard drive and upgrading hardware: I recently built a new computer and cloned my old hard drive to a new hard drive. I have intermittently been seeing a "Activate Windows" prompt which sometimes disappears after restarting. When I try to reactivate Windows 10, it fails, and then I select the option stating...
  7. I upgraded hardware and now windows needs to be activated

I upgraded hardware and now windows needs to be activated: I upgraded my motherboard, it was a z170 motherboard, and I wanted a more modern one. But now after putting the new one In I have the issue of windows needed to be activated. I really don't know what to do about it....
  8. Upgraded from Home to Pro and now my Windows is deactivated

Upgraded from Home to Pro and now my Windows is deactivated: Hey There, I have recently upgraded my machine from Home to Pro edition.. (Paid AUD$169 :O) and now my windows is showing a watermark at bottom-right corner "Activate Windows"!! Why?! My operating system is legit and I bought upgrade from the Microsoft store. Looking...
  9. Windows Deactivation After Recent Hardware Upgrade

Windows Deactivation After Recent Hardware Upgrade: So i bought a prebuilt PC about a year ago, and recently decided to upgrade it because the hardware was outdated for the games i play. I upgraded my motherboard, cpu, and ram. When i first booted i had a blue screen (which is irrelevant because it was a bad app) so i decided...
  10. Windows deactivated after hardware upgrade.

Windows deactivated after hardware upgrade.: I recently upgraded my CPU and Motherboard, and now my copy of Windows 10 Pro is no longer activated. I already followed the steps on here, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change. None of the steps seemed to work, as I'm...