Windows 10: Upgraded to new iPhone and lost every account (dozens) in my authenticator app. Really need...

Discus and support Upgraded to new iPhone and lost every account (dozens) in my authenticator app. Really need... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Just as the title says, I upgraded to an iPhone 11 Pro Max today and after restoring from my last backup, I started logging in to several of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EXpoZuR563f6a34-4bdb-4826, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Upgraded to new iPhone and lost every account (dozens) in my authenticator app. Really need...

Just as the title says, I upgraded to an iPhone 11 Pro Max today and after restoring from my last backup, I started logging in to several of my accounts. I didn't get very far until I was asked to confirm my identity with an authenticator code. I opened my app like I have a million times before and there is nothing there. I try to click "Begin Recovery" but see the message that I don't have any recoveries with my Apple ID. I have no idea what to do. I am locked out of dozens of accounts right now because they're all requesting me to give them an authenticator code that I no longer have. I'm in desperate need of help. I've been navigating the maze that is Microsoft support to finally give up on any 1 on 1 help. This is my last shot, please help!

:)

EXpoZuR563f6a34-4bdb-4826, Sep 21, 2019
  2. poit57 Win User

Microsoft Account authentication

After more research, I have found my answer. It looks like the issue was that Microsoft released a new Microsoft Authenticator app with the features first introduced in Microsoft Authenticator Beta. The new app received a prompt to approve access to my Microsoft
    Account when signing on from a new PC, though I find it strange that the beta app wasn't directly upgraded to the new version of the app.

Microsoft now has three 2 step authentication apps available in the store for Windows 10 Mobile:

• Authenticator - original app from Windows Phone 8
    • Microsoft Authenticator Beta - originally released to Windows 10 users when Windows 10 Mobile was only available on the Windows Insider program.
    • Microsoft Authenticator - the official Windows 10 app no longer in beta

poit57, Sep 21, 2019
  3. Microsoft Account set to use 2 Factor Authentication & Authentication Phone App but it doesn't prompt for authentication when signing in to my Windows 10 PC locally or remotely (via RDP).

OK I created a 2nd Microsoft account and setup the Authentication App on an old phone I had lying around for 2-factor authentication.

Step 1

I logged into this website with that account and it prompted me with the Authentication App so 2 factor is setup correctly on the NEW Microsoft Account.

Step 2

I logged in on my Windows 10 PC with that NEW account and it also DOES NOT PROMPT for 2-Factor Authentication.

I tried to log in via RDP and, again, it DOES NOT PROMPT for 2-Factor.

My question remains unanswered.

TylerMason, Sep 21, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Upgraded to new iPhone and lost every account (dozens) in my authenticator app. Really need...

Microsoft Authenticator – Coming August 15th 2016

Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter[/quote]

Brink, Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

Upgraded to new iPhone and lost every account (dozens) in my authenticator app. Really need...

1. Upgraded to new iPhone and lost every account (dozens) in my authenticator app. Really need... - Similar Threads - Upgraded iPhone lost

2. Need help with Authenticator on a new phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with Authenticator on a new phone: Hi, I had Authenticator on my old phone. Unfortunately, it was not backed up to a personal account.I now have a new phone and none of my Authenticator partners are accessible.My company IT cannot help and is asking me to work with partner companies, but they just tell me to...
  3. Need help with Authenticator on a new phone

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need help with Authenticator on a new phone: Hi, I had Authenticator on my old phone. Unfortunately, it was not backed up to a personal account.I now have a new phone and none of my Authenticator partners are accessible.My company IT cannot help and is asking me to work with partner companies, but they just tell me to...
  4. Authenticator app can not be registered on a new iPhone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Authenticator app can not be registered on a new iPhone: The authenticator app can not be registered on a new iPhone, the QR code can not be found. No other sign-in option has been set previously eg. via phone number Can not sign in to the security info page and change the sign-in method due to it asks to enter verification codes...
  5. Authenticator app can not be registered on a new iPhone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Authenticator app can not be registered on a new iPhone: The authenticator app can not be registered on a new iPhone, the QR code can not be found. No other sign-in option has been set previously eg. via phone number Can not sign in to the security info page and change the sign-in method due to it asks to enter verification codes...
  6. How do I set Authenticator to be active on my new iPhone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I set Authenticator to be active on my new iPhone?: I installed the MS Authenticator on my old iPhone and I just got a new one. All my apps transferred smoothly, including Authenticator, so I just figured once I log into the app on the new phone that would take place of my old phone, but that didn’t happen.So when I need to...
  7. How do I set Authenticator to be active on my new iPhone?

How do I set Authenticator to be active on my new iPhone?: I installed the MS Authenticator on my old iPhone and I just got a new one. All my apps transferred smoothly, including Authenticator, so I just figured once I log into the app on the new phone that would take place of my old phone, but that didn’t happen.So when I need to...
  8. Microsoft Authenticator - iPhone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Authenticator - iPhone: Moving from an iPhone to an iPhone - my google Authentator app moved the account and the codes across perfectly.The Microsoft Authenticator app commenced the backup recovery process and then tells me the Microsoft account on phone 1, which has a backup via iCloud is not an...
  9. Microsoft Authenticator - iPhone

Microsoft Authenticator - iPhone: Moving from an iPhone to an iPhone - my google Authentator app moved the account and the codes across perfectly.The Microsoft Authenticator app commenced the backup recovery process and then tells me the Microsoft account on phone 1, which has a backup via iCloud is not an...
  10. Lost iphone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost iphone: My new iPhone 6 has been misplaced. The battery is dead...it is "locked" and offline. It is around my house somewhere. Please advise Thank You, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-iphone/e8548f60-ede3-4d50-90ba-c388ac64f021"