Windows 10: Upgraded to 10, now none of my internal SATA hard drives show up in Ex

Discus and support Upgraded to 10, now none of my internal SATA hard drives show up in Ex in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, first post here. Looking for some help on a crazy issue where none of my other internal SATA hard drives are mounting and showing up in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by samth3mancgp, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Upgraded to 10, now none of my internal SATA hard drives show up in Ex

Hi, first post here.

Looking for some help on a crazy issue where none of my other internal SATA hard drives are mounting and showing up in Explorer. I have 4 of them that are powered up, show up in Disk Management, but I cannot do anything with them. If I right click and try to change drive letter I get "The operation failed to complete because the Disk Management console view is not up-to-date".

I tried disabling and enabling the drives in Device Manager? I set them to offline and then online in Disk Management (which at least got them to show that they are healthy NTFS partitions) but no luck in getting them to actually mount in Explorer.

I have 5 external USB3 hard drives that all mount just fine, and a few USB flash drives as well. All is fine with those.. its just really odd that only the SATA drives are having issues. My system drive is hooked up via SATA and its running Win10 just fine.. its all the rest that are messed up.

Thanks a ton to anybody that might be able to help with this.

:)

samth3mancgp, Aug 6, 2015

2. Internal SATA Drives show up as removeable media on Z77x-UD5H-WB WiFi and Win10 Enterprise

Hi Justin,

Since the query is related to Windows 10 Enterprise operating system,
    I suggest you to post your query in the TechNet forum. IT Professionals on
    TechNet Forums are well equipped and will assist you better in resolving the issue you are facing with.

TechNet forum link:

Technet forums

Write to us for assistance regarding any Windows query, we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Internal SATA Drives show up as removeable media on Z77x-UD5H-WB WiFi and Win10 Enterprise

After installing Win10 Enterprise, the drives connected with the Marvell 88SE9172 are displayed as removeable media in the Safely Remove Hardware list.

There's no hot plug option for Marvell SATA options in BIOS and I have also tried as this page suggests (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3083627), but neither of them worked.

reg.exe add “HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\storahci\Parameters\Device” /f /v TreatAsInternalPort /t REG_MULTI_SZ /d 0

reg.exe add “HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\mvs91xx\Parameters\Device” /f /v TreatAsInternalPort /t REG_MULTI_SZ /d 0

Please help if I missed anything or did it wrong. Thanks!

Upgraded to 10, now none of my internal SATA hard drives show up in Ex [​IMG]

Justin Wu B, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

Upgraded to 10, now none of my internal SATA hard drives show up in Ex

1. Upgraded to 10, now none of my internal SATA hard drives show up in Ex - Similar Threads - Upgraded none internal

2. Internal Hard Drive Shows in BIOS but not in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal Hard Drive Shows in BIOS but not in Windows 10: My Windows operating system resides on an internal Solid State Drive and all my data and some programs reside on a 2TB Seagate Internal Hard Drive. A couple of days ago, my system started being very slow to load, taking almost 10 minutes to boot up, programs slow to load,...
  3. Internal drive not showing up

Internal drive not showing up: The internal D: drive on my laptop isn't showing up anymore after downloading a game from steam and getting a disk corrupt error message every now and again. It doesn't show up on Disk Management or Command or anything. Do I just bring it to someone and get a new compatible...
  4. Hard Drives not Showing up in Windows 10

Hard Drives not Showing up in Windows 10: Hello, I've just installed 2 hard drives in my Windows 10 PC. The C drive is an SSD and is working fine. There is also an additional 2 drives including a 240GB SSD and a 1TB HDD. As far as I'm aware neither of these are showing up in disk management: [ATTACH]...
  5. Internal SATA drive show on Device Manager But not on Explorer listing

Internal SATA drive show on Device Manager But not on Explorer listing: I used up all the allowed space in the title there - couldn't put a question mark on the end. *Smile Wonder why I can't see the WD hard drive I just hooked up to a SATA port on my H170 board? There are currently two seagate drive SATA connected and the DVD drive. And an...
  6. Internal SATA Drives show up as removeable media

Internal SATA Drives show up as removeable media: After clean install of Win 10 ver 1803 two (2) internal hard drives now appear in taskbar as removable and in fact can be removed....neither are the primary drive but backup drives....anyone else having this situation...have attempted registry changes as outlined below but...
  7. Internal SATA drives show as removable

Internal SATA drives show as removable: My motherboard has two SATA controllers. C: and D: are connected to a separate controller from the other two hard drives and one DVD burner. C: and D: show on the remove/eject menu. How do I get them off that? The last, and only other, time I encountered such a problem...
  8. Screwed up my hard drive (now clone)

Screwed up my hard drive (now clone): I screwed up my desktop hard drive by marking the primary partition as active. So, I popped it out of the case and mounted my clone in its place. I stuck the drive in my USB docking station so I could work on it and use it to host a clone after I figure out how to fix it....
  9. Is my internal hard drive damaged?

Is my internal hard drive damaged?: I have a 1tb internal hard drive from an old laptop that i have not used. But might have stored very little if any. I put it in an enclosure and connected it via usb to my chromebook. When i did this, i noticed it showed the files etc. But because im not that familiar with...
  10. Internal Hard Drive not showing up in explorer shows up in Disk Mgmt

Internal Hard Drive not showing up in explorer shows up in Disk Mgmt: Hello! My disk was full of useless junk, so I decided to format it. It worked fine until earlier today, where when I booted up my pc, it vanished from explorer. "Odd", I thought. So I went to Disk Mgmt and formatted it again. It shows up as a healthy partition in Disk Mgmt...