Windows 10: Upgraded to 365 and the Calculator Displays Calc Differently; Can We Change it Back?

Discus and support Upgraded to 365 and the Calculator Displays Calc Differently; Can We Change it Back? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; One of our users doesn't like the new way that his calculations are displayed and he wonders if we could change it back to how it was. These are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by khirzelli, Mar 1, 2021.

1. khirzelli Win User

Upgraded to 365 and the Calculator Displays Calc Differently; Can We Change it Back?

One of our users doesn't like the new way that his calculations are displayed and he wonders if we could change it back to how it was. These are lawyers that use the calculator to count up hours every day and they like to go back and double-check what they've included/added up.

It used to be like this: He adds a series of numbers together, and it stayed in one string and he could easily see what he was adding. The numbers just showed as he was entering them, like 2+3+2+3. He could go back later into the history to see what he added, like this: 2+3+2+3=10.

Now, since we upgraded to 365, it subtotals each two numbers and then the next two, and so it's harder to see the numbers were 2,3,2 and 3. Now, it would look like this:

7+3=

5+2=

2+3=

We realize this is a small thing, but we do wonder if we could configure the calculator to work like it used to.

Thanks!

:)

khirzelli, Mar 1, 2021
  2. trogne Win User

calculator suddenly changes

I was working with the Windows Calculator, scientific mode.

I closed the calc, then when reopened, the scientifc mode changed.

Before I had the roots function on the same "page".
    Now there's a new button "2nd" that I have to click to see the roots function.

Upgraded to 365 and the Calculator Displays Calc Differently; Can We Change it Back? [​IMG]

Same if calc is full-screen.

What happened ?

Can I go back to the previous scientific calc ?

Calculator Version 10.1910.0.0

trogne, Mar 1, 2021
  3. Entegy Win User
    Bug in built in calculator program.

I am able to reproduce the issue. Here's what I did:

• Changed theme to light
    • Entered Calculator and did 1+1 Upgraded to 365 and the Calculator Displays Calc Differently; Can We Change it Back? :p
    • Pressed the Start Button
    • Changed theme back to dark
    • Entered calculator
    The keys in Calc are indeed now white on white.

Entegy, Mar 1, 2021
  4. Upgraded to 365 and the Calculator Displays Calc Differently; Can We Change it Back?

Window 10 Pro - Calculator error

Hi Suman,

I realize that you are facing issues with the calculator on Windows 10. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

• Are you facing this issue on the calculator app or the built-in calculator?

Some problems can be fixed by signing out of your account and then signing back in. Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and select Sign out. Once you’ve signed out, sign back in to your account.

To open the built-in calculator, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “calc” and hit enter to open the calculator.

If you are facing issue with the calculator app, then you will be able to solve some problems by running a troubleshooter that will automatically fix some common issues with Windows Store Apps. Once this is done check the status.

Open the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View All.

Click on “Windows Store Apps” troubleshooter to fix problems with Windows Store Apps. Follow the on-screen directions to run this troubleshooter and restart the computer to check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

Upgraded to 365 and the Calculator Displays Calc Differently; Can We Change it Back?

1. Upgraded to 365 and the Calculator Displays Calc Differently; Can We Change it Back? - Similar Threads - Upgraded 365 Calculator

2. can we display desktop2 in extended monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    can we display desktop2 in extended monitor: Hi in win 10 we have multiple desktop option eg desktop1 and desktop2. can i add desktop2 in my extended monitor , in primary monitor the desktop one should remain the same . if it is available where is the option....
  3. can we change the pin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can we change the pin?: without messing everything up can i change my pin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-we-change-the-pin/6daa55fd-ab83-45ca-9a85-5b45078923d7
  4. can we change the pin?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can we change the pin?: without messing everything up can i change my pin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-we-change-the-pin/6daa55fd-ab83-45ca-9a85-5b45078923d7
  5. can we change the pin?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. calc - Calculator switching Alt+num Easter-features

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    calc - Calculator switching Alt+num Easter-features: TL/DR calc has keyboard combinations to access at least 7 types of calculators. ALT+H is a good way to reveal them. There are CTRL function combinations revealed with mouse-over when their functions are available Calc, the native Windows10 calculator allows these alt+key...
  7. Different Calculators in Windows

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Different Calculators in Windows: Hey can someone please help me?I would like to know what scientific calculators are present in windows and what scientific calculators can also be downloaded for windows...
  8. 3 Different CPU calculations

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    3 Different CPU calculations: The Task Manager, The Resource Monitor and the Xbox Game Bar Had all different CPUE calculations. How do i make them the same? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3-different-cpu-calculations/cbc68d8e-e50d-45f2-a967-f0a376a946e9
  9. Can we get this feature back?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can we get this feature back?: submitted by /u/Securitydude11 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/krbisx/can_we_get_this_feature_back/
  10. Difference with Used Size Calculations

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Difference with Used Size Calculations: Hi, I have been doing a little 'house keeping' and I noticed something a little odd. When I look at the properties of my D drive under 'This PC', it shows that the used space is 1.13TB (1,157GB). However, when I open the drive, sellect all items (all folders and files) and...