Windows 10: Upgraded to 10, now none of my internal SATA hard drives show up in Ex

Discus and support Upgraded to 10, now none of my internal SATA hard drives show up in Ex in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, first post here. Looking for some help on a crazy issue where none of my other internal SATA hard drives are mounting and showing up in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by samth3mancgp, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Upgraded to 10, now none of my internal SATA hard drives show up in Ex

Hi, first post here.

Looking for some help on a crazy issue where none of my other internal SATA hard drives are mounting and showing up in Explorer. I have 4 of them that are powered up, show up in Disk Management, but I cannot do anything with them. If I right click and try to change drive letter I get "The operation failed to complete because the Disk Management console view is not up-to-date".

I tried disabling and enabling the drives in Device Manager? I set them to offline and then online in Disk Management (which at least got them to show that they are healthy NTFS partitions) but no luck in getting them to actually mount in Explorer.

I have 5 external USB3 hard drives that all mount just fine, and a few USB flash drives as well. All is fine with those.. its just really odd that only the SATA drives are having issues. My system drive is hooked up via SATA and its running Win10 just fine.. its all the rest that are messed up.

Thanks a ton to anybody that might be able to help with this.

:)

samth3mancgp, Aug 6, 2015

2. Internal SATA Drives show up as removeable media on Z77x-UD5H-WB WiFi and Win10 Enterprise

Hi Justin,

Since the query is related to Windows 10 Enterprise operating system,
    I suggest you to post your query in the TechNet forum. IT Professionals on
    TechNet Forums are well equipped and will assist you better in resolving the issue you are facing with.

TechNet forum link:

Technet forums

Write to us for assistance regarding any Windows query, we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Internal SATA Drives show up as removeable media on Z77x-UD5H-WB WiFi and Win10 Enterprise

After installing Win10 Enterprise, the drives connected with the Marvell 88SE9172 are displayed as removeable media in the Safely Remove Hardware list.

There's no hot plug option for Marvell SATA options in BIOS and I have also tried as this page suggests (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3083627), but neither of them worked.

reg.exe add “HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\storahci\Parameters\Device” /f /v TreatAsInternalPort /t REG_MULTI_SZ /d 0

reg.exe add “HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\mvs91xx\Parameters\Device” /f /v TreatAsInternalPort /t REG_MULTI_SZ /d 0

Please help if I missed anything or did it wrong. Thanks!

Upgraded to 10, now none of my internal SATA hard drives show up in Ex [​IMG]

Justin Wu B, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

Upgraded to 10, now none of my internal SATA hard drives show up in Ex

1. Upgraded to 10, now none of my internal SATA hard drives show up in Ex - Similar Threads - Upgraded none internal

2. SATA hard drive internal showing up as hidden in device manger after recent updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SATA hard drive internal showing up as hidden in device manger after recent updates: Hi,I am not able to access my internal hard drive after installing the latest updates from Microsoft. tried many things but was not able to find the drive as it was not showing up but then in device manager >>>>view >>>> show hidden file i was able to see my drive but in...
  3. SATA hard drive internal showing up as hidden in device manger after recent updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SATA hard drive internal showing up as hidden in device manger after recent updates: Hi,I am not able to access my internal hard drive after installing the latest updates from Microsoft. tried many things but was not able to find the drive as it was not showing up but then in device manager >>>>view >>>> show hidden file i was able to see my drive but in...
  4. Internal hard drives not showing up on reinstallation of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Internal hard drives not showing up on reinstallation of windows 10: I have a 7 year old PC. I've added a few 2 tb internal hard drives to it over the years - because back then, Intel, Gigabyte and the rest said it could be done - and they were right! I ended up with Drives C, and D, E, F and G. I know, I know. Just call it a personal quirk....
  5. Internal Hard Drives are Showing As Removable Drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internal Hard Drives are Showing As Removable Drives: Hello, Thank you in advance for any assistance. I am running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. My issue is I have an internal hard drive that is showing as a removable storage device. I am using this drive for Backup. Windows 10 File Backup and trying to use it for a system...
  6. Toshiba ex-internal drive (now external) not being recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Toshiba ex-internal drive (now external) not being recognized: My Acer Windows 10 notebook had a 1 tb Toshiba internal hard drive. A few months ago I replaced that hard drive with an SSD. I now use that hard drive to periodically clone the SSD back to the hard drive for a full backup. During that process, the hard drive is connected to...
  7. Internal SATA hard drives show up as removable devices in 'Safely Remove Hardware'

Internal SATA hard drives show up as removable devices in 'Safely Remove Hardware': Hi, Issue; I've got two of my internal SATA hard drives (4 internal hard drive in total) showing as removeable drives in the 'safely remove hardware and eject media' tray icon list. I don't want to accidentally eject one of them so I would like them not to appear in the...
  8. Internal SATA Drives show up as removeable media

Internal SATA Drives show up as removeable media: After clean install of Win 10 ver 1803 two (2) internal hard drives now appear in taskbar as removable and in fact can be removed....neither are the primary drive but backup drives....anyone else having this situation...have attempted registry changes as outlined below but...
  9. Internal SATA drives show as removable

Internal SATA drives show as removable: My motherboard has two SATA controllers. C: and D: are connected to a separate controller from the other two hard drives and one DVD burner. C: and D: show on the remove/eject menu. How do I get them off that? The last, and only other, time I encountered such a problem...
  10. Internal Hard Drive not showing up in explorer shows up in Disk Mgmt

Internal Hard Drive not showing up in explorer shows up in Disk Mgmt: Hello! My disk was full of useless junk, so I decided to format it. It worked fine until earlier today, where when I booted up my pc, it vanished from explorer. "Odd", I thought. So I went to Disk Mgmt and formatted it again. It shows up as a healthy partition in Disk Mgmt...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 Internal SATA Drives show up as removeable media www.windowsphoneinfo.com