Windows 10: Upgraded to Windows 10 and the only thing I could pin to start menu was "Microsoft Office"...

Discus and support Upgraded to Windows 10 and the only thing I could pin to start menu was "Microsoft Office"... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Upgraded to Windows 10 and the only thing I could pin to start menu was "Microsoft Office" which is some subscription thing for Office 365. I have full... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tlw54, Dec 9, 2019.

1. tlw54 Win User

Upgraded to Windows 10 and the only thing I could pin to start menu was "Microsoft Office"...

Upgraded to Windows 10 and the only thing I could pin to start menu was "Microsoft Office" which is some subscription thing for Office 365. I have full version of Office 2013 and want to remove anything related to Office 365 and pin the components of Office 2013 to start menu. How can I do this? I have made desktop ICONs for each component, but when I got to the individual ICON and select pin to start menu, nothing happens.

:)

tlw54, Dec 9, 2019
  2. scevism Win User
    scevism, Dec 9, 2019
  3. How to pin shortcut to start menu.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you would like to know how to pin short cut to start menu.

I would suggest you to refer to the article given below if you are using Windows 7.

Pin a program to the Start menu

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Pin-a-program-to-the-Start-menu

And if you are using Windows 10 then I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

Pin apps to Start

Pin the apps you use most often to the Start menu. Here's how:

• Go to Start > All Apps.
    • Press and hold (or right-click) an app.
    • Select Pin to Start.

Hope this helps. Please let us know the results. We will be happy to assist you further.

Mayank Gupta10, Dec 9, 2019
  4. Upgraded to Windows 10 and the only thing I could pin to start menu was "Microsoft Office"...

Can't pin to start menu/taskbar (SOMETIMES)

Ok I have been having problem pinning to the start menu since upgrading from 8.1 Pro to 10 Pro but have been ignoring it but it finally can to rest as an annoying problem.

The other day I upgraded Office 2013 to Office 365. After the installation was complete none of the short cuts were in my start menu or the all app list. I found the directory where they were installed and start clicking Add to start and add to task bar.
    All the application pinned to start except Word, but I could pin it to the task bar. On the other account only a couple office application would pin to either. I ran a repair on office it did not help.

I was thinking it was a problem with office but now I am having other programs do this so it must be a Windows 10 issue (my computer).

Today I tried to pin Hyper-V manager to the start menu, it would not pin. Pinning to the taskbar worked just fine.

I can't really find a pattern to what will pin where and what won't.

I have run the scan disk and the repair and also the Dism cleanup-image and restorehealth.

Any other suggestions?

*** Edit

Ok looking a the file system the shortcuts seem to be there but I can't see them in the start menu. Is there a way to reset just the start menu or refresh it? I am assuming the shortcuts for the start menu are at the following location.

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

John J. Hughes II, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

Upgraded to Windows 10 and the only thing I could pin to start menu was "Microsoft Office"...

1. Upgraded to Windows 10 and the only thing I could pin to start menu was "Microsoft Office"... - Similar Threads - Upgraded thing pin

2. Odd thing on windows start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Odd thing on windows start menu: I was going to shut down my computer when I noticed these two things at the top of the start menu. Create a cookbook and get the latest forecast. They are not there after I have restarted the computer. Are these normal or a sign of a virus?...
  3. Odd thing on windows start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Odd thing on windows start menu: I was going to shut down my computer when I noticed these two things at the top of the start menu. Create a cookbook and get the latest forecast. They are not there after I have restarted the computer. Are these normal or a sign of a virus?...
  4. Odd thing on windows start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 Search Menu, but only with things that matter to me.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Search Menu, but only with things that matter to me.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/JoshJLMG [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/uctdh4/windows_10_search_menu_but_only_with_things_that/
  6. Pinning to start menu windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pinning to start menu windows 10: I have never had any problems pinning a web page to start menu before but obviously there have been some changes. I consulted several sites on the internet and they all say to click on the 3 dots in the top right corner and select pin to start from the drop down menu. It is...
  7. Some things in Windows Explorer won't Pin to Start Menu despite option

in Windows 10 Support
    Some things in Windows Explorer won't Pin to Start Menu despite option: There is the option on many things in windows expolorer, if you right click, "Pin to start" .. for instance.. say you have a folder you want to pin a shortcut to.. you right click that.. pin to start.. it should then appear in the start menu.. well on my system it doesnt.....
  8. Only "pin to start" (as a tile) and not "pin to start menu"?

in Windows 10 Support
    Only "pin to start" (as a tile) and not "pin to start menu"?: Hello! I haven't tried the previews but follow the development through blogs and YouTube. I am running 8.1 on all my PC's and love it. I've become used to the start screen and tiles but was under the impression that the new start menu in 10 would make it possible to pin...
  9. One thing I miss is the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    One thing I miss is the start menu: Overall I love Windows 10 however there is one feature that I really miss from the Windows 7 start menu. In the Windows 7 start menu if you had an application visible in the start menu when you hovered over it you would see a list of the recently used documents for that...
  10. Upgrade and Windows 10 start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade and Windows 10 start menu: Hello guys, I haven't installed windows 10 yet as I'm waiting for my computer to prompt me to upgrade, it did say something about my Intel drivers were not compatible but that message has now gone but it still is saying the upgrade is on the way. My question is if the...