Windows 10: Upgraded new laptop's Win10 Home edition to Pro and now I have to return the laptop for...

Discus and support Upgraded new laptop's Win10 Home edition to Pro and now I have to return the laptop for... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello All, I recently bought a new laptop with windows home edition installed. I paid and upgraded the windows to pro, same day, through windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by [Ray}, Mar 27, 2020.

1. [Ray} Win User

Upgraded new laptop's Win10 Home edition to Pro and now I have to return the laptop for...

Hello All,

I recently bought a new laptop with windows home edition installed. I paid and upgraded the windows to pro, same day, through windows upgrade program digital license. I also fresh installed windows to get rid of unnecessary apps. When I fresh installed windows using the ISO file from Microsoft page, it installed the home edition, but I was able to upgrade it again to pro through Microsoft store after logging in with my Microsoft account.

Now I found out that my USB-C that's supposed to be a 3.1 Gen 2 as advertised on Amazon, it is working on slow speed USB 2.0, I updated all the drivers from the manufacturer's web page, I also went through updating the BIOS but nothing fixed it. I contacted the manufacturer and they asked me to ship it to them for a repair.

Now I have to return this laptop back to Amazon and will have to buy something different, how do I remove my windows 10 upgrade from this laptop and use it on a new laptop?

thank you for your time

Ray

:)

[Ray}, Mar 27, 2020
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Mar 27, 2020
  3. dc_101 Win User
    Transferring Windows licenses / editions between laptops

Hi there!

I have the following scenario:

- An old laptop with Windows 10 Pro edition (it was upgraded to 8.1 Pro and then free upgrade to Win10 Pro)

- A new laptop with pre-installed Windows 10 Home Edition.

What I'd like to do is swap the licenses over so that the new laptop has the Pro Edition and the old one the Home Edition.

Is this possible and how do I achieve this?

Thanks!

dc

dc_101, Mar 27, 2020
  4. HowardCh1 Win User

Upgraded new laptop's Win10 Home edition to Pro and now I have to return the laptop for...

Originally upgraded from Win10 Home -> Pro on older laptop. How can I transfer the Pro to my new Laptop (Win10 Home)?

i paid to upgrade win10 home -> pro on an old laptop. can i simply change the license key on my new laptop to the pro key? or do i first have to do something else?

HowardCh1, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Upgraded new laptop's Win10 Home edition to Pro and now I have to return the laptop for... - Similar Threads - Upgraded laptop's Win10

2. I have a new laptop with windows 11 home but i want to upgrade it to PRO version. Will it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a new laptop with windows 11 home but i want to upgrade it to PRO version. Will it...: I have a new laptop with windows 11 home but i want to upgrade it to PRO version. Will it change to PRO by just changing the product keys? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-new-laptop-with-windows-11-home-but-i/7e3114df-10b8-465d-91a4-29475d434cd2
  3. I have a new laptop with windows 11 home but i want to upgrade it to PRO version. Will it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a new laptop with windows 11 home but i want to upgrade it to PRO version. Will it...: I have a new laptop with windows 11 home but i want to upgrade it to PRO version. Will it change to PRO by just changing the product keys? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-new-laptop-with-windows-11-home-but-i/7e3114df-10b8-465d-91a4-29475d434cd2
  4. I bought new laptop with windows 11 home edition, now i want to upgrade it with windows 11...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought new laptop with windows 11 home edition, now i want to upgrade it with windows 11...: I bought new laptop with windows 11 home edition, now i want to upgrade it with windows 11 pro, can I upgrade directly with new license key ? Or need to install new OS ?...
  5. I bought new laptop with windows 11 home edition, now i want to upgrade it with windows 11...

I bought new laptop with windows 11 home edition, now i want to upgrade it with windows 11...: I bought new laptop with windows 11 home edition, now i want to upgrade it with windows 11 pro, can I upgrade directly with new license key ? Or need to install new OS ?...
  6. Upgraded From WIN 11 home to PRO. Then returned laptop. Need to Activate PRO but dont have...

Upgraded From WIN 11 home to PRO. Then returned laptop. Need to Activate PRO but dont have...: I bought a new laptop and upgraded from windows 11 home to a windows 11 pro but then five days later I decided to return the laptop I formatted it back to factory defaults so at that point it should not have been tied to any type of outlook e-mail or account. I have now...
  7. Upgraded From WIN 11 home to PRO. Then returned laptop. Need to Activate PRO but dont have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded From WIN 11 home to PRO. Then returned laptop. Need to Activate PRO but dont have...: I bought a new laptop and upgraded from windows 11 home to a windows 11 pro but then five days later I decided to return the laptop I formatted it back to factory defaults so at that point it should not have been tied to any type of outlook e-mail or account. I have now...
  8. New laptop will come with Win10 Home but I prefer Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New laptop will come with Win10 Home but I prefer Win10 Pro: I ordered a Dell laptop: XPS 15 7590 9th Generation Intel Core i7-9750H (12MB Cache, up to 4.5 GHz, 6 cores) 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD 32GB DDR4-2666MHz, 2x16G NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4GB GDDR5 15.6" 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) InfinityEdge Anti-Reflective Touch IPS 100% AdobeRGB...
  9. Upgrade win10 home to win10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade win10 home to win10 pro: I'm trying to upgrade my win10 home to pro but I'm stuck. The steps taken are below: 1. I disconnected my internet-connection. 2. I went to systems->"Update&Security" -> Activation -> "Change Product Key" 3. I entered the generic key "VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T" and the...
  10. Deleting Win10 to return laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleting Win10 to return laptop: Hello! I recently got a laptop that came with FreeDos and now I need to return it because of a faulty screen. Since I only noticed it after installing Win10 on it, I'm now trying to uninstall it/do factory reset(?) I followed a tutorial to get to the Windows setup where you...