Windows 10: Upgraded Home to Pro, but Windows instead installed Enterprise Edition

Discus and support Upgraded Home to Pro, but Windows instead installed Enterprise Edition in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is there a way to fix this and have it switch to the correct edition? I got it through the app built into Windows 10 too and I don't know why it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mr. Okapi, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Mr. Okapi Win User

Upgraded Home to Pro, but Windows instead installed Enterprise Edition

Is there a way to fix this and have it switch to the correct edition? I got it through the app built into Windows 10 too and I don't know why it decided to switch to enterprise.

:)

Mr. Okapi, Sep 23, 2019
  2. PB1976 Win User

Windows 10 Enterprise, instead of PRO

Hi Stefano,

That is the way I created my USB device. The thing is that there was no mention of an Enterprise version in the menu, only Home / Pro and Education. So weird I ended up with Enterprise instead.

PB1976, Sep 23, 2019
  3. Downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to Pro

Hello,

I need to downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro.

1. I had windows 8.1 home and upgraded to windows 10 home, using the media creation tool 1809.
    2. After windows 10 home installation , I went to Settings > Updates and Security > Activation > Go to Microsoft Store. Bought Windows 10 Pro, but instead of Install I did upgrade to workstation.
    So now I have Windows 10 Enterprise and I can't activate it, which is normal, cause I bought windows 10 Pro and not Enterprise.

How can I downgrade it to Windows 10 Pro?

Thank you in advance.

LeonidasLangouranis, Sep 23, 2019
  4. Upgraded Home to Pro, but Windows instead installed Enterprise Edition

Win7 Ultimate to Enterprise

Change Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 7 Enterprise | HackAAPL: Hacking Apple Products

i dunno it works or not, i found it *Roll :roll:*Roll :roll:

micropage7, Sep 23, 2019
Thema:

Upgraded Home to Pro, but Windows instead installed Enterprise Edition

1. Upgraded Home to Pro, but Windows instead installed Enterprise Edition - Similar Threads - Upgraded Home Pro

2. Windows 11 Home clean installed instead of Pro edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home clean installed instead of Pro edition: Hi ya'll,I just did a clean install on the same computer that I upgraded to Pro from. After install, it is now Win 11 Home. The purchase history in my account shows I purchased it BUT, unlike all the Microsoft claims on how to get the key by email confirmation, I have that...
  3. Windows 11 Home clean installed instead of Pro edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Home clean installed instead of Pro edition: Hi ya'll,I just did a clean install on the same computer that I upgraded to Pro from. After install, it is now Win 11 Home. The purchase history in my account shows I purchased it BUT, unlike all the Microsoft claims on how to get the key by email confirmation, I have that...
  4. Windows 10 upgrade from Home to Professional, but Enterprise installed instead. Why?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 upgrade from Home to Professional, but Enterprise installed instead. Why?: Ok, I wonder if anyone can help! I just tried to upgrade by Windows 10 Home edition to Windows 10 Professional via the Windows Store. The transaction went through OK and I have a bill from MS confirming the purchase of Windows 10 Pro. However Windows 10 Enterprise now appears...
  5. Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro got Enterprise instead

Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro got Enterprise instead: I went through the Microsoft store to upgrade my Windows 10 Home systems to Pro but I've had two of them upgrade to Windows 10 Enterprise and are asking for activation. I never selected Enterprise wasn't an option how do I get the Windows 10 Pro key that I ordered installed?...
  6. Upgraded edition to from Home to Windows 10 Pro, now Enterprise installed and not activated

Upgraded edition to from Home to Windows 10 Pro, now Enterprise installed and not activated: Hi, I was having Windows 10 Home version on my laptop and I upgraded it and bought Windows 10 Pro edition, through Microsoft Store. My payment was successful. But, after the Windows has upgraded and restarted, I have activation issues because now edition is Enterprise even...
  7. Windows 10 Home upgrades to Windows 10 Enterprise instead of to Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home upgrades to Windows 10 Enterprise instead of to Pro: I ran into an odd thing today. Have been upgrading Windows 10 Home computers to Windows 10 Pro. I made use of the upgrade option provided in the Microsoft Store paying the C$ 130. Two of the computers showed Windows 10 Enterprise after the upgrade was done. The problem is...
  8. Upgraded 4 PC's from Home to Pro. Two upgraded fine. Two upgraded to "Enterprise" instead...

Upgraded 4 PC's from Home to Pro. Two upgraded fine. Two upgraded to "Enterprise" instead...: I recently purchased Windows Pro on four PC's ($99 upgrade through the Store). Upon reboot, two of the computers upgraded to Pro and activated just fine. However, the other two now show that they are running Windows 10 Enterprise and they fail to activate, saying the previous...
  9. Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead.: Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi/6d21d6d7-1500-4458-b69f-3ee07b1f66c0
  10. Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead.

Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead.: Hi, I recently bought the Windows 10 Pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store for my laptop with Windows 10 Home installed. After the payment is finished, I got a notification to restart my laptop. When it is booted on, I checked the Settings > Activation page and instead of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i just bought the upgrade for windows 10 pro. after installation the version that i have now is windows 10 enterprise instead