Windows 10: Upgraded to win10, then reverted back. Am I still registered?

Discus and support Upgraded to win10, then reverted back. Am I still registered? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an HP Pavilion laptop that came with Win 8.1 installed. Last year, I upgraded it to Win 10, and the upgrade went smoothly, but the HDMI out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by brocks, Jul 22, 2016.

1. brocks Win User

Upgraded to win10, then reverted back. Am I still registered?

I have an HP Pavilion laptop that came with Win 8.1 installed. Last year, I upgraded it to Win 10, and the upgrade went smoothly, but the HDMI out didn't work any more. Since I use that a lot, and I couldn't find an easy solution for it, I used the recover feature to revert back to Win 8.1.

I plan to try Win10 again when the new edition comes out in August, but I'm aware of the July 29 deadline to upgrade to Win 10 in order for the upgrade to be free.

Am I correct in assuming that when I upgraded to Win 10 last year, that I'm now permanently registered with Microsoft, and I can wait until August to upgrade to the new version? Or do I have to be running Win10 before July 29 in order for the new version to be free? I don't want to install the thing twice in two weeks if I don't have to.

Thanks for any help.

:)

brocks, Jul 22, 2016

2. Revert back to Windows 7 from Windows 10; issues with Nvidia video card

Original title: Go back to Windows 7

I just upgraded to Win10 from Win7,and I am having issues with my Nvidia video card. I'd like to revert to Win7, but don't want to rule out an upgrade to Win10 in the future. If I revert, will I still be to get the free Win10 upgrade?

Euthenasia, Jul 22, 2016
  3. Upgraded to Windows 10 and then reverted back to Windows 8.1 and issues

Has anyone had a similar issue? Should I just go back to Windows 10? I didn't like it, but at least programs still worked.

I'm so frustrated, none of my apps work. I can't even open up a mail app....

Courtney - 2007, Jul 22, 2016
  4. Upgraded to win10, then reverted back. Am I still registered?

You "should" be fine. Can't say 100% now, but your PC should have gotten a digital entitlement for Windows 10, via the free upgrade. Assuming you upgraded and activated. You don't lose the digital entitlement when you do the rollback.

alphanumeric, Jul 22, 2016
  5. brocks Win User
    Thanks, I'll wait for the new version.

brocks, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Upgraded to win10, then reverted back. Am I still registered?

1. Upgraded to win10, then reverted back. Am I still registered? - Similar Threads - Upgraded win10 reverted

2. I upgraded to windows 11 and everything was deleted so I reverted back and it's still gone,help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I upgraded to windows 11 and everything was deleted so I reverted back and it's still gone,help: All my stuff has been deleted and I cannot access anything, all shortcuts are broken, nothing works but in file explorer my drives are still full. please help I'm very stressed right now....
  3. I upgraded to windows 11 and everything was deleted so I reverted back and it's still gone,help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I upgraded to windows 11 and everything was deleted so I reverted back and it's still gone,help: All my stuff has been deleted and I cannot access anything, all shortcuts are broken, nothing works but in file explorer my drives are still full. please help I'm very stressed right now....
  4. I upgraded to windows 11 and everything was deleted so I reverted back and it's still gone,help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Revert back to Win10 Build 20H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Revert back to Win10 Build 20H2: Hello Experts, I am currently running Win10 Enterprise Build 21H1. Since being updated to this build, it has prevented my Automation software for working correctly.The Automation Software Tech Support has stated that their software is compatibly with Win10 Enterprise Build...
  6. Revert back to Win10 Build 20H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Revert back to Win10 Build 20H2: Hello Experts, I am currently running Win10 Enterprise Build 21H1. Since being updated to this build, it has prevented my Automation software for working correctly.The Automation Software Tech Support has stated that their software is compatibly with Win10 Enterprise Build...
  7. Revert back to Win10 Build 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Win10 reverted back to Win7

Win10 reverted back to Win7: A few years ago, I redeemed the free Win10 offer and upgraded my computer. Previously, I was using Win7 I believe the previous Win7 installation was kept on a petition on one of my internal hard drives, whilst the new Win10 installation was kept on my SSD. Just today,...
  9. revert from Win10 upgrade to Win7

revert from Win10 upgrade to Win7: This is essentially a FYI post. I recently decided to upgrade from my Win7 pro to Win10 pro because I got an announcement that one of my programs (TurboTax) would not install or run on Win7 next year. I did this using some links / tutorials in this forum. They were pretty...
  10. upgrade to 10, revert to 7, then back to 10

upgrade to 10, revert to 7, then back to 10: I have upgraded all of my one-generation-back Win boxes, but want to ease into 10 at leisure. As I understand it, the registry is modified at the first upgrade to 10 with the activation "approval", but I am concerned that this will be lost upon reversion to the earlier...