Windows 10: upgraded my laptop to a new crucial 500gb NVMe m.2 ssd

Discus and support upgraded my laptop to a new crucial 500gb NVMe m.2 ssd in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; HI all so i upgraded my laptops 128GB SSD to a new crucial 500gb NVMe m.2 ssd P2 version, i used Macrium Reflect 7 to Clone my C drive, everything went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tonyb, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Tonyb Win User

upgraded my laptop to a new crucial 500gb NVMe m.2 ssd

HI all so i upgraded my laptops 128GB SSD to a new crucial 500gb NVMe m.2 ssd P2 version, i used Macrium Reflect 7 to Clone my C drive, everything went well, i did have to stop errors the first time i tried to boot from it, but that has resolved it self and has not shown its ugly head again. not sure what that was about, But i do notice its relatively slower coming out of sleep mode now, any reason why and what to look for ? . that's really the only annoyance i see. the original drive was a LITE-ON 128GB model CV8-8E128-HP. other than that everything works a ok, my m.2 slot is duel working with both newer and older m.2 drives made sure before i upgraded.

:)

Tonyb, Nov 4, 2020

2. Clone present nvme pcie ssd to replacement nvme pcie ssd?

I have a 500GB M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe SSD (boot drive) that I want to replace with a higher capacity M.2 card.

Where do I put the new SSD during the NVMe to NVMe cloning process? My mobo only has one M.2 slot for NVMe SSD's so do I want to use an external adapter for one of the M.2 cards? If so, do you have a recommendation?

If you have solved this issue for your desktop or laptop I would like your advice on if and what extra hardware you needed during the cloning.

please remember that I am dealing with PCIe NVMe drives ONLY. NO Sata is involved except possibly for a connecting cable from the desktop to an adapter. I am experienced with cloning SATA III drives but cloning NVMe is a little
    new to me.

Computer: Dell XPS 8920, 32GB ram.

Present SSD: KXG50ZNV512G NVMe Toshiba 512GB

New SSD: CT13049074 Crucial P1 NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD 1TB (or 2TB if available soon) or similar storage device.

Windows 10 Pro for Workstations, version 1809.

Cbarnhorst, Nov 4, 2020
  3. Windows not recognizing new m.2 NVME SSD but shows in BIOS

I purchased a crucial nvme m.2 ssd for my MSI GT73 Titan - It shows in the PCIE section of the BIOS but does not show in disk management - Also does not show up in Crucial's Storage Executive Application.

My BIOS is the latest version.

Any ideas?

RICKDR1973, Nov 4, 2020
  4. upgraded my laptop to a new crucial 500gb NVMe m.2 ssd

How to regain all unallocated space on my New Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drive?

Hello Everyone,

I just now installed a new Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 500GB SSD drive to my system, and cloned all the old information from my old 256GB M.2 SSD to this new one. All went good and my system and Bios sees the New Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 500GB
    SSD and it boots to it and runs just Great.

However.. my new Drive is only using the first 250GB like the old drive was. My new drive has 227.30GB of Unallocated space on it.

How can I us all of the New drive??... Is there a Free utility or Paid or can this simple be done in Windows 10 that will allow me to move the unused "unallocated" portion so I can Us my whole 500GB drive??... I tried both EaseUS and Macrium
    Free ware with no Luck.

I'm running the newest drivers and Windows 10 1809 x64. And as you can probably tell I'm new to this and would GREATLY appreciate a step by step on how to do this.

Thank-You for your Help in Advance.

Leprechaun J, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

upgraded my laptop to a new crucial 500gb NVMe m.2 ssd

1. upgraded my laptop to a new crucial 500gb NVMe m.2 ssd - Similar Threads - upgraded laptop crucial

2. Trouble upgrading nvme m.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble upgrading nvme m.2 SSD: HiI have a Lenovo Yoga 6 13ALC6 AMD Ryzen5 5500Uwith a 256gb nvme m.2 SSD running windows 11 home.I am wanting to swap the 256gb Toshiba SSD for a 1tb Samsung 970 Evo Plus.After initialising the drive in windows disk management I have tried using Samsungs migration tool to...
  3. Trouble upgrading nvme m.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble upgrading nvme m.2 SSD: HiI have a Lenovo Yoga 6 13ALC6 AMD Ryzen5 5500Uwith a 256gb nvme m.2 SSD running windows 11 home.I am wanting to swap the 256gb Toshiba SSD for a 1tb Samsung 970 Evo Plus.After initialising the drive in windows disk management I have tried using Samsungs migration tool to...
  4. Slow M.2 nvme ssd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow M.2 nvme ssd: Hi.I have Lexar NM620 M.2 2280 256GB SSD.Recently when I checked my ssd's read and write speed I noticed a significant performance drop. This is how it used to be a month ago :And this is how it is now :I mean these speeds are not even SATA ssd speeds. Could you help me with...
  5. Slow M.2 nvme ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow M.2 nvme ssd: Hi.I have Lexar NM620 M.2 2280 256GB SSD.Recently when I checked my ssd's read and write speed I noticed a significant performance drop. This is how it used to be a month ago :And this is how it is now :I mean these speeds are not even SATA ssd speeds. Could you help me with...
  6. Slow M.2 nvme ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Upgrade m.2 NVMe 256GB SSD to a larger m.2 NVMe SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade m.2 NVMe 256GB SSD to a larger m.2 NVMe SSD: I have an HP EliteDesk 800 G5 Mini PC and would like to change the boot WD_Black SN720 256GB NVMe m.2 SSD for a WD_Black SN850 500GB NVMe m.2 SSD.There are 2 NVMe M.2 slots and already have installed a WD_Black SN750 1TB NVMe Internal SSD in the second slot as a Data...
  8. Upgrading laptop m.2 SSD with an NVMe drive and have a question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading laptop m.2 SSD with an NVMe drive and have a question: My HP laptop came with a 128GB m.2 SSD that is unfortunately running out of space. I am planning to replace it with a 512GB NVMe drive. I thought about trying to clone the current drive to the new one, but that seems like more work than I'm willing to put in. I'd rather just...
  9. NVMe M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVMe M.2 SSD: Hello, I have the Asus Rog Rampage Extreme Omega motherboard, X299 chipset. Currently, I have the Samsung 970 Pro which is a PCIe 3.0x4. From what I understand my motherboard only supports up to PCIe3.0x4. I also understand that PCIe is backwards compatible. Therefore, if...
  10. Crucial 500gb SSD Momentum cache

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Crucial 500gb SSD Momentum cache: Hi, I have downloaded crucial executive for my SSD and on one page there is a button to enable the drives momentum cache. Also on this page is a warning that my PC is not battery backuped so enabling momentum cache is at my own risk. I backup my SSD to a Hitachi mechanical...