Windows 10: Upgraded to win 11 can't seem to roll back to win 10 on my gateway laptop blue screen loop...

Discus and support Upgraded to win 11 can't seem to roll back to win 10 on my gateway laptop blue screen loop... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've upgraded to win 11, I didn't like it Trying to roll back to 10 and the bit locker that came with win 10 won't work stuck in loop of blue screen.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JamahlThompson, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Upgraded to win 11 can't seem to roll back to win 10 on my gateway laptop blue screen loop...

I've upgraded to win 11, I didn't like it Trying to roll back to 10 and the bit locker that came with win 10 won't work stuck in loop of blue screen. Inaccessible boot device. gateway laptop put in my bit locker key, and it won't take it it says incorrect recovery key fail from there it has been taking me on the blue and black screen loop.

:)

JamahlThompson, Jan 29, 2023
  2. Megahertz Win User

Switching from Win 10 to Win 11

I suggest you do a drive image backup of your current win 10 drive.

I had some issues with Win 11 and I roll back using the Win10 image.

As you don't have a Win 11 supported CPU, you have to tweak the Win 11 installation files.
    How to upgrade from Win11 21h2 to Win 11 22h2 - A guide | Windows 11 Forum
    It is the same process to upgrade from win 10

Megahertz, Jan 29, 2023
  3. DJG
    DJG Win User
    Switching from Win 10 to Win 11

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll be getting new MB and CPU when I move to Win11. And I always do system volume image backups after I successfully update Windows so no problem there *Smile.

Cheers!

4. Upgraded to win 11 can't seem to roll back to win 10 on my gateway laptop blue screen loop...

laptop win 11 incompatible, but attempts to reinstall at every reboot.

I Know my laptop is NOT compatible with windows 11.

(I have no TPM2.0 option visible in bios)

My Processor

( Intel Core i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50Ghz)

whilst being above min. spec,

is not currently supported either.

I therefore, obviously have NO intention of attempting to upgrade to Win 11.

The machine has other ideas !

Auto-download has already downloaded, and attempted to/failed to install win 11, multiple times.

Reading various comments elsewhere, At this point I should have been presented with the option:

"Do not install windows 11" .

I have not had this option, or I would have clicked on it !

I do still however need to download windows 10 updates, at least whilst still supported.

Automatic Downloads has been manually set to "off", in registry, and saved as such.

Machine continues to ignore this, and is constantly downloading updates, regardless.

Constantly Stuck in the following loop:

"Windows was unable to update to windows 11. Reboot machine to roll back update".

If I then hit reboot, and leave it alone to restart, it then stays on the updating (With timer spinning) screen for hours.

If I hold PWR Button, to kill it. then manually reboot, it then restarts without this loop.

I shouldn't need to do this every time I want to get in !

How can I get out of this stupid loop?

which update contains the windows 11 upgrade? There is nothing in the "Uninstall an Update" list, suggesting which one it is.

Can someone offer a step by step please, which DOES NOT include the usual "Pause updates" routine, as that method has been tried, unsuccessfully.

Regards.

Gary Armitage, Jan 29, 2023
Thema:

Upgraded to win 11 can't seem to roll back to win 10 on my gateway laptop blue screen loop...

1. Upgraded to win 11 can't seem to roll back to win 10 on my gateway laptop blue screen loop... - Similar Threads - Upgraded can't seem

2. Upgraded to win 11 can't seem to roll back to win 10 on my gateway laptop blue screen loop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded to win 11 can't seem to roll back to win 10 on my gateway laptop blue screen loop...: I've upgraded to win 11, I didn't like it Trying to roll back to 10 and the bit locker that came with win 10 won't work stuck in loop of blue screen. Inaccessible boot device. gateway laptop put in my bit locker key, and it won't take it it says incorrect recovery key fail...
  3. my laptop upgraded to win 11 but all my programs are in win 10i need to get win 10 back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop upgraded to win 11 but all my programs are in win 10i need to get win 10 back: see subject above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-upgraded-to-win-11-but-all-my-programs/b83eb2e8-cb1e-4bd4-bdc5-d05cf6c12211
  4. my laptop upgraded to win 11 but all my programs are in win 10i need to get win 10 back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my laptop upgraded to win 11 but all my programs are in win 10i need to get win 10 back: see subject above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-upgraded-to-win-11-but-all-my-programs/b83eb2e8-cb1e-4bd4-bdc5-d05cf6c12211
  5. my laptop upgraded to win 11 but all my programs are in win 10i need to get win 10 back

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Endless Blue Screen Loop - Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Endless Blue Screen Loop - Win 10: I have an ASUS Notebook N61Jq which was running on Windows 10. The 1/25/2021 update worked fine. Ever since attempts to make any future updates prompted an endless blue screen loop that results critical process died error windows 10 and shuts down. I've used the command...
  7. Endless Blue Screen Loop - Win 10

Endless Blue Screen Loop - Win 10: I have an ASUS Notebook N61Jq which was running on Windows 10. The 1/25/2021 update worked fine. Ever since attempts to make any future updates prompted an endless blue screen loop that results critical process died error windows 10 and shuts down. I've used the command...
  8. Endless Blue Screen Loop - Win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Upgraded to Win 11 - didnt like it - rolled back to Win 10 Now it continues to download and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded to Win 11 - didnt like it - rolled back to Win 10 Now it continues to download and...: Hi All,As per the subject. My wife inadvertently chose to update to Win11 , turned out not so good. She did the rollback to Win 10 - perfect. Except the computer now wishes to "demand" to upgrade to Win11.The question is, how do we stop it from demanding the upgrade?Feeling...
  10. Upgraded to Win 11 - didnt like it - rolled back to Win 10 Now it continues to download and...

Upgraded to Win 11 - didnt like it - rolled back to Win 10 Now it continues to download and...: Hi All,As per the subject. My wife inadvertently chose to update to Win11 , turned out not so good. She did the rollback to Win 10 - perfect. Except the computer now wishes to "demand" to upgrade to Win11.The question is, how do we stop it from demanding the upgrade?Feeling...