Windows 10: Upgraded Motherboard + GPU. Was told I had Windows 10 connected to account, now it says it...

Discus and support Upgraded Motherboard + GPU. Was told I had Windows 10 connected to account, now it says it... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hey, so I just upgraded my PC for the first time in a while last one was upgrading to an SSD, in which I also encountered issues with activation, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AidanGrey, Dec 24, 2020.

1. AidanGrey Win User

Upgraded Motherboard + GPU. Was told I had Windows 10 connected to account, now it says it...

Hey, so I just upgraded my PC for the first time in a while last one was upgrading to an SSD, in which I also encountered issues with activation, but this time, I checked and was being told in the "Activation" tab in "Update & Security", that my copy of windows was connected to my account, so I figured I'd have no issues. However, after the upgrade, it is now telling me that Windows is not activated with Error Code: 0x803FA067

Troubleshooting does nothing, same goes for the "Change product key" option. On top of that, I'm getting an error every time I want to use the live chat, so I can only ask for help here. So I hope someone can help me figure out what to do next, used CMD to check my product key before all this too, so I still have the key, it just doesn't appear to do anything now was a Volume License for Windows 10 Pro.

Here are some of my PC's specs let me know if more details are needed:

Motherboard: B450 Tomahawk Max Motherboard

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz

GPU: GTX 970 EVGA

SSD: Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB

:)

AidanGrey, Dec 24, 2020
  2. EarthDog Win User

Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

When trying to search for a driver on that motherboard, it doesn't say Windows 10 on it. My suggestion would be to get a NIC card of some sort that is known to work with the OS (most).

EarthDog, Dec 24, 2020
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Upgraded Motherboard + GPU. Was told I had Windows 10 connected to account, now it says it... :(

Zakin, Dec 24, 2020
  4. mshimala Win User

Upgraded Motherboard + GPU. Was told I had Windows 10 connected to account, now it says it...

Windows saying not activated after motherboard upgrade

Hi,

I recently upgraded some PC parts (new motherboard, RAM, processor, video card) and ever since then I have a watermark in the bottom right of my display reading "Activate Windows - Go to Settings to activate Windows."

I took advantage of the free upgrade to Windows 10 back when they were allowing Windows 8 users to upgrade to Windows 10. I don't remember receiving an activation key during this upgrade.

I've read online that installing a new motherboard can occasionally cause issues with OS activation. How can I reactivate my Windows without having to purchase Windows 10.

Some things to note:
    • This watermark was not there prior to installing the new motherboard
    • As some places (and a Microsoft Tech Support member) suggested, typing the query "wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey" into CMD just returns with "OA3xOriginalProductKey". The Microsoft Support member seemed confused by this and said there was nothing further she could do.

Thanks!

mshimala, Dec 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Upgraded Motherboard + GPU. Was told I had Windows 10 connected to account, now it says it... - Similar Threads - Upgraded Motherboard GPU

2. I removed motherboard and had to reinstall windows, now the product key is not valid...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I removed motherboard and had to reinstall windows, now the product key is not valid...: I removed motherboard and had to reinstall windows, now the product key is not valid anymore and I cannot set updates and desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-removed-motherboard-and-had-to-reinstall-windows/fde867b3-9688-4a04-b277-800eb2710d33
  3. I removed motherboard and had to reinstall windows, now the product key is not valid...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I removed motherboard and had to reinstall windows, now the product key is not valid...: I removed motherboard and had to reinstall windows, now the product key is not valid anymore and I cannot set updates and desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-removed-motherboard-and-had-to-reinstall-windows/fde867b3-9688-4a04-b277-800eb2710d33
  4. Don’t know if my motherboard and gpu connect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Don’t know if my motherboard and gpu connect: So I’m buying a new motherboard and gpu because I want to move my motherboard to a pcie 4.0 so I got a graphics card that was also that but I’ve realised on the gpu it said that it is 16x interface and I tried looking at the motherboard but it doesn’t tell me if it’s a 16x...
  5. I had windows 10 it said end of service agreement Upgraded to windows 10 Pro now says cant...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I had windows 10 it said end of service agreement Upgraded to windows 10 Pro now says cant...: Hi Guys I am not a computer buff, If you please help. I am wracking my brains out here. Windows 10 said it couldn't update because it had finished the service life. I bought the windows 10 pro from Microsoft store.I installed it it said activated even though i never saw a key...
  6. Installed Windows 10 after I had a Linux Distro, Now my GPU isn't recognized. Just Says...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installed Windows 10 after I had a Linux Distro, Now my GPU isn't recognized. Just Says...: Hey Guys, If I check device manager my Display Adapter= Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. I know my Video Card is a NVIDIA Geforce 2080 TI. However, when I install the drivers from NVIDIAs website I get an error "These drivers are incompatible with this version of Windows."...
  7. I updated windows 10, now it says no Internet connection.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I updated windows 10, now it says no Internet connection.: I updated windows 10, now it says no Internet connection. But! I actually do have connection, because I'm making this post. So it sayd connected, but no internet acces. All started after updating Windows. submitted by /u/majoraswrath360 [link] [comments]...
  8. I was told I had to install Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I was told I had to install Windows 10 Pro: I can not get into my computer to turn on BitLocker. Can you help me to get in or how I can install the software to do so? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-was-told-i-had-to-install-windows-10-pro/f45d4296-bf0b-4e75-9bb2-05dbece01f69
  9. Windows saying not activated after motherboard upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows saying not activated after motherboard upgrade: Hi, I recently upgraded some PC parts (new motherboard, RAM, processor, video card) and ever since then I have a watermark in the bottom right of my display reading "Activate Windows - Go to Settings to activate Windows." I took advantage of the free upgrade to Windows...
  10. reserved upgrade, but now it says my GPU is not approved

in Windows 10 Support
    reserved upgrade, but now it says my GPU is not approved: Hi all, I have been running win 10 preview for quite a while now and was looking forward to installing my reserved copy. However, I run the upgrade and get told my on board graphics chips are no longer valid (approved ?) This seems a little perverse given that I have been...