Windows 10: Upgraded, not activated, which product should I buy?

Discus and support Upgraded, not activated, which product should I buy? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi People and thanks for taking the time to read and help, My problem is ... I currently live in China and I bought a Dell G7, obviously the OS was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DaveClews1, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Upgraded, not activated, which product should I buy?

Hi People and thanks for taking the time to read and help,

My problem is ...

I currently live in China and I bought a Dell G7, obviously the OS was in Chinese. I couldn't change the language to English as i needed to update to pro. I didn't check to see if the product key was entered.

Once I upgraded I found that I couldn't register as there was no associated product key, as I bought this in China and then purchased an upgrade I find myself in a little bit of a pickle.

I am tempted to just buy the pro version outright, but I wanted to know if I could buy the home version for the product key and then that will be superseded by the upgrade digital licence.

Any help would be awesome, Thank yo again for reading and any help and advice you may have.

:)

DaveClews1, Aug 17, 2019
  2. linhlz Win User

Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

Possibly there can be the problem with Microsoft activation Server, so your Windows 10 is not activated. In this scenario, you need to wait and verify if it is the issue from Microsoft’s side. But if you are getting error code 0x803f7001, you can also try these steps:

1. Open Settings app. Then go to Update and security > Activation screen > Change product.
    2. Type your Windows edition product key and click Next.
    3. You’ll get We couldn’t activate Windows error message.
    4. Retry steps 1-3 then type your 25-characters unique product key.
    5. Wait for the process to complete, Windows 10 is activated.
    Hope something helps this problem

linhlz, Aug 17, 2019
  3. Josef Bri Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade activation product key requirement no skip

Hi Anil,

To quote Andre's post, can you please try the following steps as well right after you got the product key from the steps that was provided to you above.

• Click Start
    • Settings
    • Find Update & Security
    • On the left pane of the page, click Activation
    • In the change the product key section, enter the product key you have
    • Click Next to activate.
    Let us know how it goes so we can provide you with a better solution.

Josef Bri, Aug 17, 2019
  4. Duyenhip Win User

Upgraded, not activated, which product should I buy?

Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

thanks
    I activated my Windows 10 from product key Windows 7

Duyenhip, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

Upgraded, not activated, which product should I buy?

1. Upgraded, not activated, which product should I buy? - Similar Threads - Upgraded activated product

2. should I buy an OEM product key for windows 10 or buy a retail product key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    should I buy an OEM product key for windows 10 or buy a retail product key?: I want to use this key to transfer many times in the future. So a retail product key can be used for future version of windows? like windows 11, windows 12pretend next version after 11 is 12? or I cannot?...
  3. should I buy an OEM product key for windows 10 or buy a retail product key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    should I buy an OEM product key for windows 10 or buy a retail product key?: I want to use this key to transfer many times in the future. So a retail product key can be used for future version of windows? like windows 11, windows 12pretend next version after 11 is 12? or I cannot?...
  4. should I buy an OEM product key for windows 10 or buy a retail product key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Should i buy this mouse?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should i buy this mouse?: Hi, i found this mouse here, i believe this company is partnered with another cause i found one called the zelotes t60 mouse , and they are almost identicle. and in a video it said that the og mouse is also manufactured by many different brands such as victsing and more....
  6. Which pen I should buy that is compatible with my laptop?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Which pen I should buy that is compatible with my laptop?: hp ENVY x360 m Convertible 15m-cn0012d https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-pen-i-should-buy-that-is-compatible-with-my/63c7fc4e-debc-4824-8542-88c58130f76d
  7. Which Brand Ram Should i buy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which Brand Ram Should i buy: Hiii please help me which brand should I buy to run fifa 18 n 19 smoothly without lag and stuttering issues... and if I add 4 GB Additional ram is fine right??? wont there be problem please help me someone My Dell Inspiron 15-3576 Laptop Specs are as follows 1. Windows...
  8. Which version of Office 2019 should I upgrade to not to for this ?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Which version of Office 2019 should I upgrade to not to for this ?: I have had few tragic incidences of either losing older Outlook databases or the incompatibility of which despite whatever steps suggested by Microsoft to migrate them to new format . So basically my pcs/laptops are now running on both office 2013 / 2016 , and since the...
  9. Which activation key should I buy?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Which activation key should I buy?: Hello, I'm really confused about all the windows 10 activation keys, their validity and stuff. I saw a few places selling activation keys and I just need to know if I can use them to re activate windows when I upgrade my hardware (eg change motherboad, CPU). I read the MS...
  10. Which Surface device should I buy?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Which Surface device should I buy?: Greetings! I have been a Microsoft user for years and I have bought a Macbook a few months ago, and I have decided to give it away (to another family member) and go for a Microsoft device. The reason why is because I am taking college classes that require Windows 10 and I...