Windows 10: Upgraded to windows 10 can print but wont scan

Discus and support Upgraded to windows 10 can print but wont scan in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After upgrading to windows 10 from 8.1, my HP Laser Jet Pro MFP M29w will print but not scan. If there is nothing in the glass it will save an empty... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DarrolSheets, May 29, 2023.

1. Upgraded to windows 10 can print but wont scan

After upgrading to windows 10 from 8.1, my HP Laser Jet Pro MFP M29w will print but not scan. If there is nothing in the glass it will save an empty document. Crazy I know.*Moved from feedback.

:)

DarrolSheets, May 29, 2023
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 29, 2023
  3. ron bain Win User
    Canon MP495 will print but not scan after Windows 11 upgrade from Windows 10

Canon MP495 will print but not scan after Windows 11 upgrade from Windows 10. When attempting to scan error message appears " WIA driver needed". I have downloaded the correct driver from Canon but no success. Any suggestions?

ron bain, May 29, 2023
  4. Upgraded to windows 10 can print but wont scan

Printing stopped with November upgrade

Hey Prestonpdx,

I would suggest you check if the print spooler is running. Start/Stop print spooler service. Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc
      and press Enter.

• From the list, locate Print Spooler service.

• Double click on the service and select Stop.

• Restart the computer, repeat step 1&2.

• Double click on the service and check if the service is started.
    Get back to us with the updated status, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, May 29, 2023
Thema:

Upgraded to windows 10 can print but wont scan

1. Upgraded to windows 10 can print but wont scan - Similar Threads - Upgraded print wont

2. Upgraded to windows 10 can print but wont scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgraded to windows 10 can print but wont scan: After upgrading to windows 10 from 8.1, my HP Laser Jet Pro MFP M29w will print but not scan. If there is nothing in the glass it will save an empty document. Crazy I know.*Moved from feedback....
  3. Upgraded to windows 10 can print but wont scan

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgraded to windows 10 can print but wont scan: After upgrading to windows 10 from 8.1, my HP Laser Jet Pro MFP M29w will print but not scan. If there is nothing in the glass it will save an empty document. Crazy I know.*Moved from feedback....
  4. windows Fax and scan wont print or send recent files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows Fax and scan wont print or send recent files.: I use Windows 10. Everything has been working fine, This morning Windows fax and Scan stopped sending new fax or printing recent received fax. I can print older faxes .I can go to where the fax are stored on C drive and print those.I have read others some others say the same...
  5. windows Fax and scan wont print or send recent files.

windows Fax and scan wont print or send recent files.: I use Windows 10. Everything has been working fine, This morning Windows fax and Scan stopped sending new fax or printing recent received fax. I can print older faxes .I can go to where the fax are stored on C drive and print those.I have read others some others say the same...
  6. wont print

wont print: every time i send to printer i get an error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wont-print/abcbbaa8-79a6-410b-82ce-1e4240f97a9b
  7. Print & Scan Issues (Windows 10)

Print & Scan Issues (Windows 10): I recently replaced laptop and am now running Windows 10 (Home). I connected to my existing HP Scanner / Fax / Printer and am having quality issues... I am having letters randomly missing in the document. If I print directly the letters are missing... If I print from...
  8. can print but not scan

can print but not scan: my lenovo yoga laptop connects and prints to brother scanner but not scan. Help prompted me to add a scanning app from Windows but nothing changed. I get a message that it can't find a scanner. When I try to add the scanner there are no options for Brother....
  9. Printing and Scanning

Printing and Scanning: Why would my HP Office Jet pro 6978 suddenly print a vertical blue line on every document and a very thin horizontal line at the top? When I scan to computer through HP Scan and Capture, it shows up with the vertical blue line now. I have changed nothing in my settings....
  10. Printing but not Scanning

Printing but not Scanning: Hi everyone, I am using HP Deskjet Ink advantage 1515 and when I am trying to scan a page or a photo, the following error is showing: The HP Deskjet 1510 series was not found. This is something which happened today and never before. Although the error is showing that the...