Windows 10: Upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and cannot install my 2 wireless printers.

Discus and support Upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and cannot install my 2 wireless printers. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I upgraded to Windows 10 Home from Windows 7 Home 32 bit. Neither one of my wireless printers is recognized. One is an HP Officejet 8610 and the other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlanDickey_DC, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and cannot install my 2 wireless printers.

I upgraded to Windows 10 Home from Windows 7 Home 32 bit. Neither one of my wireless printers is recognized. One is an HP Officejet 8610 and the other is a Brother HL L2430. I've already tried all HP troubleshooting software, updated drivers, etc. Checked with Brother and there are no new drivers. I've tried every recommended fixes but still not working. Please help! I'm running low on patience since I've had this problem for about 2 weeks.

:)

AlanDickey_DC, Sep 12, 2018

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Sep 12, 2018
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 12, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

Upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and cannot install my 2 wireless printers.

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

Upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and cannot install my 2 wireless printers.

1. Upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and cannot install my 2 wireless printers. - Similar Threads - Upgraded cannot install

2. Cannot upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 because some installed programs are not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 because some installed programs are not...: I am still on Windows 7. I now tried to upgrade to Windows 10 using the boot medium the Media Creation Tool created on my flash drive. I started the setup.exe and a few prompts later I got a screen "What needs your attention". This prompt tells me that I have to uninstall...
  3. cannot upgrade my labtop from windows 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot upgrade my labtop from windows 7 to 10: Hello,I am facing a problem trying to upgrade my labtop from windows 7 to 10.Please can you Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-upgrade-my-labtop-from-windows-7-to-10/15c33c4d-c8ab-4746-a375-a2676b710bc2
  4. cannot upgrade my labtop from windows 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot upgrade my labtop from windows 7 to 10: Hello,I am facing a problem trying to upgrade my labtop from windows 7 to 10.Please can you Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-upgrade-my-labtop-from-windows-7-to-10/15c33c4d-c8ab-4746-a375-a2676b710bc2
  5. windows upgrade from 7 pro to windows 10. cannot complete the installation at the final...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows upgrade from 7 pro to windows 10. cannot complete the installation at the final...: I was doing the upgrade of my laptop from windows 7 pro to windows 10. I completed the necessary procedures and reached the last part of the installation procedure. After 73% of progress, this error pops up. I cannot complete the installation of windows 10. During the final...
  6. cannot upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 on my computer

cannot upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 on my computer: I have been trying to install windows 10 on my laptop which is currently running windows 7 pro i keep getting the error code 0x80070005 - 2000a I am not sure how to get around this if anyone can help that would be great....
  7. Cannot activate my Windows 10 upgrading from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot activate my Windows 10 upgrading from Windows 7: I bought a refurbished Lenovo PC years ago, and last week I bought a new solid driver for it and changed the old driver to install Windows 10 using a DVD with Windows 10 190619. When Windows 10 was ready, I began to download software and today I got the warning "Go to...
  8. Cannot connect to wireless printer on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot connect to wireless printer on Windows 10: Hi. I have spent about 10 hours trying to solve this problem, and it's very frustrating. I have a Canon MG6220 printer that I have used for years with no problems. It is connected to my 5G wireless network and I can print from a variety of devices in my home with no...
  9. Vmware Player 7-11 cannot install on Windows 10 after upgrade from 7

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Vmware Player 7-11 cannot install on Windows 10 after upgrade from 7: Hi guys, I have just upgraded my Windows 7 Unlimited OS to Windows 10 and when tried to install Vmware Player 7 to 11 versions, it gave me one same error as you can see below: [img] What might be the reason for this? I never came across in such situation...
  10. Cannot upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10!

Cannot upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10!: Hey all, I'm new to the forums and came across here as I was searching for a fix for my issue I am having. I am trying to upgrade to Windows 10, which I have done before on this machine but had to format my SSD and reinstall Win7. Now since doing that for the past 3-4...