Windows 10: Upgraded Motherboard, CPU, and RAM and now my windows de-activated itself

Discus and support Upgraded Motherboard, CPU, and RAM and now my windows de-activated itself in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Today i upgraded my motherboard to an ASROCK B450 Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, and Vengence LPX 2x8 GIG RAM, and after updating the BIOS my windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BrianLefforge, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Upgraded Motherboard, CPU, and RAM and now my windows de-activated itself

Today i upgraded my motherboard to an ASROCK B450 Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, and Vengence LPX 2x8 GIG RAM, and after updating the BIOS my windows de-activated. Ive tried every troubleshooting method it had availible to me and just said to try again later. I am getting the error code: 0xC004F025, along with it saying in the troubleshoot menu,"We found a Windows 10 Home digital license for this device running Windows 10 Pro. To activate using this digital license, you need to install Windows 10 Home." I dont know if this is a scam from microsoft trying to get me to buy windows or not but some help would be useful. Try not to link me to things saying to "just troubleshoot", becuase ive tried it all. Thanks

:)

BrianLefforge, Dec 30, 2019
  2. K_Kang Win User

Windows activation fails after upgrading CPU and motherboard

Hello,

I get an error message trying to re-confirm Windows 10 activation after upgrading motherboard and CPU. Error message that came was: "Unable to activate Windows. We can't reactivate Windows as our servers aren't available right now. Wait for a few minutes
    or try adding your Microsoft account again. Learn more".

This is now the second day in a row that it does not work.

Have you seen the same, and if yes, any suggestions for a fix?

Background:

-I was following the process recommended by Microsoft Support for the activation after motherboard and CPU upgrade.

-Before upgrade I had perfectly activated win 10.

BR,

K_Kang, Dec 30, 2019
  3. mshimala Win User
    Windows saying not activated after motherboard upgrade

Hi,

I recently upgraded some PC parts (new motherboard, RAM, processor, video card) and ever since then I have a watermark in the bottom right of my display reading "Activate Windows - Go to Settings to activate Windows."

I took advantage of the free upgrade to Windows 10 back when they were allowing Windows 8 users to upgrade to Windows 10. I don't remember receiving an activation key during this upgrade.

I've read online that installing a new motherboard can occasionally cause issues with OS activation. How can I reactivate my Windows without having to purchase Windows 10.

Some things to note:
    • This watermark was not there prior to installing the new motherboard
    • As some places (and a Microsoft Tech Support member) suggested, typing the query "wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey" into CMD just returns with "OA3xOriginalProductKey". The Microsoft Support member seemed confused by this and said there was nothing further she could do.

Thanks!

mshimala, Dec 30, 2019
  4. Upgraded Motherboard, CPU, and RAM and now my windows de-activated itself

Windows 10 and upgrading motherboard

Hi,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

The only hardware changes that can negatively impact activation status once you upgrade to free version are the changes to the:

• CPU
    • TPM
    • Motherboard replacement
    The following changes are examples of hardware changes that will NOT impact the activation status:

• HDD/SSD
    • Video card
    • Adding extra memory
    Let us follow the steps suggested by Andre Da Costa (replied
    on July 26, 2015) in the following thread:

Will Upgrading Motherboard After Upgrading To Windows 10 Make Me Lose My Windows License?

Will Upgrading Motherboard After Upgrading To Windows 10 Make Me Lose My Windows License?

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Dec 30, 2019
Thema:

Upgraded Motherboard, CPU, and RAM and now my windows de-activated itself

1. Upgraded Motherboard, CPU, and RAM and now my windows de-activated itself - Similar Threads - Upgraded Motherboard CPU

2. I upgraded my CPU and motherboard. Now Windows isn't activated, and the troubleshooter...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I upgraded my CPU and motherboard. Now Windows isn't activated, and the troubleshooter...: Yesterday I did a long overdue upgrade of my pc, and this morning I woke up to find windows not activated. When I went to the activation page in settings and ran the troubleshooter, it says "We can't activate your copy of Windows. Make sure you're connected to the Internet...
  3. I upgraded my CPU and motherboard. Now Windows isn't activated, and the troubleshooter...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I upgraded my CPU and motherboard. Now Windows isn't activated, and the troubleshooter...: Yesterday I did a long overdue upgrade of my pc, and this morning I woke up to find windows not activated. When I went to the activation page in settings and ran the troubleshooter, it says "We can't activate your copy of Windows. Make sure you're connected to the Internet...
  4. I upgraded my CPU and motherboard. Now Windows isn't activated, and the troubleshooter...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Activating Windows after motherboard and cpu upgrade

Activating Windows after motherboard and cpu upgrade: I just upgraded my motherboard and cpu, now windows won't let me activate. I have a digital license tied to my microsoft account but it won't let me install and activate with the new motherboard and cpu. I bought the license retail a long time ago and it was upgraded to...
  6. Activating Windows after motherboard and cpu upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating Windows after motherboard and cpu upgrade: I just upgraded my motherboard and cpu, now windows won't let me activate. I have a digital license tied to my microsoft account but it won't let me install and activate with the new motherboard and cpu. I bought the license retail a long time ago and it was upgraded to...
  7. Activating Windows after motherboard and cpu upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. upgraded MBD CPU and RAM, windows was activated prior, won't activate now.

upgraded MBD CPU and RAM, windows was activated prior, won't activate now.: I upgraded MBD CPU and RAM.Windows was activated prior, I checked and double checked to have right email.I reinstalled on a new hard drive and now I can't get it to activate.I used the troubleshooter as instructed and chose the computer I had activated prior and said I was...
  9. I just installed a new CPU, RAM and motherboard, and now my windows isn't activated?

I just installed a new CPU, RAM and motherboard, and now my windows isn't activated?: I did a free upgrade from 8.1 to 10 so I don't have a product key, but a digital license, but even signing into my computer with my microsoft account which shows has windows 10 pro, it still says I need to activate windows? Help please!lol...
  10. Changed Motherboard CPU and Ram windows is now not activated

Changed Motherboard CPU and Ram windows is now not activated: Hi I have been running an retail windows 10 pro on this PC for years which has been activated from new. I have just Changed Motherboard CPU and Ram and now windows is NOT activated nor can I activate it. I checked my MS account and it shows I have 2 devices both the same...