Windows 10: Upgraded internal SSD, having several issues

Discus and support Upgraded internal SSD, having several issues in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi all,I recently upgraded my laptop's internal SSD from a 256 GB one to a 1 TB one. I created a system image using Macrium Reflect.After I swapped the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by FinnO1, Jan 24, 2022.

1. FinnO1 Win User

Upgraded internal SSD, having several issues

Hi all,I recently upgraded my laptop's internal SSD from a 256 GB one to a 1 TB one. I created a system image using Macrium Reflect.After I swapped the SSD, I discovered that my disk was partitioned such that the partition with the operating system on it, C:, was almost full, and all the new space was unallocated.I created a new partition and moved all my files to it, but this hasn't solved the problem because I use many large apps that have to be on the same partition as the OS. My laptop is having several issues, including slow startup times, general lagginess, etc. which I am pretty sure ar

:)

FinnO1, Jan 24, 2022

2. SOLD: WD Blue M.2 1TB Internal SSD

WD Blue M.2 1TB Internal SSD Solid State Drive - SATA 6Gb/s - WDS100T1B0B

• Bare SSD in good condition. PRICE: $SOLD @ HardForum
    Upgraded internal SSD, having several issues eIWI6Hf.png

**PRICES ARE OBO- please PM me if my prices are off or you have an offer.**

PAYMENT: PayPal, USPS Money Order or Cash (Local)
    TRADES: Only thing I need is ROG STRIX Z370-I GAMING

Spoiler: SOLD ON TPU ASUS ROG STRIX Z270I GAMING Motherboard

• I am upgrading to an 8700K so this motherboard is for sale. In great condition- comes with retail box and pretty much all of the accessories. Never skipped a beat and was able to run my 7700K @ 5 GHZ with no issues. PRICE: $SOLD TO sneekypeet
      @ TPU
    Upgraded internal SSD, having several issues 8Q7cg3Fh.png

Upgraded internal SSD, having several issues 1V6zkWe.png

Volkswagen, Jan 24, 2022
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 24, 2022
  4. Upgraded internal SSD, having several issues

Upgrading Internal HDD to SSD

I have a Toshiba Satelite S855 with an internal HDD that I am upgrading to an SSD. The HDD is already running windows 10 from the free upgrade opportunity. Once installed, I want to be booting from the new SSD and the HDD will be a storage drive replacing
    the CD bay. I want to do a clean wipe on the HDD.

What would be the best way to ensure that the SSD ends up with windows 10? I've been given a multitude of answers from people but nobody seems to be confident. I've been told to clone the drives then simply wipe the HDD. I've also been told that I should be
    able to wipe the HDD, install the SSD in the C drive, and then simply install windows 10 from a USB media device. This is the first time I've done something like this so I just want to be sure in my ways.

So would either of those options work correctly? And if not, how should this be done?

Thanks!

CharlieBoehm, Jan 24, 2022
Thema:

Upgraded internal SSD, having several issues

1. Upgraded internal SSD, having several issues - Similar Threads - Upgraded internal SSD

2. Internal HDD having some issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internal HDD having some issues: Roughly a month ago I bought a PC second hand. Before buying it it appeared to run just fine and it continued to do so once I had it set up at my place. The computer came with 2 hard drives, a 256GB SSD and a 1TB HDD. Upon starting to download some software and other items I...
  3. Internal HDD having some issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal HDD having some issues: Roughly a month ago I bought a PC second hand. Before buying it it appeared to run just fine and it continued to do so once I had it set up at my place. The computer came with 2 hard drives, a 256GB SSD and a 1TB HDD. Upon starting to download some software and other items I...
  4. Internal HDD having some issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Internal SSD causing issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal SSD causing issues: I recently installed windows on a different ssd from my old one. When I would take the Old SSD out, windows 10 would not boot. I connected it back via a USB cable and it works now but if I unplug it, It freezes until I plug it back in. When I plug it back in, It gives me a...
  6. Internal SSD causing issues

Internal SSD causing issues: I recently installed windows on a different ssd from my old one. When I would take the Old SSD out, windows 10 would not boot. I connected it back via a USB cable and it works now but if I unplug it, It freezes until I plug it back in. When I plug it back in, It gives me a...
  7. Internal SSD causing issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Upgraded internal SSD, having several issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Upgraded internal SSD, having several issues: Hi all,I recently upgraded my laptop's internal SSD from a 256 GB one to a 1 TB one. I created a system image using Macrium Reflect.After I swapped the SSD, I discovered that my disk was partitioned such that the partition with the operating system on it, C:, was almost full,...
  9. Upgraded internal SSD, having several issues

Upgraded internal SSD, having several issues: Hi all,I recently upgraded my laptop's internal SSD from a 256 GB one to a 1 TB one. I created a system image using Macrium Reflect.After I swapped the SSD, I discovered that my disk was partitioned such that the partition with the operating system on it, C:, was almost full,...
  10. Having several problems with ssd upgrade (OS and allocating)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having several problems with ssd upgrade (OS and allocating): Hello! So I’m trying to upgrade a computer from a 750 gb hdd to a 1tb ssd. I’ve already cloned it and the ssd is compatible. I’ve gone through BIOS to change the boot drive to the SSD, but while still keeping the old HDD connected as well. So I’m not fully sure if it’s...