Windows 10: upgraded PC to from activated Windows 10 home to Windows 10 pro, ended up with enterprise,...

Discus and support upgraded PC to from activated Windows 10 home to Windows 10 pro, ended up with enterprise,... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; What a mess. I purchased an upgrade from Win 10 Home to pro ($99 USD), installed that. Now my system is showing as Windows 10 enterprise and is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by WindyBCCoast, Feb 3, 2019.

1. upgraded PC to from activated Windows 10 home to Windows 10 pro, ended up with enterprise,...

What a mess. I purchased an upgrade from Win 10 Home to pro ($99 USD), installed that.
    Now my system is showing as Windows 10 enterprise and is not activated.
    I have the a product key sticker on the box and I entered that but windows comes back with "the product key didn't work"

The machine was activated on Win 10 home.

I tried calling the activation support number but simply cannot get to a real person, even when I tell the stupid robot to transfer me when it asks me if I want to do that.

this sucks. Please help.

:)

WindyBCCoast, Feb 3, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 3, 2019
  3. Laurijan Win User
    Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I bought Windows 7 Pro OEM key from G2Play.net for 12€ to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro - worked like a charm but be advised if you buy a OEM key you can not download the Win 7 iso from microsoft and have to get it elsewhere.

Laurijan, Feb 3, 2019
  4. MrGenius Win User

upgraded PC to from activated Windows 10 home to Windows 10 pro, ended up with enterprise,...

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

upgraded PC to from activated Windows 10 home to Windows 10 pro, ended up with enterprise,...

1. upgraded PC to from activated Windows 10 home to Windows 10 pro, ended up with enterprise,... - Similar Threads - upgraded activated home

2. I upgraded to windows 10 pro from unactivated home, but instead ended up with enterprise,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I upgraded to windows 10 pro from unactivated home, but instead ended up with enterprise,...: I bought a key and proceeded to upgrade but I just ended up with enterprise, what do I do? I can't seem to find any support anything submitted by /u/thatfakeyeezyhustle [link] [comments]...
  3. I upgraded from Windows 10 home to pro, but I ended up in enterprise

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I upgraded from Windows 10 home to pro, but I ended up in enterprise: I bought a laptop without an OS, I was running unactivated home but decided to buy pro, after inserting the key I ended up in enterprise which is activated, when I use the default key to go back to pro, and put the key back in, I end up with enterprise again, what can I do?...
  4. Upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Pro Enterprise. Now Windows is not activated

Upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Pro Enterprise. Now Windows is not activated: Bought this HP computer at Costco last year. It came with Windows 10 Home. I need encryption so I paid Microsoft $99 to upgrade to Pro so I could have BitLocker. After the upgrade, I now have the "Activate Windows" watermark. The activate page in settings is showing error...
  5. Upgraded edition to from Home to Windows 10 Pro, now Enterprise installed and not activated

Upgraded edition to from Home to Windows 10 Pro, now Enterprise installed and not activated: Hi, I was having Windows 10 Home version on my laptop and I upgraded it and bought Windows 10 Pro edition, through Microsoft Store. My payment was successful. But, after the Windows has upgraded and restarted, I have activation issues because now edition is Enterprise even...
  6. Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead.: Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi/6d21d6d7-1500-4458-b69f-3ee07b1f66c0
  7. Upgraded Windows 10 Home, using my Windows 8.1 Pro license, ended up with Windows 10 Enterprise

Upgraded Windows 10 Home, using my Windows 8.1 Pro license, ended up with Windows 10 Enterprise: Has anyone run into this problem or know how to get my Windows 10 Enterprise setting back to Window 10 Pro? Or should I simple use Windows 10 Enterprise as is? My concern is did Windows 10 Enterprise get installed or did Window 10 Pro install and the wrong information is...
  8. Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead.

Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead.: Hi, I recently bought the Windows 10 Pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store for my laptop with Windows 10 Home installed. After the payment is finished, I got a notification to restart my laptop. When it is booted on, I checked the Settings > Activation page and instead of...
  9. Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro becomes not activated Enterprise?

Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro becomes not activated Enterprise?: This is the second time in a row where I've upgraded a PC from Windows 10 Home to Pro via the Microsoft Store on the machine. However, upon restarting I get the message that shows that Windows isn't activated and in the computer properties it shows that the machine is now...
  10. Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro/Enterprise from Windows 10 Home(OEM)

Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro/Enterprise from Windows 10 Home(OEM): Hi All, I purchased a Laptop with Windows 10 Home, and now I want to upgrade to a server edition like Pro or Enterprise. Do I need to pay anything for that, or simply I can go and upgrade and use the same key? Regards Binoy...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. upgraded windows 10 home to pro via the store but cannot active showing enterprise

2. win 10 upgraded to enterprise and i lost my activation

3. i upgraded to windows 10 pro and now windows is not activated

4. upgraded pc now windows not activated,
  5. windos store upgraded my copy of windows to enterprise instead of pro,
  6. PC is activated as Windows Pro instead of Windows Enterprise,
  7. upgraded from home to pro and now have enterprise,
  8. are windows 10 enterprise features installed (and not activated) in windows 10 home,
  9. i upgraded windows 10 home to pro and now it is not activated