Windows 10: Upgraded to 1909 and the Event viewer still crashes

Discus and support Upgraded to 1909 and the Event viewer still crashes in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Unfortunately upgrading to version 1909 did not prevent the Event viewer from crashing. The administrative view survives with a few entries, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ineuw, Jan 28, 2020.

1. ineuw Win User

Upgraded to 1909 and the Event viewer still crashes

Unfortunately upgrading to version 1909 did not prevent the Event viewer from crashing. The administrative view survives with a few entries, but sorting by any column it crashes . . . . and always crashes when the log is large. So, to see any log entries, I clear all the logs and reboot. I would experiment with smaller log sizes but don''t know if it's possible to reduce their current max size limit.

:)

ineuw, Jan 28, 2020
  2. hexaae Win User

Event Viewer (MCC.exe) crashes 'System.IO.IOException'

I'm afraid this is another Windows 1903 bug (current ver 1836.175) as it is reproducible on every (?) PC.

• run Event Viewer
    • click 'Create Custom View' on the right panel
    • create for example a filter for System, events 6005, 6006, give it a name and save it:
      Upgraded to 1909 and the Event viewer still crashes [​IMG]
    • then click on the left tree "Custom Views" and an mcc.exe crash will occur *Confused reporting a IO error reading "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Event Viewer\Views\View_0.xml"

P.S.
    To roll-back you can from an admin prompt:
    Code:

hexaae, Jan 28, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Error in Event Viewer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned, you have performed a repair installation on the computer and you see Event 508, 510 and 533 in Event Viewer.

I would like to inform that if you see any critical error in Event Viewer, please share the event logs with us to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please follow the steps mentioned below to share the event logs:

1. Press Windows + X from the keyboard, select
      Event Viewer.
    2. Expand Windows Logs from the left pane and select
      Applications.
    3. Click Filter Current Log from extreme right pane. Then in the new windows check the box beside
      Error and click OK.
    4. Now, look for a critical Error in the list and note down the message/information from the
      General Tab in the lower section.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 28, 2020
  4. zatblast Win User

Explorer crashing

my only suggestion for the vagueish problem description would be to check the event viewer for something a little... more information if it happens to be there..
    control panel | administrative tools | event viewer check them all for the time of the crash, and try to gather data if possible so that the problem well has a chance of being solved maybe..

zatblast, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Upgraded to 1909 and the Event viewer still crashes - Similar Threads - Upgraded 1909 Event

2. event viewer keep getting crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    event viewer keep getting crashes: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xZ8vcqtIcxG5aM4axNRfZxp2QCja0ZKs/view?usp=sharing event log link7800x3d3080 evgaROG-THOR-1200Psux670e hero mobo 64gb ddr5 ram need help please...
  3. PC crash and event viewer errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crash and event viewer errors: On a game I get a full freeze and feedback from my speakers, only way to reset is to press the reset button.In the event viewer I these errors at the date stamp time of the crash :-SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization for WORKGROUP\DESKTOP-BKG2VOL$ via...
  4. PC crash and event viewer errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crash and event viewer errors: On a game I get a full freeze and feedback from my speakers, only way to reset is to press the reset button.In the event viewer I these errors at the date stamp time of the crash :-SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization for WORKGROUP\DESKTOP-BKG2VOL$ via...
  5. PC crash and event viewer errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. FSX Crashes Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FSX Crashes Event Viewer: Greetings,Yesterday I wrote to you about problems with FSX SP2 that I have installed on my PC with Windows 10 64 bit.There are times when FSX doesn't boot up or if it does then it crashes in flight. I checked the event viewer and saw these errors:fsx.exe 10.0.61472.0...
  7. FSX Crashes Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FSX Crashes Event Viewer: Greetings,Yesterday I wrote to you about problems with FSX SP2 that I have installed on my PC with Windows 10 64 bit.There are times when FSX doesn't boot up or if it does then it crashes in flight. I checked the event viewer and saw these errors:fsx.exe 10.0.61472.0...
  8. Event Viewer errors on VDI/Windows 10 1909

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Event Viewer errors on VDI/Windows 10 1909: Hi all, I was wondering if anyone had similar issues in their VDI environments that they support. I am running Horizon View 7.1 with Windows 10 1909. These are some of the errors I am seeing in Event Viewer: EventID 7001 Service Control Manager The WinHTTP Web Proxy...
  9. Event Viewer (MCC.exe) crashes 'System.IO.IOException'

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer (MCC.exe) crashes 'System.IO.IOException': I'm afraid this is another Windows 1903 bug (current ver 1836.175) as it is reproducible on every (?) PC. run Event Viewer click 'Create Custom View' on the right panel create for example a filter for System, events 6005, 6006, give it a name and save it: [img] then click...
  10. Windows Event Viewer Application Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Event Viewer Application Crash: Hello I have gotten this same error code that has been making all my games crash and making them unplayable. Please help me Faulting application name: bad_module_info, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000 Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp:...