Windows 10: Upgraded laptop from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro. Now it keeps saying "locking" and it turns off.

Discus and support Upgraded laptop from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro. Now it keeps saying "locking" and it turns off. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I updated my windows with the Win 10 upgrade tool. Upgraded successfully and it keeps saying "locking" and it turns off. Any idea what the issue is?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/aolsux00, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Upgraded laptop from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro. Now it keeps saying "locking" and it turns off.

So I updated my windows with the Win 10 upgrade tool. Upgraded successfully and it keeps saying "locking" and it turns off. Any idea what the issue is? It keeps doing it over and over again.

Its also much slower.

Asus laptop, 4th gen i7 quad core, 8gb ram. Should be the newest version of Win 10

submitted by /u/aolsux00
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/aolsux00, Jan 21, 2021

2. upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

I have several times tried to upgrade my desktop (dual boot Win XP and Win 7 Pro) to Win 10 Pro using the downloaded ISO file, and keep my personal files and apps. It runs about 36 hours then fails. How can I make this upgrade? If not using the ISO file
    is there another method to accomplish this ??

Thanks for suggestions.

DonaldJaneway, Jan 21, 2021
  3. Megahertz Win User
    Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro doesn't Activate

I found a solution to upgrade my Sony laptop from Win 7 pro to Win 10 Pro.
    As I described on the first post a upgrade from running Win 7 didn't work.
    So I followed Brink tutorial Clean Install Windows 10 without having to Upgrade First
    SIW2 suggested gatherosstate dance on post #8 but I didn't understand what he meant.
    From running Win 7 Pro I generated a GenuineTicket.xml using gatherosstate.exe tool.
    Then I did a Win 10 Pro Clean install on a blank SSD drive and used the GenuineTicket.xml generated under Win 7 Pro and it Activated Win 10 Pro just installed.
    Now I have a Win 10 Pro license on the M$ servers to the Sony laptop and I can do a upgrade from Win 7 Pro that it will activate.

Megahertz, Jan 21, 2021
  4. Upgraded laptop from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro. Now it keeps saying "locking" and it turns off.

Win 7 Pro and want to upgrade to Win 10; Stuck at 76%

*Original Title: Win 7 Pro and want to upgrade to Win 10

I have Win 7 Pro and want to upgrade to Win 10. Get gets all the way to 76% complete on the 3rd stage and says it can't make the upgrade and then reloads my Win 7 pro. What can I do to get Win 10?

WayneWilliams1945, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

Upgraded laptop from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro. Now it keeps saying "locking" and it turns off.

1. Upgraded laptop from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro. Now it keeps saying "locking" and it turns off. - Similar Threads - Upgraded laptop Pro

2. Switching from win 7 pro to win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching from win 7 pro to win 10 pro: I've been using windows 7 for 5 years now and I got a message from Microsoft saying windows 7 pc's are not in support anymore and I need to get a new pc. Of course I don't have the money for it so please tell me how to upgrade windows 7 pc to windows 10...
  3. How is the Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro upgrade process?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How is the Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro upgrade process?: Typically I do a fresh version of windows with a new PC build. That being said Win 7 is out of date and I might do the upgrade for security reasons. My concern is around doing the upgrade and having everything land back in exactly the same place its in now. For example I have...
  4. I recently upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I recently upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro.: I recently upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro. Now EaseUS PartitionMaster Pro V7.01 brings up an alarm User Account Control and the app will not run....
  5. upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: I have several times tried to upgrade my desktop dual boot Win XP and Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro using the downloaded ISO file, and keep my personal files and apps. It runs about 36 hours then fails. How can I make this upgrade? If not using the ISO file is there another...
  6. win 7 pro win 10 pro

win 7 pro win 10 pro: how do I upgrade from win 7 to win 10? I have product key for 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-pro-win-10-pro/931e1125-6737-4bec-821b-26fd3cc64bac
  7. Upgrade a win 7 pro system to win 10 pro

Upgrade a win 7 pro system to win 10 pro: I want to upgrade a Win 7 pro system to Win 10 pro. I want to do an upgrade and NOT a clean install. My question: Can I use the commercial version (available from computer stores) of win 10 to upgrade the win 7 system and use the license key that I assume comes with...
  8. Going from Win 7 pro to Win 10 pro

Going from Win 7 pro to Win 10 pro: Using FREE to paid 3d parties, what is your suggestions to be able to reinstall my current programs running with Win 7 pro, to win 10 pro Some programs, such as iTunes, I find tricky to re-set-up if upgraded, or moved--This, for sure is not an Apple question, but I have...
  9. Upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

Upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: I purchased an upgrade to Win 10 Pro from a Microsoft certified seller. The problem I'm having is the upgrade keeps hanging up around 80% install. I'm running an MSI motherboard MSI Z975SSLI Krait Edition (MS 7922) 64 bit Intel core i5-4690 3.5 Ghz 38 GB memory. Can...
  10. Need to upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

Need to upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: My first PC I upgraded did not upgrade to Pro. So I want to download the media for Pro, and upgrade with it. When I go to the MS site to download, it does not offer me a selection of versions to download. Can anyone suggest where to find the Pro Win 10 download, or a...