Windows 10: Upgraded to 16GB of RAM and added an SSD - now Windows 10 is rebooting constantly with errors!

Discus and support Upgraded to 16GB of RAM and added an SSD - now Windows 10 is rebooting constantly with errors! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; DELL Inspiron 15 5570 15.6" Laptop, Windows 10, Intel® Core™ i5-8250U Processor, RAM: 8 GB / Storage: 1 TB HDD I've added; Crucial CT8G4SFD824A 8 GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rory73, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Rory73 Win User

Upgraded to 16GB of RAM and added an SSD - now Windows 10 is rebooting constantly with errors!

DELL Inspiron 15 5570 15.6" Laptop, Windows 10, Intel® Core™ i5-8250U Processor, RAM: 8 GB / Storage: 1 TB HDD

I've added; Crucial CT8G4SFD824A 8 GB (DDR4, 2400 MT/s, PC4-19200, DRx8, SODIMM, 260-Pin) Memory and a Samsung MZ-V7E500BW 970 EVO 500 GB V-NAND M.2 PCI Express Solid State Drive.

I bought this Laptop a year ago (on the 27/11!!). To be honest, I have not really used it as I hate the Windows 10 platform (far prefer 7), but I recently bought the extra RAM and the SSD and decided to start using it. The issue seems to be cause by the upgrade of RAM from 8 to 16 (althought this machine should support it). When I initially opened it, the 8GB of RAM that was in it (kingston 8gb 1rx8 pc4-2400t-sa1-11) was in slot DIMM B. I've tried both 8GBs separately, in both slots, and there are no crashes (although there are over 17k WHEA-Logger Event ID 17 warnings in the Eventviewer (and I think these must have been happening before I did the upgrade as they are still occurring when I take it back to 8 GB of RAM).

As soon as I put the second 8GB in and restart, the crashes start happening - they have all kinds of different stopcodes - one of them is KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. I phoned Currys (who I purchased it from) and obviously my warranty is now out of date by 2 days....

I tried to do a Windows 10 Reset - but that failed. I've run multiple checks - the Dell Supportassist checks on all the Hardware, but everything is passing. I've looked through the forums and tried many solutions, but nothing is resolving the issues.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks in advance.

Rory

:)

Rory73, Nov 29, 2018

2. Video card or RAM need upgrading?

Memtest: no errors after 10 hrs.
    I'm going to perform the Primetest, later on. Get back to you on that.
    I'm going to take it step by step, guys. I need to find the problem with this current computer. I might have to upgrade some components, so that it is still runnable. As for the new one, yes....i will build on it later. I need to find something decent 'gaming experience', all suggestions appreciated. THanks.

itsmeitsme, Nov 29, 2018
  3. neogeo119 Win User
    Windows 10 reboots constantly

Original title: Bugcheck reboots constantly on Windows 10 PC

Tried to review the events and dump files but cannot solve the issue.

The PC is constantly rebooting itself.

I have uploaded the minidump here: http://1drv.ms/1PMmKNq

If someone could share some thoughts and suggest really appreciate. Thanks.

neogeo119, Nov 29, 2018
  4. Nordic Win User

Upgraded to 16GB of RAM and added an SSD - now Windows 10 is rebooting constantly with errors!

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Upgraded to 16GB of RAM and added an SSD - now Windows 10 is rebooting constantly with errors! - Similar Threads - Upgraded 16GB RAM

2. Windows reboot loop after adding an SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows reboot loop after adding an SSD?: My PC has a 2tb HDD with windows on it. I bought a 2tb m.2 nvme SSD with the intention of cloning the HDD onto the SSD, however, when I installed the SSD into the PC it will boot to the windows login screen then reboot to the automatic repair/recovery screen. The PC boots as...
  3. Upgrade SSD and RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade SSD and RAM: I'm using HP Pavilion 500-215x Desktop PC and I did like to upgrade one more SSD memory disk. Can I upgrade it ?Also, I want to upgrade more two DDR3 1600 2GB ram for this PC, Can I ?...
  4. Upgrade SSD and RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade SSD and RAM: I'm using HP Pavilion 500-215x Desktop PC and I did like to upgrade one more SSD memory disk. Can I upgrade it ?Also, I want to upgrade more two DDR3 1600 2GB ram for this PC, Can I ?...
  5. Windows for 16GB ssd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows for 16GB ssd: Hi, im here to Ask for Windows 10 version for 16GB or less rom. Someone Have it or know something about this ? submitted by /u/Front-Upstairs134 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lqv5n4/windows_for_16gb_ssd/
  6. SSD or RAM upgrade?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SSD or RAM upgrade?: I have an old Asus i5 laptop with 4gbs of RAM that sort of struggles with Windows 10. It runs sluggish overall and programs take a while to load. It usually works fine but when i give it more hardware demanding tasks like moving big files around it almost becomes unusable...
  7. 16Gb RAM on Ideapad?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    16Gb RAM on Ideapad?: Hello everybody Since I am reaching the limits of image processing with my 8Gb Ram on my Lenovo Ideapad C340-14Iml, I want to upgrade the Ram. Can I do that with the necessary tools alone? Yes, I know that then the warranty expires. And how much is it? Can you send me a...
  8. 16GB Ram for Ideapad?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    16GB Ram for Ideapad?: Hello everybody Since I am reaching the limits of image processing with my 8Gb Ram on my Lenovo Ideapad C340-14Iml, I want to upgrade the Ram. Can I do that with the necessary tools alone? Yes, I know that then the warranty expires. And how much is it? Can you send me a...
  9. 8GB of ram or 16GB of ram in Win. 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    8GB of ram or 16GB of ram in Win. 10?: hi, I am in Taiwan and might buy a new laptop. For Windows 10, 8GB of ram or 16GB of ram good? I plan to install Photoshop and Illustrator. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/8gb-of-ram-or-16gb-of-ram-in-win-10/e3bac01e-ee6e-4a67-96a2-a72e245aa3c1
  10. Page File After Just Upgrading to 16gb of ram

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Page File After Just Upgrading to 16gb of ram: HI All Had a few questions, right now the page file is system managed on my C:\ SSD drive, just recently upgraded to 16gb of ram, is there anything I need to do to optimize performance of system, and optimal page file config? First time having 16gb of ram in any of the...