Windows 10: Upgraded HP/ Compaq Presario CQ62-215 laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Now battery will...

Discus and support Upgraded HP/ Compaq Presario CQ62-215 laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Now battery will... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've tried many solutions posted on the net to no avail. Tested the laptop without a battery, just the power supply it works so the power supply is ok.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Xterra50, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Upgraded HP/ Compaq Presario CQ62-215 laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Now battery will...

I've tried many solutions posted on the net to no avail. Tested the laptop without a battery, just the power supply it works so the power supply is ok. Installed a new battery, nothing, no charging. Tried a second power supply too. Used Control Panel and uninstalled all battery related settings which reinstalled on bootup, no charging. Held the power key down for a minute without a battery, put the battery back in and still no charging.

Oh, and HP shows no Bios updates of any kind too. I can't think of what else to do. Any ideas what else I can try?

Thanks very much.

edit:typo

submitted by /u/Xterra50
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Xterra50, Nov 10, 2019
  2. majo2018 Win User

My laptop Compaq Presario CQ56 with windows 7 cannot connect to the wifi

My laptop Compaq Presario CQ56 with windows 7 cannot connect to the wifi.Would appreciate help. thank you

majo2018, Nov 10, 2019
  3. Win 10 Upgrade-Battery no Longer Charges

Compaq Laptop CQ62 Presario working perfectly with Win 8.1 OS. The moment the machine upgraded to Win 10, battery no longer would charge and is now totally dead. I know that this is an issue judging by the chatter on Google.

One of the supposed "solutions" is to pull the AC power cord and run on the battery etc etc. ; however, this is a little difficult when the battery is kaput. Clearly this must be a Win10 software issue that no one at Microsoft seems to be concerned with.
    HP Customer Forum does have it listed as an issue but with no solution to date. Just wondering if any other upgraders are suffering similar problems.

Laptop runs on AC but just will not charge the battery.

Pocket Rocket, Nov 10, 2019
  4. Upgraded HP/ Compaq Presario CQ62-215 laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Now battery will...

I tried to install Win10 Ver 1903 but its stuck downloading 0% for the last 18 hours. I have a Compaq Presario CQ62-410US laptop.

I tried to install Win10 Ver 1903 but its stuck downloading 0% for the last 18 hours. I have a Compaq Presario CQ62-410US laptop.

There is no error code unless I try to run the troubleshooter where I get msg: A problem is preventing the troubleshooter from

starting 0X80096005. Anyone with an idea? Thanks.

HenrySikora, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

Upgraded HP/ Compaq Presario CQ62-215 laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Now battery will...

1. Upgraded HP/ Compaq Presario CQ62-215 laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Now battery will... - Similar Threads - Upgraded Compaq Presario

2. Compaq presario Q56 problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Compaq presario Q56 problems: so here is the problem I have a Compaq Presario q56 laptop that has windows 7 and it stays on the orange bootup screen for 40 minutes then it takes me to the boot menu and when i click on startup it loads up then it shuts down can anyone try to help me i used a windows 7...
  3. Compaq presario Q56 problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Compaq presario Q56 problems: so here is the problem I have a Compaq Presario q56 laptop that has windows 7 and it stays on the orange bootup screen for 40 minutes then it takes me to the boot menu and when i click on startup it loads up then it shuts down can anyone try to help me i used a windows 7...
  4. Compaq Presario PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Compaq Presario PC: Hi PC community! I have the Compaq Presario sr5610f with a swapped Hp Compaq dx2450 Mi motherboard, and when I first booted up the Pc it said, NVIDIA Boot Agent 249.0542Copyright C 2001-2005 NVIDIA CorporationCopyright C 1997-2000 Intel CorporationPXE-E61: Media test failure,...
  5. Compaq Presario PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Compaq Presario PC: Hi PC community! I have the Compaq Presario sr5610f with a swapped Hp Compaq dx2450 Mi motherboard, and when I first booted up the Pc it said, NVIDIA Boot Agent 249.0542Copyright C 2001-2005 NVIDIA CorporationCopyright C 1997-2000 Intel CorporationPXE-E61: Media test failure,...
  6. Compaq Presario PC

7. My father's Compaq Presario C700 did not turn on

My father's Compaq Presario C700 did not turn on: Hi. I am Shashwat Mishra here. I have some issues about my father's old computer Compaq Presario C700 that runs Windows 7 professional. Then I tried to turn on the computer, then it boots automatically, and then shuts down. What to do next???...
  8. New in box HP Compaq Presario.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New in box HP Compaq Presario.: I found in the box HP Compaq Presario SR1000.Not worth 5 dollars but it smells brand new. I want to run it but the HD is ruined. I have one old enough to connect. Will not boot into windows. I think it is running,. or looking for 32 to boot to,. I have 64. Specks say it is 64...
  9. OpenGL on Windows 10 Compaq Presario

OpenGL on Windows 10 Compaq Presario: I am trying to enable my computer to use OpenGL. Here are my computer stats: [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opengl-on-windows-10-compaq-presario/3d7cad24-6249-442c-ae38-3d6205ce5915
  10. compaq Presario CQ56

compaq Presario CQ56: How can I find out which version of CQ56 I have? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/compaq-presario-cq56/1bc85211-ca7e-4947-9cad-c57110975f89

Users found this page by searching for:

1. presario cq56 battery plugged in not charging after update win 10