Windows 10: Upgraded my motherboard, now my windows key won't work.

Discus and support Upgraded my motherboard, now my windows key won't work. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; From the digging ive done it does seem that my copy of windows 7 pro was an OEM disk which i later upgraded to windows 10 pro. My only annoyance is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jaregon, Jan 24, 2023.

1. Jaregon Win User

Upgraded my motherboard, now my windows key won't work.

From the digging ive done it does seem that my copy of windows 7 pro was an OEM disk which i later upgraded to windows 10 pro. My only annoyance is before digging into my past purchase I used a different way of checking what type of license I had and it classified it as a retail one for some reason. the one where you open your comand prompt and type "slmgr /dli" which gave me the output below.Unless windows mistook its own product for the wrong type, i don't understand how it can all of a sudden just decide not to keep considering itself a retail license.My only annoyance is my system didn't

:)

Jaregon, Jan 24, 2023
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. My GTX 980ti won`t let me upgrade to Windows 10?

Still says my Nvidia GTX 980Ti won`t work with Windows 10, so I can`t upgrade!!

RichardH754, Jan 24, 2023
  4. Upgraded my motherboard, now my windows key won't work.

Windows 10 and upgrading motherboard

Hi,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

The only hardware changes that can negatively impact activation status once you upgrade to free version are the changes to the:

• CPU
    • TPM
    • Motherboard replacement
    The following changes are examples of hardware changes that will NOT impact the activation status:

• HDD/SSD
    • Video card
    • Adding extra memory
    Let us follow the steps suggested by Andre Da Costa (replied
    on July 26, 2015) in the following thread:

Will Upgrading Motherboard After Upgrading To Windows 10 Make Me Lose My Windows License?

Redirecting

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Jan 24, 2023
Thema:

Upgraded my motherboard, now my windows key won't work.

1. Upgraded my motherboard, now my windows key won't work. - Similar Threads - Upgraded motherboard key

2. my computer upgraded, now brave won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer upgraded, now brave won't work: My computer upgraded. I set it to upgrade and then shut down. When I restarted it Brave would not work. I waited a while and tried it again. It still wouldn't work. I left it and did something else for a couple hours. I tried it again, still won't work.I tried Firefox and it...
  3. my computer upgraded, now brave won't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer upgraded, now brave won't work: My computer upgraded. I set it to upgrade and then shut down. When I restarted it Brave would not work. I waited a while and tried it again. It still wouldn't work. I left it and did something else for a couple hours. I tried it again, still won't work.I tried Firefox and it...
  4. I upgraded my PC Motherboard and processor and now my windows is reporting not activated.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I upgraded my PC Motherboard and processor and now my windows is reporting not activated.: Is there a way I can reactivate this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-upgraded-my-pc-motherboard-and-processor-and-now/b68ef459-b850-4525-9683-ee96defefd90
  5. I upgraded my PC Motherboard and processor and now my windows is reporting not activated.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I upgraded my PC Motherboard and processor and now my windows is reporting not activated.: Is there a way I can reactivate this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-upgraded-my-pc-motherboard-and-processor-and-now/b68ef459-b850-4525-9683-ee96defefd90
  6. Upgraded my motherboard, now my windows key won't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded my motherboard, now my windows key won't work.: From the digging ive done it does seem that my copy of windows 7 pro was an OEM disk which i later upgraded to windows 10 pro. My only annoyance is before digging into my past purchase I used a different way of checking what type of license I had and it classified it as a...
  7. Upgraded my motherboard, now my windows key won't work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgraded my motherboard, now my windows key won't work.: From the digging ive done it does seem that my copy of windows 7 pro was an OEM disk which i later upgraded to windows 10 pro. My only annoyance is before digging into my past purchase I used a different way of checking what type of license I had and it classified it as a...
  8. Upgraded my motherboard, now my windows activation is invalid.

Upgraded my motherboard, now my windows activation is invalid.: I just finished upgrading my PC by installing a new motherboard. Everything was going fine, up until I restarted my PC to finish updating some software. I get back to my home screen and see that I have a Windows 10 Activation watermark, despite the fact that I purchased a key...
  9. upgrading my motherboard

upgrading my motherboard: I am planning to upgrade my motherboard so what are the steps i should make to transfer my windows licence https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-my-motherboard/9a115438-ea7e-4f0c-a0f0-266b945809da"
  10. Just upgraded Win 10 to 14393; now \/ key won't work.

in Windows 10 Support
    Just upgraded Win 10 to 14393; now \/ key won't work.: Well, that's as close as I can get. I mean, the key between C and B. Cap or small it will not show. Oh, wait . . . "V" copied and pasted from Character Map (so ctrl-v works). I suspect a conflict with a windows shortcut but can't pin it down. Any advice? 59388