Windows 10: Upgraded to Win10, wrong email listed at sign in

Discus and support Upgraded to Win10, wrong email listed at sign in in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My elderly grandpa who lives out of state upgraded to Windows 10. I don't know what he did, but at the sign in screen, it has a yahoo account that does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thegh0st81, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Upgraded to Win10, wrong email listed at sign in

My elderly grandpa who lives out of state upgraded to Windows 10. I don't know what he did, but at the sign in screen, it has a yahoo account that does not exist. I tried resetting the info for that yahoo account but it says the account doesn't exist. He does know his correct yahoo account which is apparently linked to his MS account. I can't seem to find out how to remove the non-existent login account in order to get him signed in with his actual account. Everything I'm seeing involves ISO's, CD's, or bootable recovery drives none of which he would have. Is there a way to correct his sign in account considering we're unable to log into Windows to begin with because it's asking him to sign into an account he doesn't have?

:)

thegh0st81, Aug 19, 2015
  2. Ernie San Win User

wrong email at sign in

Hello,

To resolve the issue with your user account information, we recommend deleting the account and recreate a new one.

You may check Likhitha V post
    here

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ernie San, Aug 19, 2015
  3. cindalu Win User
    wrong email at sign in

on my 8 yr old son's laptop with windows 10, when he turns it on it shows a log in screen that requires a password, but the email listed as the username (which is pre-entered) has .coom as the extension instead of .com. We can get no further than this
    screen, so how can I change this so either he doesn't need a password to log in or it shows the correct .com extension so we can use the associated password. This page has only popped up since we added my microsoft account to his computer to enable him
    to access and play minesweeper on his computer.

cindalu, Aug 19, 2015
  4. RWOne Win User

Upgraded to Win10, wrong email listed at sign in

Ok, so if it says the yahoo account doesn't exist; have you tried creating it instead of trying to obtain info on it instead?

Try creating that account. Then signing in. That would be the easiest thing to try first.
    If yahoo won't let you create it, then I'd call them to see if you can sort that part out.

RWOne, Aug 19, 2015
  5. Is there not a way to disassociate the yahoo account with his Windows 10 sign in, and use the actual account he used to purchase Windows with?

thegh0st81, Aug 19, 2015
  6. I should be more clear. When he boots up, he can't sign into Windows as the account listed is to a yahoo email address that doesn't exist, and none of his common p passwords will let him sign into Windows. We're hoping for a way to sign into Windows without that account.

thegh0st81, Aug 19, 2015
  7. RWOne Win User
    RWOne, Aug 19, 2015
  8. Upgraded to Win10, wrong email listed at sign in

Can you create a yahoo email account for him, give him the yahoo email password and then it will work?

I just signed into my microsoft account using that link, and I see my associated PC listed.
    What would happen if I "remove pc"?
    How will that affect my login to win10?

Currently I login with my email and email password, which I dont know if I like that.
    I actually would prefer no login, it just boots up with no password like it always used to do.

Other odd thing is, I changed the background image on one win 10 pc, then when I log into a different win10 pc, the background matched the first one.

sdowney717, Aug 19, 2015
  9. Thanks dude, this actually got him in -- gonna use teamviewer to hop on in a bit and fix him up. Thanks again.

thegh0st81, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Upgraded to Win10, wrong email listed at sign in

1. Upgraded to Win10, wrong email listed at sign in - Similar Threads - Upgraded Win10 wrong

2. One Drive Sign In showing wrong email.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive Sign In showing wrong email.: On my PC it says I'm not signed into my one drive but when I try to sign in the only option it has for emails is my dad's email, I've signed in through my PCs settings into my Microsoft account. Before I signed into the PC with my account my dad was signed into the PC his...
  3. One Drive Sign In showing wrong email.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive Sign In showing wrong email.: On my PC it says I'm not signed into my one drive but when I try to sign in the only option it has for emails is my dad's email, I've signed in through my PCs settings into my Microsoft account. Before I signed into the PC with my account my dad was signed into the PC his...
  4. One Drive Sign In showing wrong email.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Obtaining recovery pin when wrong email is listed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Obtaining recovery pin when wrong email is listed: My laptop is requesting a pin. I’ve only used a password to log in. The recovery email is incorrect. I cannot log in to use it and cannot get recovery. I am able to access microstructure on another device with my real email. How can I bypass this to use my laptop....
  6. Obtaining recovery pin when wrong email is listed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Obtaining recovery pin when wrong email is listed: My laptop is requesting a pin. I’ve only used a password to log in. The recovery email is incorrect. I cannot log in to use it and cannot get recovery. I am able to access microstructure on another device with my real email. How can I bypass this to use my laptop....
  7. Obtaining recovery pin when wrong email is listed

8. Wrong email address for signing in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong email address for signing in: I'm signing into my account everywhere using a personal email address me@mydomain which is set as my primary and only sign-in alias at account.live.com/signinpreferences. But, when I go to account.microsoft.com/profile under account info, it insists that my other *** Email...
  9. Wrong email address for signing in

Wrong email address for signing in: I'm signing into my account everywhere using a personal email address me@mydomain which is set as my primary and only sign-in alias at account.live.com/signinpreferences. But, when I go to account.microsoft.com/profile under account info, it insists that my other *** Email...
  10. Change Administrator Email - Signed in with wrong email ID

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change Administrator Email - Signed in with wrong email ID: Hi, I recently received a laptop from my university running Windows 10 Pro Education. I do not know much about computers so please bear with me. When signing in to the laptop I signed in with another email ID instead of the ID that I had provided my University with. Now, it...