Windows 10: Upgraded my PC, not sure how to go about activating windows.

Discus and support Upgraded my PC, not sure how to go about activating windows. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So I upgraded my PC, but the issue is, is that i'm re-using the same windows 10 that was in my old one, so whenever I try to activate, it tells me that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Ash TP, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Ash TP Win User

Upgraded my PC, not sure how to go about activating windows.

So I upgraded my PC, but the issue is, is that i'm re-using the same windows 10 that was in my old one, so whenever I try to activate, it tells me that another PC is running the same windows as my old one, yet my new one has it. How would I go about trying to activate it?

:)

Ash TP, Mar 14, 2020

2. Activating Windows 10 after upgrade

Hi Varghese,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I would like to inform that as you are using an Genuine Windows 7 in your system,
    Windows 10 will automatically be activated online and create a digital entitlement for your device.

If you still face issues with Activation after upgrading to Windows 10, suggest you to activate the Operating System through phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope the information is helpful. Do get back to us for any other assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 14, 2020
  3. Blayke Win User
    Windows 10 Wont Activate after upgrade

I had used the mediacreationtool to upgrade my pc. Will waiting 24 hours still work with it?

Blayke, Mar 14, 2020
  4. skippy258 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Upgraded my PC, not sure how to go about activating windows. [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Upgraded my PC, not sure how to go about activating windows. - Similar Threads - Upgraded sure activating

2. Upgrading motherboard and CPU how do I go about transferring Windows11 to upgraded PC? My...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading motherboard and CPU how do I go about transferring Windows11 to upgraded PC? My...: Upgrades:Old B550M- New B550AMD 3600 - AMD 5600Using everything else as well as the SSD. I'm also planning on formatting my SSD. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-motherboard-and-cpu-how-do-i-go-about/a0cf5dec-83be-4e11-b3a5-96cebd4ab70d
  3. Upgrading motherboard and CPU how do I go about transferring Windows11 to upgraded PC? My...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading motherboard and CPU how do I go about transferring Windows11 to upgraded PC? My...: Upgrades:Old B550M- New B550AMD 3600 - AMD 5600Using everything else as well as the SSD. I'm also planning on formatting my SSD. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-motherboard-and-cpu-how-do-i-go-about/a0cf5dec-83be-4e11-b3a5-96cebd4ab70d
  4. Frequent BSOD. Not sure how to go about fixing it

Frequent BSOD. Not sure how to go about fixing it: Hi, I keep experiencing frequent and random BSOD's and can't seem to get to the bottom of what's causing it. I'll attach the minidumps that come up when this happens. Thankshttps://1drv.ms/u/s!Al_aL3E2xgiTgc1VrH7ZH8OHGaP6Cw?e=C9F6UB...
  5. Frequent BSOD. Not sure how to go about fixing it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD. Not sure how to go about fixing it: Hi, I keep experiencing frequent and random BSOD's and can't seem to get to the bottom of what's causing it. I'll attach the minidumps that come up when this happens. Thankshttps://1drv.ms/u/s!Al_aL3E2xgiTgc1VrH7ZH8OHGaP6Cw?e=C9F6UB...
  6. I'm not sure how to describe the problem.But it's about My Windows Profile.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I'm not sure how to describe the problem.But it's about My Windows Profile.: I recently encountered a problem with the "Windows Profile" system locking or saving some erroneous data, preventing me from playing certain games. I have tried switching profiles and relaunching the same game and found it to play normally. At the same time I tested the...
  7. I'm not sure how to describe the problem.But it's about My Windows Profile.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm not sure how to describe the problem.But it's about My Windows Profile.: I recently encountered a problem with the "Windows Profile" system locking or saving some erroneous data, preventing me from playing certain games. I have tried switching profiles and relaunching the same game and found it to play normally. At the same time I tested the...
  8. I'm not sure how to describe the problem.But it's about My Windows Profile.

9. my pc keeps prompting me to activate my windows 10. how do i go about this ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    my pc keeps prompting me to activate my windows 10. how do i go about this ?: my pc keeps prompting me to activate my windows 10. how do i go about this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-keeps-prompting-me-to-activate-my-windows-10/ea0958a3-99f8-412c-a53b-e80f293d7a62
  10. Not sure about credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not sure about credentials: I went poking around my Win10 system and I came to the credentials. Strange though I have never seen the ones under Windows Credentials > Generic Credentials (see pic) [img] Wondering if these are normal or is these something I should remove? 109500