Windows 10: Upgraded to Pro and no key

Discus and support Upgraded to Pro and no key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I just upgrade to windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft Store and Windows says it is the Enterprise version and no key to activate it. What do I do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by LEMurphy, Oct 8, 2019.

1. LEMurphy Win User

Upgraded to Pro and no key

I just upgrade to windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft Store and Windows says it is the Enterprise version and no key to activate it. What do I do?

:)

LEMurphy, Oct 8, 2019

2. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 8, 2019
  3. Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

This is what I used

"

Follow these steps to upgrade from Windows 10 Home if you have a Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 8 Pro, Windows 8 Pro Pack, Windows 8.1 Pro, or Windows 8.1 Pro Pack product key:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings >
      Update & security
      > Activation.
    • Select Change product key, and then enter this 25-character default product key:

VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

Important

This default product key will upgrade your device to Windows 10 Pro, but won't activate it.

• Select Next to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.
    • After your device is upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, you'll need to activate Windows. Select the Start button, then select
      Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Change product key, and then enter your 25-character Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 8 Pro, Windows 8 Pro Pack, Windows 8.1 Pro, or Windows 8.1 Pro Pack product key.
    • Select Next to activate Windows 10 Pro.
    "

GrahameBarclay, Oct 8, 2019
  4. YOU
    You Win User

Advice required - Post Upgrade - Suspect Pro 2 is Bricked

Before try that, have tried resetting the UEFI options?

To reset the Surface Pro to the default UEFI settings, follow these steps:

• Press the Power button and the Volume Up button at same time while are starting the Surface Pro device.
    • Set Trusted Platform Module (TPM) to enabled.
    • Set Secure Boot Control to enabled.
    • Press Install Default Secure Boot keys.
    • Press Exit setup, and then save the changes.

Thema:

1. Upgraded to Pro and no key - Similar Threads - Upgraded Pro key

2. Windows 10 Pro Key not Upgrading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro Key not Upgrading: I purchased a Windows 10 Pro key from a third party seller and when I tried to upgrade my Windows 10 Home via activation, I received an error of 0xc004f050. From what I have seen online via Microsoft Support, this can be one of three issues with one of those issues being that...
  3. Windows 10 Pro Key not Upgrading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro Key not Upgrading: I purchased a Windows 10 Pro key from a third party seller and when I tried to upgrade my Windows 10 Home via activation, I received an error of 0xc004f050. From what I have seen online via Microsoft Support, this can be one of three issues with one of those issues being that...
  4. Windows 10 Pro Key not Upgrading

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Pro upgrade key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro upgrade key: Hi,I recently bought a HP Spectre 14 laptop with Windows 10 Home pre-installed. I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro online, paying almost US$135. Although my system upgraded to Win 10 Pro, I didn't receive any activation key etc. Does that mean I cannot use this license to upgrade...
  6. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade key

Windows 10 Pro Upgrade key: I recently reset my PC and it downgraded back to Windows 10 Home instead of going back to Windows 10 Pro . I never got the software key i purchased from Microsoft after the purchase. Is it possible to get the key and reload the upgrade?...
  7. Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro with Windows 8.1 Pro Key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro with Windows 8.1 Pro Key?: Hi all. I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but I will give it a shot. I'm building a new pc and I'm looking for the most cost effective way to get a legal, non-gray-market, Windows 10 licence. My university is selling Windows 8.1 Pro keys at a student discount....
  8. Pro Upgrade Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pro Upgrade Key: I have shown a clean on my credit card account, but never received a product key. Whom do I speak with to get my key so I can complete the upgade to Pro??? TIA jeff https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pro-upgrade-key/6ae3717f-b16d-4b6f-9b9b-18fdfde04b90
  9. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade key

Windows 10 Pro Upgrade key: I had Windows 10 Home edition. Last year I bought an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro Order number 2093804034 I elected to join the Windows Insider Program (to get DX12 ahead of time) and this all worked fine. I then upgraded my Motherboard and CPU and now it says I must...
  10. Windows 7 Pro MAK Key and Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 7 Pro MAK Key and Upgrade: I am the admin for a small non-profit. We do not have a Volume License key per se, but we do have a MAK license key. Some of our laptops have been popping up with the "reserve your Windows 10" box. How would this work, considering we use a MAK key? I'm assuming the upgrade...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 8 suddenly upgraded to pro and asks for activation key

2. upgraded to windows pro but no serial number