Windows 10: upgraded to the newest version but did it wrong

Discus and support upgraded to the newest version but did it wrong in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there, I recently upgraded my 1607 version to the latest version of Windows but I didn't do it correctly, I did it how one of your techs online... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Crazylittl3liza, May 26, 2019.

1. upgraded to the newest version but did it wrong

Hi there,

I recently upgraded my 1607 version to the latest version of Windows but I didn't do it correctly, I did it how one of your techs online showed me how to do it. I did not create a back up nor a bootable copy of the Windows I was installing etc we simply put the media creation tool on my desktop and upgraded it from there. It runs ok, I am having some issues like I've lost the use of my mouse, touchpad etc but nothing major. I would like to know how to downgrade it and do it correctly or if I should at this point? It's an old Toshiba that was running a 32 bit and the upgraded version is a 64 bit I don't know if we did everything correctly, Please help!

Thanks in advance

Liza Michelle

Toshiba Satellite S55t-A5237 Originally running windows 8.1 upgraded to windows 10 32bit (when I got it I had no idea it originally was running windows 8.1)

:)

Crazylittl3liza, May 26, 2019
  2. aronchick Win User

Stuck in Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer seems to be stuck in a Windows 10 failed upgrade loop. I was running fine on a beta version of Windows 10, and then I came downstairs one morning to see it repeatedly booting, attempting to repair, then rebooting. The steps I've taken to diagnose are:

• Attempting to boot off a USB drive (with all drives disabled in BIOS) - this fails at the point of the blue windows screen
    • Attempting to boot the machine itself and getting into "repair/safe mode" using F7
    • Looking at the BIOS for obvious failures (e.g. RAM that should be there is missing) - nothing obvious is wrong.

I am fairly certain the build version was 9926. For many months, the system would attempt to upgrade, and then say "it failed" for some reason and roll back.

Suggestions for next steps?

aronchick, May 26, 2019
  3. Upgrade to newest version of Windows 10, error code 0x80070005.

Hi David,

From the above description, I understand you are getting error code 0x80070005 on the computer. Please reply to a few questions asked below for better understanding and further assistance on the issue:

• When exactly are you getting the error code?

• Did you upgrade to “newest version of Windows 10”?

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 26, 2019
  4. upgraded to the newest version but did it wrong

windows 10 the newest upgrade version

look i really like windows newest upgrade version but i can not stand all the built in apps that came with it . after all this is my computer . now i want to uninstall all these built in apps that the developers have places in the newest upgrade . so how
    can some one like me delete them

Bruce EEverett, May 26, 2019
Thema:

upgraded to the newest version but did it wrong

1. upgraded to the newest version but did it wrong - Similar Threads - upgraded newest version

2. the newest version of wind

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    the newest version of wind: Hello hope u doing well So i installed windows 10 pro and i find out that the version is 1803 and i wnat to download 21h2 (the latest version of windows) I tried to download it from the settings and it didn't update so any solution submitted by /u/houssem21 [link]...
  3. Did I Accidently Buy the Wrong Game Version?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Did I Accidently Buy the Wrong Game Version?: I bought Minecraft on the Microsoft Store to play on my pc: https://www.microsoft.com/en-za/p/minecraft/9nblggh537bl#activetab=pivot:overviewtabBut when I click on the Install on my devices button, it says: "It looks like you don't have any applicable devices linked to your...
  4. Did the Newest Update Delete the LCU Folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    Did the Newest Update Delete the LCU Folder?: After receiving the latest win 10 update 2 days ago I checked C:\Windows\servicing\LCU to see if there were any residual update files I would normally find to delete them to clear storage. But theres no LCU folder there. Did the newest update delete or move that folder? 167480
  5. my amd graphics card isnt upgrading to the newest version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my amd graphics card isnt upgrading to the newest version: so basically, my graphics driver is horridly out of date and when I try update to a newer version it says "unable to get installer file to open requested page, I tried deleting the driver and installing the newer one from scratch, but it wont run the 'the guru of 3d' ddu, I...
  6. Newest Drivers not compatible with newest version windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Newest Drivers not compatible with newest version windows: Got a major problem today. i just update my GeForce GTX 1050 Ti driver to the latest last week. and just update windows to latest update posible today. and suddenly my graphic drivers is not compitible with windows. i cant reroll to previous version of windows because...
  7. How to upgrade from very old to old Win10 version (not NOT newest)?

How to upgrade from very old to old Win10 version (not NOT newest)?: Assume I have a notebook with Win10 v1803. Now I would like to upgrade this Win10 to ONLY (!) Win10 v1903 but NOT the newest v1909. Is this possible? How can I avoid beeing upgraded to newest v1909? Peter 145113
  8. Updated to newest version of Mbam but ....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Updated to newest version of Mbam but ....: Still getting the below message on my user account even with Mbam rules downloaded and applied. Doesn't happen on Admin account , i guess i have to download Mbam rules for the "user account" as well . I uninstalled correctly and restarted as requested but still seeing...
  9. Have I upgraded to the wrong version?

Have I upgraded to the wrong version?: Hi there, I've just bought a new laptop: a Lenovo Z51, Windows 8.1, 8GB RAM. I've immediately upgraded it to Windows 10. I had a few problems on the way, but I thought I'd finally got there. (One thing I haven't sorted is activation, but I'll contact the company I...
  10. Have I upgraded to wrong version of 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Have I upgraded to wrong version of 10?: I'm not too happy with 10 and wanted to roll back to 8.1 but when I tried everything worked perfectly till the last moment when I was left with a black screen. I gave windows Tech permission to access my PC and they tried it - same result. I was called back and told to call...