Windows 10: upgraded mother board and cant activate windows 10 now

Discus and support upgraded mother board and cant activate windows 10 now in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my motherboard and cpu and when i did this it changed my version of windows from pro to enterprise. I can't figure out how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by therocketfish, Oct 1, 2020.

1. upgraded mother board and cant activate windows 10 now

I recently upgraded my motherboard and cpu and when i did this it changed my version of windows from pro to enterprise. I can't figure out how to downgrade back to pro and get my license to work. I have no option to even buy a new license for it.

:)

therocketfish, Oct 1, 2020
  2. bulbrand Win User

new mother board windows not activate

mother board replaced need activation code for windows 10

bulbrand, Oct 1, 2020
  3. Upgrading a Mother board

I have a question regarding mother board upgrade, do i have to reinstall windows if i upgrade my mother board MSI b250m pro-vh to a motherboard that support 8th and 9th gen motherboard?

FadhlanAclamuf, Oct 1, 2020
  4. upgraded mother board and cant activate windows 10 now

Activation issue after mother board is replaced

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Based on your description, you have changed mother board on your system. Be informed that any hardware changes e.g. mother board will lead to activation issue, since the activation key is injected in the motherboard. If you want to activate Windows
    10 you need to install previous Windows version and activate the Windows and upgrade to Windows 10 again.

Hope it helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

upgraded mother board and cant activate windows 10 now

1. upgraded mother board and cant activate windows 10 now - Similar Threads - upgraded mother board

2. Can't activate Windows 10 after mother board change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't activate Windows 10 after mother board change: i had to change out my motherboard and i can't activate Windows 10 after mother board change. can i move the key to the new motherboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-activate-windows-10-after-mother-board-change/74c1b20f-91bd-478d-b101-03a29dbf3266
  3. Can't activate Windows 10 after mother board change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't activate Windows 10 after mother board change: i had to change out my motherboard and i can't activate Windows 10 after mother board change. can i move the key to the new motherboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-activate-windows-10-after-mother-board-change/74c1b20f-91bd-478d-b101-03a29dbf3266
  4. Activation Windows After change mother board

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation Windows After change mother board: I changed my motherboard and after it, I can't activate my windows.I already try to troubleshooting and select the key linked with my e-mail, but it doesn't work.The message error is: We can't reactivate windows on this device. Try later....
  5. Activation Windows After change mother board

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation Windows After change mother board: I changed my motherboard and after it, I can't activate my windows.I already try to troubleshooting and select the key linked with my e-mail, but it doesn't work.The message error is: We can't reactivate windows on this device. Try later....
  6. Mother Board

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mother Board: I've seen a few articals that have said the 200 series chip set isn't compatible with the 300 series. But what I don't understand is how it isn't compatible. I have a Asus Rog Maximus IX Hero Mother Board and it's made for the 200 series. Why can't I just install the proper...
  7. Upgrading a Mother board

Upgrading a Mother board: I have a question regarding mother board upgrade, do i have to reinstall windows if i upgrade my mother board MSI b250m pro-vh to a motherboard that support 8th and 9th gen motherboard?...
  8. Upgrading to a new mother board

Upgrading to a new mother board: I purchased a prebuilt gaming PC.. I am going to be upgrading to a RTX 2080ti and adding more ram to it. eventually I am going to Dual 2080ti but my motherboard only supports 1 video card ASUS Prime B450. I am going to purchase a new mother board that supports multiple GPU's....
  9. new mother board windows not activate

new mother board windows not activate: mother board replaced need activation code for windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-mother-board-windows-not-activate/2beec7a1-fd69-4132-9246-f5543d98a055"
  10. Changed mother board cant activate windows

Changed mother board cant activate windows: I had the mother board changed and I am unable to activate windows. the sticker with my product key is partially torn and I cant use that. How do I get windows activated....