Windows 10: Upgraded Microsoft10 from 7, FIles are gone.

Discus and support Upgraded Microsoft10 from 7, FIles are gone. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just downloaded 10 and installed. All my browser bookmarks, photos, etc are gone. I looked at windows.old in File Explorer under my user folder and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Route53SF, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Route53SF Win User

Upgraded Microsoft10 from 7, FIles are gone.

I just downloaded 10 and installed. All my browser bookmarks, photos, etc are gone. I looked at windows.old in File Explorer under my user folder and it is not there. Any thoughts?

:)

Route53SF, Jul 13, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows Enterprise 7. All documents & Pictures gone and all files saved to desktop gone

Original title: upgrade lost documents and Desktop files

Upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows Enterprise 7. All documents & Pictures gone and all files saved to desktop gone. Searched for Windows.old but file not found. I sure hope somebody has some help

Kaskae Wright, Jul 13, 2020
  4. hdjx Win User

files have gone

I MOVED a directory from one W2K PC to another. However, the target PC (which has a backup unit on it and thus the point of the move) crashed halfway through the move and I had to reboot. I then decided that I needed to sort out why the PC crashed and MOVED the directory back again.

However, in the process, most of the files have disappeared! What I don't understand is why the original files were deleted if they were not copied over.

As far as I can see, the files have gone for good. Is there any hope? Friend suggest Data Recovery Wizard, can I try that?

Thema:

1. Upgraded Microsoft10 from 7, FIles are gone. - Similar Threads - Upgraded Microsoft10 FIles

2. Upgrade from windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from windows 7: I have windows 7 and would like to upgrade. I am on the Microsoft web page and click the blue buttons Check for Upgrade and Check for compatability but nothing happens. What am i missing?...
  3. Upgrading from Win 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from Win 7: Hello. I am trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 or 11. I get to the download tool and when I try to open it, I get an error code. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-from-win-7/33a030e5-ec18-4d25-8168-f0f73e62b8e3
  4. Upgrading from Win 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading from Win 7: Hello. I am trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 or 11. I get to the download tool and when I try to open it, I get an error code. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-from-win-7/33a030e5-ec18-4d25-8168-f0f73e62b8e3
  5. Upgrade from 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from 7 to 10: I bought a new computer with Windows 7 and the right to upgrade to Windows 10. I did not want to upgrade because my 7 was working fine. Now I want to upgrade.When I just now tried to use Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor to see if I could do the upgrade, it said it was "unable to...
  6. Upgrade from 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade from 7 to 10: I bought a new computer with Windows 7 and the right to upgrade to Windows 10. I did not want to upgrade because my 7 was working fine. Now I want to upgrade.When I just now tried to use Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor to see if I could do the upgrade, it said it was "unable to...
  7. microsoft10

microsoft10: I cannot access microsoft at all --no 'start' (not very computer literate) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft10/bebb3345-2aef-4a02-8c65-66e7f382c886
  8. Upgraded from Win 7

Upgraded from Win 7: I upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7 via the free upgrade a few years ago. Do I need to keep my original Win 7 installation disks & Product key? 131586
  9. Having trouble initialising microsoft10.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Having trouble initialising microsoft10.: trying to get clearance to set up microsoft 10 on my new laptop. Any guidance please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-trouble-initialising-microsoft10/cc049f8a-bd15-408d-b662-094e74f43e8b"
  10. Microsoft10 update

Microsoft10 update: I was shutting down my computer and an update started downloading, It got up to 100% with the comment "please wait". I waited 3 days and still the message "please wait". I tried hitting the esc key, the return key, backspace key, ctrl, alt and windows with all combinations...