Windows 10: Upgraded to Win 10, now I can not install or remove anything on my computer

Discus and support Upgraded to Win 10, now I can not install or remove anything on my computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I upgraded from win 101 home to win 10 pro from a Microsoft HP Site a few months ago and it looked like it installed as when I checked my system menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by johnferrara4, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Upgraded to Win 10, now I can not install or remove anything on my computer

I upgraded from win 101 home to win 10 pro from a Microsoft HP Site a few months ago and it looked like it installed as when I checked my system menu it showed win 10. A few weeks ago I wanted to install some new items but when I tried to install I received a new window from M/S asking for my admin password, I have this desktop for over a year and I have never seen this message before. To make this short and sweet, I can not change my password or make any changes to my computer cannot even format the drives. In effect it has made the computer into a monitor. I have been able to trace it back to7/20/20 when I upgraded to win 10 pro. The whole problem is that it wants is an administrative P/W but I can not make one because I don't have admin privilege's. I am in a catch 22 situation. Is there any way that I can reverse this, if so try and make it simple as I am old and slow and I do not talk computer language, but I do understand 3 or more hundred dollars to try and fix it. one other thing as I was trying to fix this I came across a win tool app that checks my system programs and it listed win10 pro installed but not activated, I worked on this for a few weeks but I do not have admin privilege's !!!

:)

johnferrara4, Sep 26, 2020

2. Upgrade from 8.1 to Win 10

Hi Roy,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this laptop compatible with Windows 10?
    • Are there drivers for Windows 10 for this laptop on HP website?

I would suggest you to temporarily disable/un-install any HP's software if you have installed.

Also, I would suggest you to start the upgrade by un-installing the updated drivers and installing basic windows drivers.

Follow the steps mentioned below:

• Right on the start icon and click on device manager

• Expand Network/Device adapters, Select the adapter, right click and click on un-install.

• Restart the computer.

Now start the upgrade from an ISO and see if that helps.

Hope this helps.

Waseemulla S, Sep 26, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Sep 26, 2020
  4. lse123 Win User

Upgraded to Win 10, now I can not install or remove anything on my computer

is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool said all OK and continued OK with upgrade... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all OK for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?
    and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

lse123, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

Upgraded to Win 10, now I can not install or remove anything on my computer

1. Upgraded to Win 10, now I can not install or remove anything on my computer - Similar Threads - Upgraded install remove

2. Tried to re-install Windows 10 and now can not get computer to do anything.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Tried to re-install Windows 10 and now can not get computer to do anything.: I went to do a factory restore, and it was unable to complete the function. I only had a few things on there, so I was doing a complete clean of all documents. I followed all prompts and yet, after waiting for almost an hour, it would come back and say that it could not...
  3. i can not save anything on my computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i can not save anything on my computer.: i can not save anything on my computer. a pop up ask if i am sure i want to make changes to my computer. the pop up only has NO. it does not show YES....
  4. Can I remove computers upgraded to WIndows 10 Pro from my account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I remove computers upgraded to WIndows 10 Pro from my account?: Hi, I've set up a computer for another person and upgraded to Windows 10 pro within my account. Once the upgrade is complete the computer has been wiped and then signed in with the O365 user to use 10 Pro. Can I remove this computer from my account or will it remove the...
  5. I made a mistake and now my computer wont to anything

in Windows 10 Customization
    I made a mistake and now my computer wont to anything: So i was basically trying to install a program, but after trying a few different things i made the mistake of resetting EVERY windows service. Now my comupter wont connect to the internet, cortana, and i tried to press the “get help” button but whem i do nothing happens (im...
  6. i can not upgrade win 10

i can not upgrade win 10: [IMG] [ATTACH] as in pics i want to upgrade win 10 but there is a message always show up (1st pic) it wants me to uninstall avira antivirus which i already uninstalled it i want help if someone can...
  7. How can I re-install my free upgraded win 10?

How can I re-install my free upgraded win 10?: Hi About 2 years ago, I upgrade my genuine copy of Win 7 to Win 10 from Microsoft's site directly for free, but after some month I uninstall it because of some errors. Now I want to know how can I install Win 10 for free again on the same computer? I have only my product key...
  8. Can I upgrade my computer after Win 10 install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I upgrade my computer after Win 10 install: I upgraded 2 tablets and 2 laptops from Win 7/8.1 to 10 and so far so good. Even the wife likes it (that is huge). Now it's time to get Win10 onto my main/gaming computer (home build system). There are some things, I can't seem to find the answers to. What, how often and...
  9. Installed Win 7 on Mac. Can I get free Win 10 for an upgraded computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Installed Win 7 on Mac. Can I get free Win 10 for an upgraded computer: Hello, I installed Windows 7 Professional 64bit on the Windows partition of a Macbook Pro via Bootcamp. I am selling that computer and going to erase that Windows partition. I know that Win 7 can be upgraded to Win10 for free. Can I use this opportunity to get Win 10 for...
  10. Can I remove Win. 8 Recovery on D drive. I now have Win. 10

Can I remove Win. 8 Recovery on D drive. I now have Win. 10: I would like to Remove the D partition drive or remove just the Win. 8 information. from it. When I bought this system 3 yrs. ago it was Win. 8. I have since updated this computer to Win. 10 Anniversary Update. When I do a Image Backup on my External Hard Drive, it will also...