Windows 10: Upgraded motherboard - Activate Windows 10

Discus and support Upgraded motherboard - Activate Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey! I recently upgraded my motherboard because it fried. Now I am trying to activate Windows 10 and it gives a fault code: 0xC004F211. I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Prixu, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Prixu Win User

Upgraded motherboard - Activate Windows 10

Hey!

I recently upgraded my motherboard because it fried.

Now I am trying to activate Windows 10 and it gives a fault code: 0xC004F211. I can't activate Windows from the computer settings, it wont let me. I got the free upgrade from Windows 7. I found my digital license key with ShowKeyPlus and now it gives fault code: 0x803FA067.

Is there anything I can do? I wouldn't want to buy new one.

:)

Prixu, Jan 10, 2020
  2. mshimala Win User

Windows saying not activated after motherboard upgrade

Hi,

I recently upgraded some PC parts (new motherboard, RAM, processor, video card) and ever since then I have a watermark in the bottom right of my display reading "Activate Windows - Go to Settings to activate Windows."

I took advantage of the free upgrade to Windows 10 back when they were allowing Windows 8 users to upgrade to Windows 10. I don't remember receiving an activation key during this upgrade.

I've read online that installing a new motherboard can occasionally cause issues with OS activation. How can I reactivate my Windows without having to purchase Windows 10.

Some things to note:
    • This watermark was not there prior to installing the new motherboard
    • As some places (and a Microsoft Tech Support member) suggested, typing the query "wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey" into CMD just returns with "OA3xOriginalProductKey". The Microsoft Support member seemed confused by this and said there was nothing further she could do.

Thanks!

mshimala, Jan 10, 2020
  3. Windows 10 and upgrading motherboard

Hi,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

The only hardware changes that can negatively impact activation status once you upgrade to free version are the changes to the:

• CPU
    • TPM
    • Motherboard replacement
    The following changes are examples of hardware changes that will NOT impact the activation status:

• HDD/SSD
    • Video card
    • Adding extra memory
    Let us follow the steps suggested by Andre Da Costa (replied
    on July 26, 2015) in the following thread:

Will Upgrading Motherboard After Upgrading To Windows 10 Make Me Lose My Windows License?

Will Upgrading Motherboard After Upgrading To Windows 10 Make Me Lose My Windows License?

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Jan 10, 2020
  4. skippy258 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Upgraded motherboard - Activate Windows 10 [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Upgraded motherboard - Activate Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Upgraded motherboard Activate

2. Windows 10 Not activating after Motherboard Upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Not activating after Motherboard Upgrade: Hi there, I've seen a couple of posts but i havn't had any luck with the solutions, I upgraded my motherboard and CPU yesterday and since booting my PC windows has had this annoying watermark in the bottom right of my screen. I built this PC in 2017 and i'm not sure i...
  3. Windows 10 wont activate after motherboard upgrade

Windows 10 wont activate after motherboard upgrade: Hi, Just looking for some help as I just replaced my motherboard on my pc and now I’m being asked to re-activate my windows 10 pro.. I have tried the troubleshooter and re-entering the windows 10 product key but keep getting the activation error 0x004f074 message. Please...
  4. Upgraded Motherboard Windows 10 not activated

Upgraded Motherboard Windows 10 not activated: I recently upgraded my motherboard and now my windows 10 is no longer active. It says I have the product ID and product key when i go into my activation settings but even when i troubleshoot it it says there's an issue activating my windows. The error I receive is 0xC004F025....
  5. Motherboard Upgraded: Windows wont activate.

Motherboard Upgraded: Windows wont activate.: Upgraded to an ASUS Gaming Edge Z390, got these messages. It's a retail license, as the last screenshot shows. I've already made a thread for this, but the helpers stopped responding because I took so long.[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  6. Motherboard Upgrade Windows Activation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Motherboard Upgrade Windows Activation: Im upgrading the motherboard for my computer very soon, and I am worried I may loose my windows activation. I have windows activated but no longer have the key. Is there anyway I can safe gaurd against loosing the activation?...
  7. Activating windows 10 after motherboard upgrade

Activating windows 10 after motherboard upgrade: Having some trouble activating windows 10 after installing a new motherboard. Since I upgraded from windows 7 to 10 awhile back, I have a digital license instead of a product key. I know normally having an OEM version wouldn't allow me to have windows 10 between...
  8. Windows 10 not activating after processor and motherboard upgrades

Windows 10 not activating after processor and motherboard upgrades: hi! need help since suddenly my copy of windows 10 cannot activates on my pc, recently I just upgraded my processor and motherboard. I have a retail windows 10 license upgraded from my windows 8.1 license. the new device appears on my Microsoft account but windows 10 refuses...
  9. Windows Activation after motherboard upgrade

Windows Activation after motherboard upgrade: Hello, when i bought my pc i bought a physical windows key. After some time it disappeared and i had to chat with support for them to give me another because the key randomly vanished. Now i changed my motherboard and it says i need to activate my windows. I've tried...
  10. WIndows 10 activation after motherboard upgrade

WIndows 10 activation after motherboard upgrade: Hi, I have just upgraded my motherboard and have to re-activate windows. When I select the device via the troubleshooter I get the message that I can't reactivate. Looking at my Microsoft account I can see that the machine is listed twice (once for each motherboard). Do I...