Windows 10: Upgraded Motherboard and CPU now Windows 10 tells me to Activate Windows

Discus and support Upgraded Motherboard and CPU now Windows 10 tells me to Activate Windows in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Since upgrading I am being told to activate my windows, I purchased a USB stick from a professional PC store called Centrecom loaded with Windows 10,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RhysT, Apr 25, 2019.

1. RhysT Win User

Upgraded Motherboard and CPU now Windows 10 tells me to Activate Windows

Since upgrading I am being told to activate my windows, I purchased a USB stick from a professional PC store called Centrecom loaded with Windows 10, have never had an issue. How can I resolve this?

:)

RhysT, Apr 25, 2019
  2. K_Kang Win User

Windows activation fails after upgrading CPU and motherboard

Hello,

I get an error message trying to re-confirm Windows 10 activation after upgrading motherboard and CPU. Error message that came was: "Unable to activate Windows. We can't reactivate Windows as our servers aren't available right now. Wait for a few minutes
    or try adding your Microsoft account again. Learn more".

This is now the second day in a row that it does not work.

Have you seen the same, and if yes, any suggestions for a fix?

Background:

-I was following the process recommended by Microsoft Support for the activation after motherboard and CPU upgrade.

-Before upgrade I had perfectly activated win 10.

BR,

K_Kang, Apr 25, 2019
  3. Windows 10 and upgrading motherboard

Hi,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

The only hardware changes that can negatively impact activation status once you upgrade to free version are the changes to the:

• CPU
    • TPM
    • Motherboard replacement
    The following changes are examples of hardware changes that will NOT impact the activation status:

• HDD/SSD
    • Video card
    • Adding extra memory
    Let us follow the steps suggested by Andre Da Costa (replied
    on July 26, 2015) in the following thread:

Will Upgrading Motherboard After Upgrading To Windows 10 Make Me Lose My Windows License?

Will Upgrading Motherboard After Upgrading To Windows 10 Make Me Lose My Windows License?

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Apr 25, 2019
  4. skippy258 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Upgraded Motherboard and CPU now Windows 10 tells me to Activate Windows [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Apr 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Upgraded Motherboard and CPU now Windows 10 tells me to Activate Windows - Similar Threads - Upgraded Motherboard CPU

2. I upgraded my CPU and motherboard. Now Windows isn't activated, and the troubleshooter...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I upgraded my CPU and motherboard. Now Windows isn't activated, and the troubleshooter...: Yesterday I did a long overdue upgrade of my pc, and this morning I woke up to find windows not activated. When I went to the activation page in settings and ran the troubleshooter, it says "We can't activate your copy of Windows. Make sure you're connected to the Internet...
  3. Activating Windows after motherboard and cpu upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Windows after motherboard and cpu upgrade: I just upgraded my motherboard and cpu, now windows won't let me activate. I have a digital license tied to my microsoft account but it won't let me install and activate with the new motherboard and cpu. I bought the license retail a long time ago and it was upgraded to...
  4. Activating Windows after motherboard and cpu upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating Windows after motherboard and cpu upgrade: I just upgraded my motherboard and cpu, now windows won't let me activate. I have a digital license tied to my microsoft account but it won't let me install and activate with the new motherboard and cpu. I bought the license retail a long time ago and it was upgraded to...
  5. Activating Windows after motherboard and cpu upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 10 wont activate after upgrading CPU & Motherboard

Windows 10 wont activate after upgrading CPU & Motherboard: Hello, I had just upgraded my PC yesterday, and now I need to re-active windows. I originally had bought a full retail version of Windows 8.1 and was upgraded free to Windows 10. When I go to input my Windows 8.1 code it pops up with error code 0x803f7001 and is saying I...
  7. Upgraded Motherboard, CPU, and RAM and now my windows de-activated itself

Upgraded Motherboard, CPU, and RAM and now my windows de-activated itself: Today i upgraded my motherboard to an ASROCK B450 Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, and Vengence LPX 2x8 GIG RAM, and after updating the BIOS my windows de-activated. Ive tried every troubleshooting method it had availible to me and just said to try again later. I am getting the error...
  8. Upgrading motherboard and CPU windows 10

Upgrading motherboard and CPU windows 10: I have installed Windows Ten on older PC with both new and used drives, all is well but I want to upgrade the motherboard , CPU and RAM and don't want to loose my OEM license...
  9. Windows 10 CPU/Motherboard upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 CPU/Motherboard upgrade: I am planning to upgrade my CPU and Motherboard + RAM type ddr3 > ddr4. i have linked my digital license to my Microsoft account. I'm wondering if my PC will boot into Windows and if there is any additional activation or re-installation i must do....
  10. Changed Motherboard CPU and Ram windows is now not activated

Changed Motherboard CPU and Ram windows is now not activated: Hi I have been running an retail windows 10 pro on this PC for years which has been activated from new. I have just Changed Motherboard CPU and Ram and now windows is NOT activated nor can I activate it. I checked my MS account and it shows I have 2 devices both the same...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. upgraded cpu now windows isnt activated

2. upgraded motherboard and processor and now i cant activate windows