Windows 10: upgraded hardware windows is now deactivated

Discus and support upgraded hardware windows is now deactivated in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I upgraded my mobo, ram, and cpu then windows was deactivated i don't have a product key as it was a prebuilt with it preinstalled i tried trouble... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by joedvorak1235, Mar 1, 2021.

1. upgraded hardware windows is now deactivated

I upgraded my mobo, ram, and cpu then windows was deactivated i don't have a product key as it was a prebuilt with it preinstalled i tried trouble shooting but It gives me an error and says contact support.

:)

joedvorak1235, Mar 1, 2021
  2. JM_906 Win User

Windows deactivated after hardware upgrade.

I recently upgraded my CPU and Motherboard, and now my copy of Windows 10 Pro is no longer activated. I already followed the steps on here, Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change.

None of the steps seemed to work, as I'm still getting error code 0xC004C003 and the troubleshooter is failing. I do not have a product key code, as this PC had windows 8.1 pre-installed and then I did the free upgrade.

JM_906, Mar 1, 2021
  3. lse123 Win User
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool said all OK and continued OK with upgrade... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all OK for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?
    and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

lse123, Mar 1, 2021
  4. Nordic Win User

upgraded hardware windows is now deactivated

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

upgraded hardware windows is now deactivated

1. upgraded hardware windows is now deactivated - Similar Threads - upgraded hardware deactivated

2. Upgraded hardware and now now Microsoft Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgraded hardware and now now Microsoft Windows: Ok, I just updated the hardware on my desktop. I was going through everything and noticed an Activate Windows watermark in the lower right corner of my screen. I went through the troubleshooting steps on the website and I received this error "We found a Windows 10 Home...
  3. Upgraded hardware and now now Microsoft Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded hardware and now now Microsoft Windows: Ok, I just updated the hardware on my desktop. I was going through everything and noticed an Activate Windows watermark in the lower right corner of my screen. I went through the troubleshooting steps on the website and I received this error "We found a Windows 10 Home...
  4. Upgraded hardware and now now Microsoft Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Upgraded motherboard. Reactivated. Now deactivated again???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded motherboard. Reactivated. Now deactivated again???: I upgraded my motherboard and CPU. It's giving me the "We can't activate Windows on this device" issue.Did the whole troubleshooting, "I changed hardware on this device recently". Then took a while since it kept giving me the "We can't reactivate Windows as our servers aren't...
  6. Upgraded motherboard. Reactivated. Now deactivated again???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgraded motherboard. Reactivated. Now deactivated again???: I upgraded my motherboard and CPU. It's giving me the "We can't activate Windows on this device" issue.Did the whole troubleshooting, "I changed hardware on this device recently". Then took a while since it kept giving me the "We can't reactivate Windows as our servers aren't...
  7. Upgraded motherboard. Reactivated. Now deactivated again???

8. upgraded my cpu, now windows is deactivated

upgraded my cpu, now windows is deactivated: Hi all, I upgraded my cpu yesterday from a ryzen 1700 to a ryzen 5800, and now windows has deactivated itself. I've tried the troubleshooter but it doesn't work, saying that because my windows is on two different machines same pc, different cpu, my digital license is now...
  9. Windows Deactivation After Recent Hardware Upgrade

Windows Deactivation After Recent Hardware Upgrade: So i bought a prebuilt PC about a year ago, and recently decided to upgrade it because the hardware was outdated for the games i play. I upgraded my motherboard, cpu, and ram. When i first booted i had a blue screen (which is irrelevant because it was a bad app) so i decided...
  10. Windows deactivated after hardware upgrade.

Windows deactivated after hardware upgrade.: I recently upgraded my CPU and Motherboard, and now my copy of Windows 10 Pro is no longer activated. I already followed the steps on here, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change. None of the steps seemed to work, as I'm...