Windows 10: Upgraded my hardware and now Windows 10 is no longer autenticated

Discus and support Upgraded my hardware and now Windows 10 is no longer autenticated in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; A while back I did the free upgrade from windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro on my self-built PC. It came with a digital product key that it applied... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Vulpixy, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Upgraded my hardware and now Windows 10 is no longer autenticated

A while back I did the free upgrade from windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro on my self-built PC. It came with a digital product key that it applied automatically and all was well.

Yeaterday, I got some major upgrades to my PC (motherboard, cpu, and ram) so I got things rebuilt and decided to do a factory reset. Windows 10 pro reinstalled without a hitch but it's asking for a product key. I can see the masked older product key but I can't find the full one to appease my OS. Logging into my Microsoft account during the troubleshoot steps didn't seem to help unfortunately.

I'd rather not go out and buy a new copy when I had everything before I got some upgrades, so what are my options?

submitted by /u/Vulpixy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Vulpixy, Jun 23, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 23, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jun 23, 2020
  4. lse123 Win User

Upgraded my hardware and now Windows 10 is no longer autenticated

is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool said all OK and continued OK with upgrade... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all OK for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?
    and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

lse123, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Upgraded my hardware and now Windows 10 is no longer autenticated

1. Upgraded my hardware and now Windows 10 is no longer autenticated - Similar Threads - Upgraded hardware longer

2. Problem during autentication

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem during autentication: Good morning,In my Win11 home PC I notice a psw is required to open a program, but I don't have a password set.Usually I simply push "OK" since no psw is set.This time i get the error. What can I do?...
  3. Problem during autentication

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem during autentication: Good morning,In my Win11 home PC I notice a psw is required to open a program, but I don't have a password set.Usually I simply push "OK" since no psw is set.This time i get the error. What can I do?...
  4. Upgraded hardware and now now Microsoft Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgraded hardware and now now Microsoft Windows: Ok, I just updated the hardware on my desktop. I was going through everything and noticed an Activate Windows watermark in the lower right corner of my screen. I went through the troubleshooting steps on the website and I received this error "We found a Windows 10 Home...
  5. Upgraded hardware and now now Microsoft Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded hardware and now now Microsoft Windows: Ok, I just updated the hardware on my desktop. I was going through everything and noticed an Activate Windows watermark in the lower right corner of my screen. I went through the troubleshooting steps on the website and I received this error "We found a Windows 10 Home...
  6. Upgraded hardware and now now Microsoft Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. upgraded hardware windows is now deactivated

upgraded hardware windows is now deactivated: I upgraded my mobo, ram, and cpu then windows was deactivated i don't have a product key as it was a prebuilt with it preinstalled i tried trouble shooting but It gives me an error and says contact support....
  8. Windows 10 and upgrading hardware

Windows 10 and upgrading hardware: Hello, I want to upgrade my PC. I'm replacing the motherboard, CPU, RAM, and adding a SSD (M.2). Previously this PC was Windows 7 and I upgraded to Windows 10. From what I understand, replacing the hardware will require Windows 10 to be re-activated. My question is...
  9. i windows 10 disk autenticity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i windows 10 disk autenticity: I have windows 10 disk.got from Amazon.how can verify authenticity Before inserting it into my windows 7 computers.(viruses.malware,etc.) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-windows-10-disk-autenticity/6f1a5451-e4e4-4e77-8fc0-d5c7eb84d985"
  10. I upgraded hardware and now windows needs to be activated

I upgraded hardware and now windows needs to be activated: I upgraded my motherboard, it was a z170 motherboard, and I wanted a more modern one. But now after putting the new one In I have the issue of windows needed to be activated. I really don't know what to do about it....