Windows 10: Upgraded laptop ram

Discus and support Upgraded laptop ram in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; New ram for a laptopHi folks.I have a HP laptop that originally had 8 gb ram and I just upgraded the amount to 16 dual channel.Both the original and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Denismihail, Oct 5, 2022.

1. Upgraded laptop ram

New ram for a laptopHi folks.I have a HP laptop that originally had 8 gb ram and I just upgraded the amount to 16 dual channel.Both the original and new ram sticks were kingston with 2666 mhz.My problem is that whenever I try booting up the laptop it always freezes on a frame with the HP logo loading.Found a workaround by first accesing the BIOS page when booting up,exiting the page will let the pc load properly without any issues.I know this isnt the way how its supposed to work out, Ill also mention that the Task Manager does detect all the 16 gb of ram,but says that only 6 are usable,the

:)

Denismihail, Oct 5, 2022

2. Video card or RAM need upgrading?

Memtest: no errors after 10 hrs.
    I'm going to perform the Primetest, later on. Get back to you on that.
    I'm going to take it step by step, guys. I need to find the problem with this current computer. I might have to upgrade some components, so that it is still runnable. As for the new one, yes....i will build on it later. I need to find something decent 'gaming experience', all suggestions appreciated. THanks.

itsmeitsme, Oct 5, 2022
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 5, 2022
  4. Upgraded laptop ram

Ram Upgrade

My laptop is a HP ProBook 4540s with 4 GB RAM installed. My question is

What is the largest amount of Ram I can upgrade it to? Should I add a 4GB chip or have it removed to install 1 8GB chip?

Is there a large cost difference? I am running the latest version of Windows 10 Pro.

• Standard
      • DDR3 PC3-10600 SDRAM (1333 MHz)
        Two SODIMM slots supporting dual-channel memory.
        2GB and 4GB SODIMMs
    • Maximum
      • Upgradeable to 8192MB with optional 4096MB SODIMMs in slots 1 and 2.
    • Dual-channel
      • Maximized dual-channel performance requires SODIMMs of the same size and speed in both memory slots.

JPickett63, Oct 5, 2022
Thema:

Upgraded laptop ram

1. Upgraded laptop ram - Similar Threads - Upgraded laptop ram

2. Upgraded laptop ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded laptop ram: New ram for a laptopHi folks.I have a HP laptop that originally had 8 gb ram and I just upgraded the amount to 16 dual channel.Both the original and new ram sticks were kingston with 2666 mhz.My problem is that whenever I try booting up the laptop it always freezes on a frame...
  3. Laptop RAM upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop RAM upgrade: Okay I'm just giving broad strokes here for a general idea. I am trying to upgrade a fellow classmates gateway laptop from 4GB to at least 8GB. It has 2 slot max capacity of the board and it currently has a single 4GB stick in. The board caps out at 16GB of RAM at least...
  4. Laptop RAM upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop RAM upgrade: Okay I'm just giving broad strokes here for a general idea. I am trying to upgrade a fellow classmates gateway laptop from 4GB to at least 8GB. It has 2 slot max capacity of the board and it currently has a single 4GB stick in. The board caps out at 16GB of RAM at least...
  5. Laptop RAM upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Laptop Slow after Ram Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Slow after Ram Upgrade: Hello! after upgrading my laptops ram from 8gb to 16gb it started running slower, i tried reinstalling the 8gb stick, like the way it was before, it got better but in games i kept having a lot of stuttering, i tried running a memtest but it said that everything was okayI have...
  7. Laptop Slow after Ram Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop Slow after Ram Upgrade: Hello! after upgrading my laptops ram from 8gb to 16gb it started running slower, i tried reinstalling the 8gb stick, like the way it was before, it got better but in games i kept having a lot of stuttering, i tried running a memtest but it said that everything was okayI have...
  8. Laptop Slow after Ram Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Ram upgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ram upgrade: Hi, I owe a Asus tuff fx505GD laptop which has 8gb ram and i would like to add another 8gb in total but im not sure how to buy a new ram stick that is compatible to my laptop. Could someone help me out here !! submitted by /u/rex_divakar [link] [comments]...
  10. RAM Upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAM Upgrade: I have an XPS 8930 I bought directly from Dell., Windows 10 Pro x64-based system with 64GB of RAM. i7-8700K@3.70GHz 3696Mhz. I would like to add addtional RAM According to Dell this computer is maxed out and will not support any additional RAM. Is this true? Can anyone...