Windows 10: Upgraded to Win 10 Pro, but laptop needs repairs

Discus and support Upgraded to Win 10 Pro, but laptop needs repairs in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; With several hours of troubleshooting with no home remedy to my laptop issue, I may have to return the laptop not even 1 month of use. Can I refund the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by riorio3, Dec 10, 2020.

1. riorio3 Win User

Upgraded to Win 10 Pro, but laptop needs repairs

With several hours of troubleshooting with no home remedy to my laptop issue, I may have to return the laptop not even 1 month of use. Can I refund the Windows 10 Upgrade I just did to this laptop? Or can I reuse the license when I get the new laptop, and upgrade the OS again?

:)

riorio3, Dec 10, 2020
  2. PhilC985 Win User

Trying to upgrade to Win 10 Pro

I have Win 10 Home on my Lenovo laptop. I bought a Win 10 Pro For OEM software pack to upgrade to Win 10 Pro but my system didn’t accept the 25 character prod key. What should I do?

I’m trying to install the upgrade via DVD (which came with the pack) but I noticed it said during the process that it would install Win 10 Home on my laptop but I already have that. Any suggestions ?

PhilC985, Dec 10, 2020
  3. Win 10 Home to Pro upgrade

How do I upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro with a digital Licence. The in structions say

• If you have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, and Windows 10 Home is currently activated on your device, select
      Go to Microsoft Store and you'll be prompted to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free.

Fine, but how do I get a digital Licence for Win 10 PRo??

Going to Microsoft Store via the upgrade with digital licence link, provides no opton for upgrading.

Any solution??

JohnStorey11, Dec 10, 2020
  4. Upgraded to Win 10 Pro, but laptop needs repairs

Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?

I recently purchased a laptop that has an OEM version of Win 10 Home on it.

I verified this by using : slmgr -dli.

Previously I had purchased an OEM Win 10 Pro Key.

Can I use this OEM Win 10 Pro Key to upgrade the OEM Win 10 Home to the OEM Win 10 Pro.

If so what are the steps to accomplish this?

In addition, I assume that is this is possible, that the current product key will be updated to the new product key?

The reason I am asking this is that it's my understanding that these product keys are tied to the bios on a name brand laptop.

TIA

shockwaveriderz, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

Upgraded to Win 10 Pro, but laptop needs repairs

1. Upgraded to Win 10 Pro, but laptop needs repairs - Similar Threads - Upgraded Pro laptop

2. Win 10 pro repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 pro repair: Trying to install win 10 pro from media creation tool. There are 2 options upgrade and custom . I would like to keep all files and apps already installed , However when I click on upgrade I get a message saying that this option is not available when I start my computer using...
  3. Win 10 pro repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 pro repair: Trying to install win 10 pro from media creation tool. There are 2 options upgrade and custom . I would like to keep all files and apps already installed , However when I click on upgrade I get a message saying that this option is not available when I start my computer using...
  4. Win 10 pro repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. upgrade laptop from win 10 home to win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    upgrade laptop from win 10 home to win 10 pro: upgrade laptop from win 10 home to win 10 pro, my laptop with retail version of win 10 pro died and i wish to transfer reail win 10 pro to replacement laptop that has wn 10 oem home. the key i hqave is only the generic ......3V66T how will microsoft now that i had the...
  6. upgrade laptop from win 10 home to win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrade laptop from win 10 home to win 10 pro: upgrade laptop from win 10 home to win 10 pro, my laptop with retail version of win 10 pro died and i wish to transfer reail win 10 pro to replacement laptop that has wn 10 oem home. the key i hqave is only the generic ......3V66T how will microsoft now that i had the...
  7. upgrade laptop from win 10 home to win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Win 10 repair upgrade

Win 10 repair upgrade: I have downloaded win10 1803 esd file.I have to perform a repair upgrade. What are the steps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/win-10-repair-upgrade/91639901-0ec0-4ce2-ab0e-4e9f3ce256c7
  9. Win 10 upgrade to Win 10 pro.

Win 10 upgrade to Win 10 pro.: How can i upgrade from win 10 to win 10 pro? How much will it cost? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/win-10-upgrade-to-win-10-pro/a9582518-7671-426f-8904-7f0da791eb6d
  10. Need to upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

Need to upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: My first PC I upgraded did not upgrade to Pro. So I want to download the media for Pro, and upgrade with it. When I go to the MS site to download, it does not offer me a selection of versions to download. Can anyone suggest where to find the Pro Win 10 download, or a...