Windows 10: Upgraded to 16GB of RAM and added an SSD - now Windows 10 is rebooting constantly with errors!

Discus and support Upgraded to 16GB of RAM and added an SSD - now Windows 10 is rebooting constantly with errors! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; DELL Inspiron 15 5570 15.6" Laptop, Windows 10, Intel® Core™ i5-8250U Processor, RAM: 8 GB / Storage: 1 TB HDD I've added; Crucial CT8G4SFD824A 8 GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rory73, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Rory73 Win User

Upgraded to 16GB of RAM and added an SSD - now Windows 10 is rebooting constantly with errors!

DELL Inspiron 15 5570 15.6" Laptop, Windows 10, Intel® Core™ i5-8250U Processor, RAM: 8 GB / Storage: 1 TB HDD

I've added; Crucial CT8G4SFD824A 8 GB (DDR4, 2400 MT/s, PC4-19200, DRx8, SODIMM, 260-Pin) Memory and a Samsung MZ-V7E500BW 970 EVO 500 GB V-NAND M.2 PCI Express Solid State Drive.

I bought this Laptop a year ago (on the 27/11!!). To be honest, I have not really used it as I hate the Windows 10 platform (far prefer 7), but I recently bought the extra RAM and the SSD and decided to start using it. The issue seems to be cause by the upgrade of RAM from 8 to 16 (althought this machine should support it). When I initially opened it, the 8GB of RAM that was in it (kingston 8gb 1rx8 pc4-2400t-sa1-11) was in slot DIMM B. I've tried both 8GBs separately, in both slots, and there are no crashes (although there are over 17k WHEA-Logger Event ID 17 warnings in the Eventviewer (and I think these must have been happening before I did the upgrade as they are still occurring when I take it back to 8 GB of RAM).

As soon as I put the second 8GB in and restart, the crashes start happening - they have all kinds of different stopcodes - one of them is KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. I phoned Currys (who I purchased it from) and obviously my warranty is now out of date by 2 days....

I tried to do a Windows 10 Reset - but that failed. I've run multiple checks - the Dell Supportassist checks on all the Hardware, but everything is passing. I've looked through the forums and tried many solutions, but nothing is resolving the issues.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks in advance.

Rory

:)

Rory73, Nov 29, 2018

2. Video card or RAM need upgrading?

Memtest: no errors after 10 hrs.
    I'm going to perform the Primetest, later on. Get back to you on that.
    I'm going to take it step by step, guys. I need to find the problem with this current computer. I might have to upgrade some components, so that it is still runnable. As for the new one, yes....i will build on it later. I need to find something decent 'gaming experience', all suggestions appreciated. THanks.

itsmeitsme, Nov 29, 2018
  3. neogeo119 Win User
    Windows 10 reboots constantly

Original title: Bugcheck reboots constantly on Windows 10 PC

Tried to review the events and dump files but cannot solve the issue.

The PC is constantly rebooting itself.

I have uploaded the minidump here: http://1drv.ms/1PMmKNq

If someone could share some thoughts and suggest really appreciate. Thanks.

neogeo119, Nov 29, 2018
  4. Nordic Win User

Upgraded to 16GB of RAM and added an SSD - now Windows 10 is rebooting constantly with errors!

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Upgraded to 16GB of RAM and added an SSD - now Windows 10 is rebooting constantly with errors! - Similar Threads - Upgraded 16GB RAM

2. 16GB RAM, no paging file set

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    16GB RAM, no paging file set: From time to time I get thrown out of an online game. COD Warfare. I have 16Gb RAM and have turned of the paging file so that everything runs in memory and is much faster. Any risk of losing data is accepted. I can only find reference to a solution that relates to...
  3. BSOD with 16gb of RAM installed.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD with 16gb of RAM installed.: I've had 16Gb of RAM since I got my PC, but I've only ever used 8Gb because as soon as my ram usage goes over the 8gb mark, my system has a bsod. My specs are Ryzen 2400g, RX 580, Asus prime b350 plus mobo, samsung 970 evo ssd, corsair vengeance 3200 RAM 2x8Gb. Ive run the...
  4. How to install Windows 10 on 16Gb SSD

How to install Windows 10 on 16Gb SSD: I know most of you are going to tell me to upgrade, but please resist from doing so as I just want to know how to do it. submitted by /u/RicePooh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/em422e/how_to_install_windows_10_on_16gb_ssd/
  5. 16GB RAM, only 8GB usable

16GB RAM, only 8GB usable: [ATTACH] I'm new to these PC things so I'm sorry for the dumb question. I just got a gaming PC as a gift for christmas, and I checked everything (updates, etc.) and it seems everything was fine, until I checked the RAM, it says 16GB installed but only 7.95 GB usable, it...
  6. PC bluescreens with 16gb of ram, but not with 8gb

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC bluescreens with 16gb of ram, but not with 8gb: I recently built a new computer and have been getting lots of random bluescreens. They were all memory errors, so I took one of the two sticks out and the crashes stopped. I thought that maybe the stick I took out was faulty, so I switched them out to test it, but still, no...
  7. Drive error reports and constant reboots Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Drive error reports and constant reboots Windows 10: Following updates recently, I am experiencing problems with error reports/reboots. Can anyone come up with a solution and why are updates now constantly causing problems? This issue is serious as I am doing a last edit on my book prior to publication, and these problems are...
  8. 8GB of ram or 16GB of ram in Win. 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    8GB of ram or 16GB of ram in Win. 10?: hi, I am in Taiwan and might buy a new laptop. For Windows 10, 8GB of ram or 16GB of ram good? I plan to install Photoshop and Illustrator. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/8gb-of-ram-or-16gb-of-ram-in-win-10/e3bac01e-ee6e-4a67-96a2-a72e245aa3c1
  9. With an SSD installed, would 8Gb to 16Gb RAM have no impact?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    With an SSD installed, would 8Gb to 16Gb RAM have no impact?: Given my current situation, I'm likely going to keep my current HP notebook for at least a couple more years. I recently upgraded the main drive to an SSD and the performance boost is phenomenal. It has 8Gb of RAM with one slot open, so I was thinking of installing another...
  10. Page File After Just Upgrading to 16gb of ram

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Page File After Just Upgrading to 16gb of ram: HI All Had a few questions, right now the page file is system managed on my C:\ SSD drive, just recently upgraded to 16gb of ram, is there anything I need to do to optimize performance of system, and optimal page file config? First time having 16gb of ram in any of the...