Windows 10: Upgraded to windows 10 from 7 when 10 first came out and now it's saying my subscription is up.

Discus and support Upgraded to windows 10 from 7 when 10 first came out and now it's saying my subscription is up. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; What can I do about this? I paid for windows 7 pro years ago but lost the product key and when I downloaded the update for my personal pc I jumped at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by VenomMarowak, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Upgraded to windows 10 from 7 when 10 first came out and now it's saying my subscription is up.

What can I do about this? I paid for windows 7 pro years ago but lost the product key and when I downloaded the update for my personal pc I jumped at the chance to go to 10. Now, years after the advertised free upgrade I'm being asked to re-up a subscription? I wasn't aware windows 10 was a subscription service and this will effectively brick my main desktop. This is unfair and I want a solution to this as I can't afford to buy windows ten at the moment due to health issues. Any help will be appreciated.

:)

VenomMarowak, Feb 28, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 28, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Feb 28, 2019
  4. 64K
    64K Win User

Upgraded to windows 10 from 7 when 10 first came out and now it's saying my subscription is up.

Microsoft Reveals Windows 10 Variants

"Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro, will be offered as free-forever upgrades to users of equivalent variants of Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1, if they upgrade within the first year of Windows 10 launch. Those using pirated Windows 7 may find the upgrade "free," but Microsoft has a slew of anti-piracy measures in store, which kick in after the upgrade."

I took it that btarunr said "free-forever" because there was some confusion in the last article about Win 10 where some members thought he was saying it would be free for the first year and then they would have to buy it. If there is a subscription fee then I think it will apply to all, even the first year upgraders.

Thema:

Upgraded to windows 10 from 7 when 10 first came out and now it's saying my subscription is up.

1. Upgraded to windows 10 from 7 when 10 first came out and now it's saying my subscription is up. - Similar Threads - Upgraded came saying

2. Completed Upgrade From Windows 7 to 10 - Now No Sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Completed Upgrade From Windows 7 to 10 - Now No Sound: Tried uninstalling drivers. System says the 'best drivers for your system are installed. I don't even get the tones when I do the speaker test....
  3. Completed Upgrade From Windows 7 to 10 - Now No Sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Completed Upgrade From Windows 7 to 10 - Now No Sound: Tried uninstalling drivers. System says the 'best drivers for your system are installed. I don't even get the tones when I do the speaker test....
  4. Completed Upgrade From Windows 7 to 10 - Now No Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. WINDOWS 7 CAME WITH MY COMPUTER I UPGRADED TO WINDOWS 10 years ago.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOWS 7 CAME WITH MY COMPUTER I UPGRADED TO WINDOWS 10 years ago.: Now I have no "AUTHENTICATION NUMBER " to link QSL to a program I want to use?How do I buy windows 10 with an number ? Is this the only solution?Thank You in Advance for r help...
  6. i had upgraded when windows 10 came out from windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i had upgraded when windows 10 came out from windows 7: i had upgraded to windows 10 when windows 10 was offered upgrade for free ...now my hard drive is bad and im going to replace the harddrive will i still be able to upgrade to windows 10 for free once i get the new harddrive in and going...
  7. Upgraded from 7 to 10 but Windows 10 Says I need to Activate It.

Upgraded from 7 to 10 but Windows 10 Says I need to Activate It.: I want you to know that I did do my research but could not find the answer that I need. My Lenovo T430 laptop came pre-installed with Windows 7 64 when I bought it in 2012. My OS was/isfully legitimate. The only hardware that I upgraded was RAM and I switched out the hard...
  8. purchased windows 10 when it first came out. Can I use this copy to upgrade from windows 7 ?

purchased windows 10 when it first came out. Can I use this copy to upgrade from windows 7 ?: install windows 10 previously purchased. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/purchased-windows-10-when-it-first-came-out-can-i/f7c4057d-4478-4593-9df2-71ce6decdee7
  9. trying to reset a password on the oldest version of microsoft 10 ...when it first came out.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    trying to reset a password on the oldest version of microsoft 10 ...when it first came out.: My mother recently passed away. I am trying to access her laptop but do not know the password. I am trying to figure out how to reset it. Can anyone help?...
  10. Is it worth me the upgrade from 7 to 10 in the first place?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it worth me the upgrade from 7 to 10 in the first place?: I want to gather here pros and cons. Sorry, I searched the forum for a similar thread, but couldn't find it. My only interest is in comparing Home versions here. I see no benefit for myself in Pro - for BitLocker I'd use a free (as in free software) alternative -, though...