Windows 10: Upgraded PC New Motherboard CPU Ram Powersupply HD and SDD

Discus and support Upgraded PC New Motherboard CPU Ram Powersupply HD and SDD in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; After I upgraded my old pc I signed into my Microsoft account and it's not letting me activate windows. Its the same pc, my old pc which had the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RyanandSamHill, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Upgraded PC New Motherboard CPU Ram Powersupply HD and SDD

After I upgraded my old pc I signed into my Microsoft account and it's not letting me activate windows. Its the same pc, my old pc which had the windows 10 pro on it I gave it to my step son and bought windows 10 home for him. All he had to buy was a box. What can I do to reactivate my windows 10 pro on this pc, my Microsoft account is still showing cpu as I5 2500k which was my cpu previous is there a way to deactivate that pc and add my new one under the same license. This is the same base pc and I'm wanting to just transfer my code over to my new setup which I should be able to do but can't figure it out.

Thanks,

Ryan

:)

RyanandSamHill, Apr 28, 2019
  2. kjl1956 Win User

Upgrading Processor, Motherboard, and Ram

Everything but the motherboard can be upgraded; new motherboard will make the pc

not genuine.

Installing from iso dvd or thumb drive would work but the same issue.

You have the same license terms as when win7 was installed and it carried over to win10;

OEM (hp,dell, toshiba etc.) or retail ( you bought win7).

If you can not upgrade on the current motherboard, cpu, ram, video card for less than a new complete system including the os ?

This also depends on the current configuration, how old are, is the pc.

Not pushing amd but new 4 core cpu's are $129 retail., system boards range from $100

and up, ddr4 ram 130 fo 16 gig just as an example.

kjl1956, Apr 28, 2019
  3. Haegely Win User
    Upgrading Motherboard and CPU

I bought a default Lenovo K450 a few years back that came with Windows 8 preinstalled. Well over the past few months I've upgraded the PSU, GPU, and moved too an SSD without much of a hassle since I was using the same motherboard and CPU. Well, I'm moving
    too a whole new upgrade and changing the case, motherboard, CPU, and adding a network card. My question is, once I've changed out all of the parts, will I need to reinstall Windows 8, or can I just install Windows 10 again like normal and follow the steps
    with customer support to establish the legitimacy of my previous Windows OS? I have the OEM and Product Key.

Haegely, Apr 28, 2019
  4. plazma321 Win User

Upgraded PC New Motherboard CPU Ram Powersupply HD and SDD

New motherboard/CPU/Ram license question

Howdy. I'm about to upgrade my motherboard, CPU and ram. I have a couple of questions.

Currently on windows 10 Pro which was upgraded from a legit windows 7 Ultimate retail key.

1. I'm assuming I will have to do a fresh install of windows 10 after i swap out this hardware?

2. Once I've done the fresh install how do i go about activating my license for windows 10?

plazma321, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

Upgraded PC New Motherboard CPU Ram Powersupply HD and SDD

1. Upgraded PC New Motherboard CPU Ram Powersupply HD and SDD - Similar Threads - Upgraded Motherboard CPU

2. Random restarts after upgrading Motherboard, CPU and RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random restarts after upgrading Motherboard, CPU and RAM: I have been experiencing random restarts while I have been playing video games. They are a 41 Event ID in the Event Viewer. I have the .dmp files. I cannot tell if its hardware failure or drivers....
  3. Random restarts after upgrading Motherboard, CPU and RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random restarts after upgrading Motherboard, CPU and RAM: I have been experiencing random restarts while I have been playing video games. They are a 41 Event ID in the Event Viewer. I have the .dmp files. I cannot tell if its hardware failure or drivers....
  4. PC Crashing after CPU and RAM upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Crashing after CPU and RAM upgrade: Motherboard: MSI x470 Gaming Pro Carbon Latest bios for compatibilityCPU: Ryzen 7 5700x Previously ryzen 5 2600RAM: Corsair vengeance rgb 3200mhz 4x8 previously 2x8Many of my games crash without warnings or errors, and many times my computer also crashes while stresstesting...
  5. PC Crashing after CPU and RAM upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Crashing after CPU and RAM upgrade: Motherboard: MSI x470 Gaming Pro Carbon Latest bios for compatibilityCPU: Ryzen 7 5700x Previously ryzen 5 2600RAM: Corsair vengeance rgb 3200mhz 4x8 previously 2x8Many of my games crash without warnings or errors, and many times my computer also crashes while stresstesting...
  6. PC Crashing after CPU and RAM upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. upgrading motherboard and cpu

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    upgrading motherboard and cpu: Hi, I have a question regarding upgrading my motherboard and cpu. I currently have an off the shelf gaming PC purchased a few years ago. I am looking to replace my asrock B-360M andi5-9400F with newly purchased Asus Prime Z390-A and I9 9900k. My question is in regard to the...
  8. Cpu and motherboard upgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cpu and motherboard upgrade: Hi im going to upgrade my system can i format the ssd in my pc without doing a fresh install just deleting the data and put my new cpu and motherboard ? submitted by /u/f9mh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k68v9e/cpu_and_motherboard_upgrade/
  9. Storage Spaces - How to upgrade motherboard/CPU/RAM

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Spaces - How to upgrade motherboard/CPU/RAM: I want to upgrade my 6 year old Motherboard/CPU/RAM/etc but I have 32TB (4 separate 8TB mechanical drives) setup in full backup in a Storage Space using Windows 10. How do make sure I don't lose all my data when I upgrade the Motherboard/CPU/etc? These are precious family...
  10. New motherboard and CPU

in Windows 10 Support
    New motherboard and CPU: Ok I think I am having to give up on what on earth is wrong with my Ivy Bridge build (2012) and replace the board (and CPU) with either of these Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming3 ATX 1151 Motherboard GA-Z170X-Gaming3 | shopping express online (impressive price) or Gigabyte...