Windows 10: upgraded MBD CPU and RAM, windows was activated prior, won't activate now.

Discus and support upgraded MBD CPU and RAM, windows was activated prior, won't activate now. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I upgraded MBD CPU and RAM.Windows was activated prior, I checked and double checked to have right email.I reinstalled on a new hard drive and now I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TimBobo1, Jul 6, 2021.

1. TimBobo1 Win User

upgraded MBD CPU and RAM, windows was activated prior, won't activate now.

I upgraded MBD CPU and RAM.Windows was activated prior, I checked and double checked to have right email.I reinstalled on a new hard drive and now I can't get it to activate.I used the troubleshooter as instructed and chose the computer I had activated prior and said I was using that machine now, and still won't activate.there is no person I can talk to it seems so I need help to figure out how to get activated with new hardware and installation.

:)

TimBobo1, Jul 6, 2021
  2. mshimala Win User

Windows saying not activated after motherboard upgrade

Hi,

I recently upgraded some PC parts (new motherboard, RAM, processor, video card) and ever since then I have a watermark in the bottom right of my display reading "Activate Windows - Go to Settings to activate Windows."

I took advantage of the free upgrade to Windows 10 back when they were allowing Windows 8 users to upgrade to Windows 10. I don't remember receiving an activation key during this upgrade.

I've read online that installing a new motherboard can occasionally cause issues with OS activation. How can I reactivate my Windows without having to purchase Windows 10.

Some things to note:
    • This watermark was not there prior to installing the new motherboard
    • As some places (and a Microsoft Tech Support member) suggested, typing the query "wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey" into CMD just returns with "OA3xOriginalProductKey". The Microsoft Support member seemed confused by this and said there was nothing further she could do.

Thanks!

mshimala, Jul 6, 2021
  3. activating windows 10

I have just had a Mother board CPU and RAM replacement done.

I have gone through all the steps to reactivate Windows as per the help.

This was a digital upgrade from 7 Pro-10Pro

Change Product Key to the default etc.

still will not activate.

any suggestions?

TerryWiegand, Jul 6, 2021
  4. upgraded MBD CPU and RAM, windows was activated prior, won't activate now.

got activated problem, After upgrade MB, CPU and RAM, please help !

1. What exactly do you mean by mean by, "upgrade MB, CPU and RAM"?

I have buy new MB, CPU and RAM on my computer.

2. How exactly did you deactivate Windows 10?

I have deactivate Win10 on my old computer. and following page

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/deactivate-uninstall-windows-product-key

3. What happens when you try to activate Windows 10?

after deactivate Win10, I have install new MB, CPU and RAM on my computer.

when I activate Win10 again, I got error message

"Activation failed because this device doesn't have a valid digital entitlement or product key. Error code: 0x803F7001"

Note: I am using Win10 64-bits and upgrade from Win7.

[Mr. Compman], Jul 6, 2021
Thema:

upgraded MBD CPU and RAM, windows was activated prior, won't activate now.

1. upgraded MBD CPU and RAM, windows was activated prior, won't activate now. - Similar Threads - upgraded MBD CPU

2. Windows 11 Pro upgrade prior to activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro upgrade prior to activation: I downloaded and installed Windows 11 Pro after making a Purchase of Windows 11 Home. I became aware of my error while trying to activate the product.Is the a method to purchase a Pro upgrade without an activated Home version?...
  3. Windows 11 Pro upgrade prior to activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro upgrade prior to activation: I downloaded and installed Windows 11 Pro after making a Purchase of Windows 11 Home. I became aware of my error while trying to activate the product.Is the a method to purchase a Pro upgrade without an activated Home version?...
  4. Windows won't activate after changing motherboard/CPU/RAM + windows reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't activate after changing motherboard/CPU/RAM + windows reinstall: So i literally just changed my hardware, reinstalled windows and won't activate.Last time i activated windows was with the Free windows 7 - 10 free upgrade, 6 years ago - So im left at a loss.How do i get Microsoft to allow my windows to get activated again?...
  5. Upgraded Motherboard, CPU, and RAM and now my windows de-activated itself

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgraded Motherboard, CPU, and RAM and now my windows de-activated itself: Today i upgraded my motherboard to an ASROCK B450 Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, and Vengence LPX 2x8 GIG RAM, and after updating the BIOS my windows de-activated. Ive tried every troubleshooting method it had availible to me and just said to try again later. I am getting the error...
  6. activate ram upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    activate ram upgrade: I just installed an additional 4GB on my Inspiron 570..How do I ensure windows 10 is using it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activate-ram-upgrade/f0820db4-10b9-49bd-a65c-a3a5e3c1395a
  7. Windows wrongfully upgraded to Enterprise and now won't activate

Windows wrongfully upgraded to Enterprise and now won't activate: I recently upgraded my computer to 1809 via a clean-install, which installed Windows 10 Home as that was what my device came with. Since I had previously purchased the Windows 10 Pro Upgrade via the Windows Store, I upgraded but after the restart Windows failed to activate...
  8. Windows Won't Activate After MotherBoard, CPU, and RAM change.

Windows Won't Activate After MotherBoard, CPU, and RAM change.: First off, I had to reinstall windows after it (almost) booted to a blue screen after the hardware change, figured that would happen so no big surprise. Got to the troubleshoot screen and reinstalled or whatever its called from there. Works great, except windows doesn't want...
  9. WINDOWS WAS ACTIVATED PRIOR TO UPDATE

WINDOWS WAS ACTIVATED PRIOR TO UPDATE: HEY THERE, I RECENTLY UPGRADED MY WINDOWS 10 AND NOW THE ACTIVATION SCREEN WONT LOAD OR OPEN UP! SO MY PREVIOUSLY ACTIVATED WINDOWS IS NOW "NOT ACTIVATED" AND THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT IT! SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP.....
  10. Changed Motherboard CPU and Ram windows is now not activated

Changed Motherboard CPU and Ram windows is now not activated: Hi I have been running an retail windows 10 pro on this PC for years which has been activated from new. I have just Changed Motherboard CPU and Ram and now windows is NOT activated nor can I activate it. I checked my MS account and it shows I have 2 devices both the same...