Windows 10: Upgraded to Windows 10, but Windows 10 isn’t Activated after a reinstall

Discus and support Upgraded to Windows 10, but Windows 10 isn’t Activated after a reinstall in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] When Microsoft rolled out Windows 10, they offered a free upgrade to many from Windows 7 and Windows 8.1. This worked for those who had a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Nov 9, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

Upgraded to Windows 10, but Windows 10 isn’t Activated after a reinstall

WinClub, Nov 9, 2018

2. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Nov 9, 2018
  3. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Your ild keys should work but if you registered the key to your online ms persona (email address) it should be tied to your account , install without a key login with your credentials , then activate.

theoneandonlymrk, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Drone Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

Like Pill Monster said no more Windows 10 keys for Insiders. It was on Microsoft Blog they said that all that stuff is tied to one machine. You can upgrade anytime but never make a clean install. Those people who upgraded from 7 or 8.1 to 10 can do a clean install of RTM and post-RTM builds. A friend of mine upgraded from RTM to 10533 or whatever the latest post-RTM build is (and it activated just fine).

After all MS isn't stupid to give Windows 10 for free.

Drone, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Upgraded to Windows 10, but Windows 10 isn’t Activated after a reinstall - Similar Threads - Upgraded isn’t Activated

2. Windows 10 Activation after reinstalling

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activation after reinstalling: I had installed Windows 10 inside VirtualBox in LinuxMint. While Installing at 1st step, I had used my genuine Windows 7 key and continued with process. once installation is completed with Local User account login I am able to see Windows 10 is activated with message “Windows...
  3. Windows 10 Activation after reinstallation

Windows 10 Activation after reinstallation: I recently brought Laptop HP EliteBook thru eBay from a reseller.On receipt, I was performing a full reinstallation of Windows 10 Pro using the media available from HP. In the middle of installation, it gives this message if the internet is connected "Sign-in with your XXXX...
  4. Activating Windows 10 after reinstall

Activating Windows 10 after reinstall: I have ACER Nitro 5 AN515-54 with Windows 10 Home Single Language OEM preinstalled. For about a couple of months ago I have purchased Windows 10 Pro from MS Store. Today I reinstalled my laptop since I have a problem with it and now I'm getting back the Windows 10 Home, not...
  5. Activate windows 10 after reinstalling

Activate windows 10 after reinstalling: When I bought my laptop my windows 10 is pre-installed and activated. My question is if I ever want to reinstall windows 10 using the ISO file from the windows 10 website using a USB drive, how can I activate windows 10 again? InSettings -> Update & Security -> Activation is...
  6. windows 10 activation after reinstallation

windows 10 activation after reinstallation: I have a Windows 10 PC with a failing hard drive (corrupted boot sector makes the file system unrecognizable). I have tried to repair the boot sector unsucessfully. I can run chkdsk to repair the drive, and it becomes readable and it scans as fine, but on reboot it reverts to...
  7. Activate windows 10 after reinstalling

Activate windows 10 after reinstalling: Hello guys, I upgraded my windows 7 to Windows 10 in 2016, using the free upgrade offer. Recently I reinstalled Windows 10 from a USB drive and passed the installing using my old windows 7 product key. After finishing windows 10 installation, it doesn't activated. It should...
  8. Activating Windows 10 after reinstalling

Activating Windows 10 after reinstalling: Hi, I'm using a laptop, wich has pre installed Windows 10 Home 64 bit version (activated with a digital license and I'm using a local account). My question is if I have to reinstall the same version of windows for some reason how can I reactivate it. should I switch to my...
  9. WIndows 10 activation after reinstallation

WIndows 10 activation after reinstallation: Hello guys :) I'm willing to reinstall Windows 10 to my ASUS laptop using Windows Media Creation Tool via an USB drive. My laptop came with Windows 10. In settings, it says that Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account. My question is,...
  10. Reinstall Windows 10 after upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Windows 10 after upgrade: I used to have Win 7 and it was upgraded to Wİndows 10 for free previously. Now I'm going to upgrade some of my hardware, install a new pair of RAM and add an SDD. Therefore I need to reinstall windows 10 for the upgraded PC but I do not have a KEY for Windows 10 as it was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. upgraded with windows media creation tool but windows isnt activated